Indian ladies in UK - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by Sindhurao, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hello everyone:

I thought it would be nice if those of us living in the UK not in London have a spot to introduce ourselves.

So here goes.,,,

I am Sindhu and have been living in Milton Keynes which is to the north of London for 2 years now. MK as it is known in short is a relatively new town / city - celebrating it's 40th anniversary this year. ​

I have so far liked my stay in the UK though the gloomy weather can quickly make me change my mind:)

I love gardening and up until now I have found UK to be a gardener's delight - in terms of gardens to visit, gardening shows and gardening as such.

It was a delight initially when I got onto Indusladies, happy that there was an online community for Indian ladies.

That is enough about me. How about a post on yourself now?

Sindhu

pujaaree and gtiwari like this.

2. Rajehari

Rajehari New IL'ite

Hi

I am Raji living in Bristol for 3 years now.I have a 4month old baby boy who is taking most of my time. Fun though:). I like Uk in summer. Winter is the worst part here as can't socialize out much.

I like to knitt and do embroidery. Indus ladies is very helpful for me to share my thoughts.

Raji

pujaaree and ShahidKapoor like this.
  3. Rajehari

Rajehari New IL'ite

Hi

I am Raji living in Bristol which is around 2 hrs of journey from London. I have a 4 month old baby who is taking most of time. Fun though :).

I like UK especially in summer. Winter is also good but can't socialize much in winter.

I like knitting and Embroidery to which Indus ladies is very helpful.

Ok my son needs me now. See u all later.

Byee

pujaaree likes this.
  4. vimala.jayaram

vimala.jayaram New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I have moved to england very recently. I am staying in Plymouth. Please let me know if any indians/ tamilians live in plymouth.

Cheers,
    Vimala

pujaaree likes this.
  5. swapna15

swapna15 Senior IL'ite

Hello everyone,

I am Swapna and am living in UK since 2001, its been 7 years now and time just flies. I do like this country although nothing can take india's place in my heart.

I am a freelance artist, love to cook, read, gardening, travelling and making new friends.

The thing i do not like abt this country is there is no social life, other than that everything is fine. what do u say..?

take care
    Swapna

pujaaree and hims100 like this.
  6. vimala.jayaram

vimala.jayaram New IL'ite

Very true swapna,

I too i am feeling bad for that. There are no indians where we stay and all my neighbours are white and morever all oldies.

Regards,
    Vimala

pujaaree likes this.
  7. swapna15

swapna15 Senior IL'ite

Hello Vimla,

Have u just moved here, i mean in Uk..?

Keep in touch..

Regards

Swapna

pujaaree likes this.
  8. lavanyahere

lavanyahere New IL'ite

Hi friends............

I am lavanya and new member to Indus Ladies.... Came to know abt this site thro one of my friend.

I live in Uk, Birmingham for past 4 years..... I have a little cute daughter named "TRISA". My hobbies are drawing, cooking, watching T.V....etc....I am very glad, that i am here..............

pujaaree, Sakthisudhakar and gtiwari like this.
  9. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Dear Raji, Vimala, Swapna and Lavanya:

Welcome to Indusladies.

Raji : Like you said, summers are good here. Though I think it could still do with a little more sunshine!

Good you are enjoying the knitting and embroidery forums. You may even learn some new craft here!

Vimala:

Welcome to UK! Just some more months in the country and you will have your own circle of friends - takes time that is all.

Swapna:

What you say about 'nothing can take India's place in my heart' holds good for me as well. Each time I go to India for a holiday I have this great feeling - it's great to be back home despite all the problems back there.

Social life is probably not big enough for us since we haven't lived all our life here. What do you say?

Lavanya:

Lovely name 'Trisa'. I'm sure you are loving the cookery section in Indusladies. I checked the section once and spent almost the whole day:) and the recipes I noted down have lasted so far :rotfl

Enjoy ladies!

Sindhu

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
    pujaaree likes this.
  10. swapna15

swapna15 Senior IL'ite

Yes Sindhu, I somewhat agree with you..hope by passing days/years situation gets improved..no harm being optimistic :thumbsup Isnt it..?

pujaaree likes this.