1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Child In Me To The Woman In Me

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Oct 30, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

The child in me to the woman in me:
    We go through a lot of changes with all the rebel of controversies bottled up inside, as a child when reprimanded though we differ to the idea we just don’t speak out our thoughts giving them the wrong impression either we are mentally not up to it or lower IQ or docile and if you do voice you are a rebel.

Then come a time the teenage you are more and more angry for all the accusations but still have to be mum as ethics call for and when you discuss these problems with your friends, some would say, come on, give them good that is not the way for them to treat you, this is her love for me. We go back and give the same answer and our parents are baffled, who is this? Teaching you all this stuff and so on, so you come to know you have ruffled their feathers and it feels so good to know, for a change they got their own coin.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Then come the very responsible positions of college and there too, many pranks, not withstanding the favoritism of our lecturers and there you are not silent, you do have a voice, but in a subtle manner as your scores are in their hand to modify how they wish. Here again I must mention that these ideas are of people who have independent streak in them and will not butter any one to get their things done, there are many among my friends too who would bring flowers and eatables sometime home food and please our teachers.

Again the suppression start to an extent, but then your anger takes a different turn sometimes it is in the house or with your siblings or somebody away from the source as you don’t know how to tackle the source directly, mentally you could make them the punching bag but nothing more will ever harm them, the teaching faculty have always had an opinion of their own and will not change it for the world. Not like some teachers who are ready to sit out and have a face to face with you, and settle the score,even parents i mean.

Later you join an office you will be slogging your gut out but there are always higher ups who love to take over at the final stage and put a signature and take away all your work under their banner, you are left to just fume and fetter but nothing more. Again a gang of friends form to help each other against this atrocity and still one cannot go ahead a change the basic of ones over powering on others, as that is life.
    Even if you are a manager there is always someone more interested in your post and waiting to find flaw and help you to loose the image you have been slogging hard to reach, these days framing is like the filmy ishtyle to nail you, the fume rises even more, but here either you take a break or leave. With all these in mind you again seek something somewhere someone would understand and think may be if I have a partner who would stand by me.
    What do we expect loyalty, hahah is he your pet? No and that’s the last of stuff that you come across, because there too he has a mind of his own, and is going to use you as a punching bag for all that’s being done in his office, or his relative, or in an inadequate attitude that could come across as difference in opinion. Here do you say what is in your mind and have a big gap in a relationship or just keep quite as to let him learn. We do voice as we are unable to tolerate anymore of these piling of their attitudes on us, now if you notice this has been slowly building in us from our child hood and not sudden.
    Now the mother hood as we notice, we don’t treat our kids the way our parents treated us, I mean here the negative attitudes they had with us according to our opinion, but our children have a different opinion still of how we should handle them, so the generation gap that they mention is like a re- cycle bin u need to keep throwing ideas into, to take up fresh ones as they come. By the time the kids are married you have had a load of expressions dumped on you and if you do not agree you can always take the back seat and enjoy, now the extended family how do you tackle? mum is the word any more what our children could not follow, the extended is more beyond to follow. So punch your ideas into a blog like this or keep fretting and rise your BP or Sugar, which is inevitable with all those ego’s dumped on you, and the difference is riding on, all along your life…sunkan

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Totally Totally agree with you Sunkan. Nobody could have written better. I absolutely have lived a lot of this and the times that i did ty and speak was totally disastrous. Wished I had known sooner. Hoping all of lifes experiences are preparing me to be a good mother in law where my son's wife can communicate freely and openly with me and I can have a lasting friendship with her. If that dream comes true maybe the path was worthit. I need to keep an idea towards the goal. Most times spirituality is the goal for me so I feel life is getting me ready.

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

sure AC,
    life does prepare u always with samples, and the next time around you are very smart in your approach..happy promotions in life..sunkan

4. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ma'am,
    So good and so true for me upto motherhood.........(not yet a mother).
    Everything you have mentioned here, I had been through the same road..........conflicts between opinion with parents.....teachers,
    then comes my career.....some people in my work place liked me...some not.......but who cares as long as I am good and honest to myself and maintain my time-frame.........
    regards.......

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku meeta,
    wondering where u were, may be this blog is out of sight to many, personally i feel this place is like a first class compartment where the general don't bother to trend and in my life i have always loved the general compartment as there is more spice and life there, what say you..sunkan

6. sudhakumar

sudhakumar New IL'ite

I agree with you. I am sure everyone-not only a woman- even a man has such bottled up feelings. I do let off the steam to breath freely at times when I feel I can get away with minimal damage.

I like your style of writing. ...sudha

7. sudhakumar

sudhakumar New IL'ite

I agree with you. I am sure everyone-not only a woman- even a man has such bottled up feelings. I do let off the steam to breath freely at times when I feel I can get away with minimal damage.

I like your style of writing. ...sudha

8. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Sakhi,
    Agree with you... But I have always felt that it is better to restrain oneself and see how things move rather than rebel or burst out... That way, you lose control over yourself and the situation... By being silent and watchful you may win quite a few of these battles....right?

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear viju,
    u think we have any other option than silence, the golden word but what happens to all those feelings here they are pouring out here....sunkan

10. vpadmagayetri

vpadmagayetri New IL'ite

Hi ma'am,
    Padma here. The message written by you reminds me of what my mom always used to say. I never really paid much attention at that time, but life has changed ever since I've become a mom. And itz like I want to rewing my life, go back and tell my mom that I will listen to her, do exactly what she says. How true were her words!!!!! She said "You'll understand when u become a mom."It takes so much of patience, devotion and dedication to be a mother. And I hope I be a nice mom to Kaushik.