Suggestions to Choose between Welcare, Latifa or Zulekha Dubai hospitals?

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Dubai' started by Jaipur2013, May 9, 2013.

1. Jaipur2013

Jaipur2013 New IL'ite

Hi il's,

I am 8 week pregnant with second child.My first delivery was in India so everything was smooth.

This time we are planning my delivery in Dubai.Currently i visited welcare hospital in health care city for basic checkups.Hospital seems nice.

I am covered with Metlife Alico Insurance but i believe they cover limited amount of pregnancy expenses.

I am living very near to Latifa hospital (Al Wasl Hospital).Any current experiences about this hosital.

Zulekha Dubai is also good option but i heard most of cesareans delivery happen to be there.

Pls help us selecting good hospital for my Delivery.

Rgds

2. soniadutta

soniadutta Junior IL'ite

Re: Need your suggestions choosing between Welcare, Latifa or Zulekha Dubai hospitals

Hi,
    My experience with Welcare hospital in al garoud was excellent. i consulted Dr. Janaki there. It was my second delivery and was normal. i delivered in nov 12. in my opinion if you are covered under insurance , go for welcare hospital. and if maternity not covered under insurance, then Zulekha sharjah has good reviews. Two of my friends have delivered there and both of them had normal delivery. Welcare is expensive ,so, then go for Zulekha .

3. Mumtotwo

Mumtotwo Silver IL'ite

Re: Need your suggestions choosing between Welcare, Latifa or Zulekha Dubai hospitals

Hi,
    I, too, had a very good experience at Welcare and definitely recommend it. I have no personal experience in the other two hospitals but have heard not so good reviews of Zulekha.

Take care and good luck

4. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Welcare is the best and consult Dr Janki or Shanti Medhi. My case was handled by Dr Janki but Dr Medhi is equally good. Getting an apptt with Dr Janki in Welcare is bit difficult as you will have to wait but ones done, rest assured everything will be taken care. As for your insurance that you'll have to check but even in case you have to shell out from your pocket that should also be ok as you'll be going to the most reliable & recommended Dr.

Wish you luck

5. akshatha1981

akshatha1981 New IL'ite

Hi Friends..
    Can you please suggest a good Dr and a delivery hospital in Dubai. Preferably keralites( I am ok, if not).
    I am also lookign for a good NICU in hospital.. Pls suggest some good Gynaecs who will help you go through this... I have heard about Dr. Halima in Al rafa and Dr. Mary John in John's Clinic ( Latifa Hospital).
    ANy body has any reviews about these and pls let me know who is best.. Also if I register in LAtifa , taking pre natal care package, Can I visit Dr. Mar john in her clinic.. Also pls let me know whether these Dr's will be actually doing yur delivery.. Help me... pls .. urgent....

6. vara83

vara83 New IL'ite

hi jaipur2013,

I am also in 10th week of pregnancy with first child. & seeking some suggestion in choosing the hospital.
    By now you may have chosen the hospital & if possible, please share the experience.

Thanks,

7. pregnant

pregnant New IL'ite

hi,
    can any1 please tell how is zulekha hospital dubai for delivery? which dr should be consulted there? im 24 weeks pregnant and its my first baby.kindly rely

8. ManpreetKaur

ManpreetKaur Bronze IL'ite

Hello "Pregnant"!
    Firstly congratulations to you dear!
    Just to tell you, i am also sailing in the same boat. (I am 32-33 weeks now)
    I have planned my delivery in Mediclinic's City Hospital with Dr Purnima Deb.

Zulekha is also nice hospital. Rest its more like every pateint , every case is different and therefore everybody has a different experience. I have friends who had very good experience at Zulekha and 2 of my friends who had bad experience in Zulekha.

Although, i have checked and know that Zulekha has full service capabilities (for pre term delivery as well as good neo natal care, nursery etc.)

By the way, any special reason you have chosen Zulekha??

Good Luck
    Manpreet

9. angel1719

angel1719 Silver IL'ite

hi all,

i have delivered my 1st one with Dr. Maha from Mediclinic Qusais. She will conduct delivery in Garhoud Welcare i.e. Mediclinic Garhoud....my experience with her was amazing.

I have heard abt Dr. Purnima Deb..she too is an amazing doc...my friend's experience....

I am not sure about Zulekha...whosoever i know have had C -section in that hospital...so i wouldn't vouch for it...

PS: Mine was normal...

10. zainy

zainy New IL'ite

has anyone had any experience with dr Sujata Warhekar in welcare?
    had my appointment with her today. .... did not feel too comfortable. .. want to change my dr
    ..but I am already 31Weeks :( .... any suggestions for me?