1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

starting a daycare

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by raji651, Mar 3, 2008.

1. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Two-thirds of all children under age six are regularly cared for by someone who is not their parent.
    Professional childcare is needed in every community,from small towns to large cities. The need for daycare is expected to increase as even greater numbers of parents enter or rejoin the workforce.
    You can look after children of similar ages to your own. (Yes, running a day care is one profession where you can bring your children to work every day!) Or you can serve your community by operating a larger day care for children of various ages.
    As a day care owner you will have a rewarding, challenging career where you'll see the results of your caring and creative efforts every day. You'll be rewarded by the joy of children's laughter, and by watching them grow into independent, unique individuals.
    You'll be inspired by your ability each day to help children meet new challenges, learn new things, and discover the world around them.
    You'll become a teacher, a mentor and a caregiver-someone children love, trust and learn from at every turn. You'll also learn about yourself, and discover new strengths and abilities you may never have known you possessed, such as patience and creativity.
    You could start a home day care and look after just a few children at a time.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raji Its quite interesting how you have written about this topic..and its something totally relevant today..with both parents mostly working. You have also identified all the plus points mainly being able to take care of your kid at the same time too..Keep blogin..

3. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Hi Anand Chitra

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate that.
    Raji

4. loveshack

loveshack New IL'ite

Interesting issue........daycare is a widely discussed topic today,especially with moms working as well.

5. priyanik

priyanik New IL'ite

Hi

I recently decided to keep my 41/2 yr old at home since I have given up on my job search. For the past 1 year I have been applying for jobs and nothing has happened so far. My son used to go to a Montessori until May of this year and after I came back from India this summer, I have decided to do home-schooling. I realise that managing them at home is a very tough job. Especially at this age. He has got used to his teaher and when it comes to us they do not co-operate as much as they would in school. As Raji correctly said maybe a few more kids of his age along with him would turn out to be fruitful in pursuing my endeavour as a home-schooling Mom.