1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kolams In Pooja Room

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by krishnaamma, Feb 3, 2008.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We generally use only Rice Flour to draw Kolams in Pooja Room. Limestone, etc.. are not allowed. Here are some kolams that are used on a regular basis.

1. Ishwarya kolam (will upload later)
    2. Hridayakamala kolam
    Below, I have mentioned how this has to be drawn. This is for prosperity (Goddess Lakshmi).

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. srirangani

srirangani New IL'ite

Excellent kolam! i once drew a chariot kolam which was similar to this but half way I did it wrong and I had to erase the whole kolam. But if we can actually succesfully finish drawing a kolam, i assume it is something to be proud of.

3. Kaushrajan

Kaushrajan New IL'ite

hi,
    I am here at Indusladies now thanks to Krishnamma!! Yes, i came across this site in search of Kolams...one of my hobbies..i specially like the freehand kolams without dots...I request Krishnamma to please include me in the priviledged list of members who can visit the kolams link owned by Krishnamma. I would be very happy if i can get an opportunity to learn more kolams.....Thanks!!

4. krishnaamma

Hi Srirangani,

yes you are correct, when we finish the kolam correctly we fell very happy and also proud of ourselves.

5. krishnaamma

Hi Kaushrajan,

WElcome to IL and also my blog.Bow I am happy that you joined in IL. surely you will like this site. As per your request I started one thread and I am giving the link here. so if you click the link you can see those kolams.

I have to do many things in my web site and also here I cannot give the web address. And also I cant sent you a PM that is personal mail or private mail. so please go through that thread and let me put some more easy kolams there.

Free hand kolams

6. Kaushrajan

Kaushrajan New IL'ite

hi Krishnaamma,

Thankyou. I will wait...all good things come at their own time..!!
    Only during this Karthikgai masam i started putting kolams everyday and then started searching for more new kolams....when i came across all this.

Kaushalya R Kumar.

7. Kaushrajan

Kaushrajan New IL'ite

hi Krishnaamma,
    Sorry, the above post was a little abrupt as i had to run back to my little daughter...she woke up. Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to learn more kolams from you! Thanks to your son too for bringing you to all at IL.

Regards,
    Kaushalya Rajan Kumar

8. krishnaamma

Hi Kaushalya,

good to see your posts. take careof your small daughter first.:) slowly visit the kolam thread and enjoy. let me put more and more kolams there. ok ya? thanks for your complements.
    Ya Krishna helped me a lot to know about photo shop, uploading and attaching messages etc.,:thumbsup how you came to know about him?

9. Kaushrajan

Kaushrajan New IL'ite

hi Krishnaamma,
    In some places like Trichy, Coimbatore even if a persons name is know, they are addressed as their childs father or mother eg: Vaishuamma (Vaishu's mother) Sanjuappa (Sanju's father) etc. I guess your name is also like that...Krishna's mother! :)

Take care...
    Kaushalya R K

10. krishnaamma

Hi Kaushalya,

you are correct. I am Krishna's mother so my ID is Krishnaamma.:) Read all the blogs slowly and also threads. :coffee for your sweet feed backs.:thumbsup