need help in choosing a career.

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by surekhap, Mar 11, 2016.

1. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

Friends, my educational qualification is Bsc(BZC; Botony, Zoology, chemistry); BEd Been a stay at home house wife for 10 years now I want to go back to work and make my career.

As I lost touch with the subjects Iam interested in doing any course before entering my career so that I can get opportunities easily and I could feel confident.

Teaching profession is not my choice. I was looking for courses related to organic chemistry these days. But the course period is minimum 2 years and in my situation I could not attend daily classes for 2 years.

What about the career opportunities in medical coding or medical transcription side? Any one in the same profession can pour their ideas and suggestion here please.

Any other course ideas related to my qualification are welcome.

Thank u

2. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

hmmmmmm........46 views and not even a single suggestion??????

3. Sweetgirl123

Sweetgirl123 Silver IL'ite

Nice to see someone who motivated to return to education and work after taking a hiatus.
    It surely will not be smooth or easy but it seems a very good thing to do.
    I don't have any specific advice to offer, since I'm not really familiar with the requirements. You could contact some companies who offer those services and ask what is needed to work for them.
    I will just offer some general advice, you could look into distance learning via the Internet, such as international London uni Postgraduate programmes in Health | University of London International Programmes
    And you can try your hand at general transcription first if you want to do medical transcriptions. I think scribie.com has the best practice program for newly transcribers. And if you want to transcribe for them, you will need to practice a lot first. Or maybe that was just me. Lol
    Like I said, I really don't know what to advise you since I'm not familiar.

4. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

Thank u very much @sweetgirl123. your feedback means a lot to me. I have checked the link . Yes I found some courses interesting .
    Yes I know it is not going to be easy but I have decided not to step back:)

Thank u once again.

2 people like this.