1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The New Year Gift - a short story.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

happily enjoying your hug.
    In life, friendship has always meant a lot to me. I am still in touch with my first friend, who was my classmate in school. We meet once in 2, 3 years, but we are very close.I have friends in all age groups.So I understand what you write about friendship, Janani !
    Thankyou.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

a beautiful story with a message..and could not believe that it is your first one...:clap:clap:clap. Do write more....

3. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chith
    Wow! It was a nice New Year gift you gave us all. You have written it very nicely. No one will say that it is your first attempt. We often forget the gift of time, care and concern and only a friend can give it to us. So when are you gifting us another one.

Love
    vidhi

4. Chitvish

Now, please do not imagine I am going to write stories regularly ! This story just happened, honestly!
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

the concern we show to our friends always. The goodwill should continue even if there is not much direct contact.
    But now with the internet becoming a part of our life, distance is no criterion & all that we need is a few mts to spare & show our loved ones that we do care for them !
    Love,
    Chith.

6. UshaV

UshaV New IL'ite

Dear chitvish maam,
    Leaving behind all the material things that everybody would want to have, who wouldn't love to have the generous gifts of "love and care" for the year to come and many more. My god, what a timing! I should say ur story made my day! I hardly have any friends in your age group and i will definitely say that i take pride in even just knowing such a vibrant personality!
    Usha

7. Chitvish

you come under my friends' list ! So, a New Year Toast to my new friend!
    :cheers
    By the way, I have always made a note of your name in the forum because my daughter's maiden name was
    UshaV(iswanathan) !
    Thanks, UshaV !
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitra
    Thoroughly enjoyed your first story.
    So we Ilites have recieved a new year gift from you.. our cookery queen and religious mentor blossoming into a professional writer..

Way to go..:cheers

Regards
    Sowmya

9. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    You are a good writer, no doubt. Now you have shown us how good you are at stories too. Way to go!

Friendship between men and women were mostly looked at with suspicion at one time. Thankfully, in this time and age, genuine friendship between sexes is not treated with disdain and platonic relationships are accepted. There is a very positive note in your story.

10. Chitvish

You are really teasing me, no problem !shakehead
    No blossom - no writer ! This was just a passing thought, which took the shape of a story ! So, I decided to punish you all, my friends, for the New Year !
    Thanks for your "cho chweet" words !
    Love,
    Chithra.