1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are you tired of watching Amitabh Bachhan

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Dec 5, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hey, as far as my memory goes I have been watching Amitabh Bachhan on the big screen, on magazines, newspapers. I was a kid at that time. Today I am a young woman and I still see the frevor for this charismatic actor. His movies are still a hit, his shows are thronged by fans from the world, his interviews be it on TV or Newspaper are very interesting to read. It has been more than three decades this YOUNG OLD man is ruling Bollywood. At the prime age of 65, he does a wonderful movie like CHEENI KUM (Less of sugar). He has a movie NISHABDH to his where a teenager falls in love with him and he too falls for her at an old age. Producers queue up his home for dates with specially wirtten scripts for him. Most of the Bollywood actors at his age have been invited to give away awards or we can see them quietly clapping for the award winners. But this magnetic, talented actor is on the stage taking awards. He is proudly pitched against the young actors. Actors and stars half his age are longing for the script that Amitji has to his credit. The Big B, as he is loving called by his fans and critics, works for more than 15 hours a day. He hits the gym for hours in the morning while his son is fast asleep. (His son has admitted it in one of his interview).
    He hosted a TV show KAUN BANEGA KARODPATI with great panache and the second season of the same Show bit the dust, as people could not take another host in his place. Like a teenager he is in all jingles and does it with finesse. He showed remarkable capabilities during his bad patch (he was in debts of crores of rupees when ABCL - his company was declared a sick company). He started from the scratch and built the empire again and at that time he had crossed his 50's. That needs a standing ovation. His small stint in politics was one of his bad decisions ( he agrees). The press, colleagues and media was upset with him and his family for not being invited for the wedding of his son. He was showered with wrath by the media, but , all was forgotten very easily too. I am not tired of watching this old young man. I want more of him on the screen..

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Mals Pie as always a catchy topic .. I dont watch movies so I am not in a position to justify my answer..still wanted to reply to your blog..His name has been a household name as long as I can remember..He has his diehard fans..I think all movie stars have their own following..More so applicable for older stars..I dont know if a woman could have lasted this long especially as a heroine..mostly they get dumped when they reach their 30's??.. But if he is making money and is in demand ..like you say..then why not..atleast to keep you happy..sure..go on..

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mals,
    If there is ever a term, "mad fan", I am that for Big B. I adore his acting, looks, grey beard - in short, everything about him.Oh, not to miss out on his voice !!
    Now, Mals, don't get me wrong - he is my Valentine !!
    There is yet another grey bearded TV personality, whom I would die for ! Guess????:idea
    Love,
    Chits.

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

mals his voice i drool over, his diction of english salaam any day, the choice of words my my and the beard and the great juttu in cheeni kum, zindagi ki kami hi sahi, phir bhi thoda dede,is all can say,but feel sad he is being made to do so much in the twilight may be his colors of life is more riot in the twilight zone..sunkan

5. Swasthi_Sri

Swasthi_Sri New IL'ite

Hello,
    Id like to say Im a bit tired of watching AB. Not his movies or anything but his news in mant channels esp after his sons wedding. Dont u all think thier family is always hunt after these days. No channel is leaving them. AB did this, Aish did that, Abishek did this, went there. God! Im so tired hearing abt them. I agree that AB is a gr8 actor, none like him. His numerous roles now and before are superb but they are humans too. Why do the media go after them as if they are Gods? During the wedding of Abi and Aish, Sahara channel were behind them fr 3 days! and still havent left them. What's the big deal? They are humans, all have private lives, I think its the public who are making them super humans. After marriage there isnt a single occasion their family havent left alone. Dont u all think they are too carried away now a days?
    Sorry if Ive hurt anybodys feelings.

Sindhu

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Oh, I am never tired of watching AB, in movies or otherwise. I make it a point to watch his movies, even though I have seen them already. I love Abhimaan, Mili, Anand,Sholay, Amar Akbar Anthony ...oh the list is endless. I loved Aks too very much. I watched a little of Nishabdh recently. Even my 17 year old son is his fan. I loved KBK very much. Sharukh should not have agreed to do the show, nobody would accept him in AB's place. AB is AB, ven his son cannot come near him.

7. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Wonderful man indeed. Although I am not specifically drawn to AB movies, it is difficult for any man to be in industry so long and that too being successful fo the most part.
    Recently on IBN live and other news channels there was a big comparison between big B and Rajinikant. Both are superstars, but I found they were great in their own domains and regions.
    Let god keep both of them happy for a loong time. They mean so much to Indians to the level that we personally connect to their dialogues in movies. As for Amitabh, I want him to do films with deeper meaning, not Nishabd or Aks or Cheeni Kum. He played the roles well, but his stardom can be utilized for bigger purposes, to spread bigger messages