1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why I Love IndusLadies

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Amica, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I found IndusLadies a few weeks ago while Googling. I've been here for a little over a month now and I look forward to logging in daily, mug of masala chai in hand.

Why do I log in every day? Why do I find it so addictive? Why do I sometimes think of a post as I'm wheeling my cart down a supermarket aisle? Well, it's late Sunday afternoon, DH is snoring, the forum's unusually quiet, so to try and answer the above, I resolved to put pen to paper — er, fingers to keyboard — and dash off a snippet about my love for IL.

Here goes nothing.

The instant draw is the familiarity, like landing on the stomping grounds of my youth once again. I feel a moment of nostalgia here, a longing for my old neighborhood there, and an undeniable sense of homecoming as I scroll through the posts.

I am attracted like a bee to honey by the sense of camaraderie and community throughout the site. The intelligence, the humor, the caring, the kindness, the good-natured teasing — they all keep my eyes glued to the screen.

I've already spent a fair amount of time in the relationship forum. The varied responses never cease to impress and educate me. So many members make the time to type replies to strangers in distress. Each post, full of advice, commiseration or comfort, reaches out to our virtual family in ways a real-life family cannot. IL provides us with a safe place to discuss the most embarrassing and personal of topics.

There's something here for everyone — contests, philosophical snippets, intriguing fiction, book groups, beauty/fashion/health tips, relationship/pregnancy/parenting advice. Members generously share recipes, craft/embroidery/art projects, and decorating/home-making tips. There are plenty of informative threads on religion, entertainment and finance. We are a community that enjoys it all, from thought-provoking discussions to puzzles and jokes.

I love everything about IL. I am intrigued by the names, avatars and signatures with which we choose to represent ourselves. The emoticons make me grin, especially this little guy: :bang. Being in IL helps me hide from the never-ending chores that beckon constantly.

Thanks for being here, ILites. Thank you, admin and tech team for keeping our virtual home working, and thank you, moderators, for keeping it clean. Thank you, all of you, for making a newbie feel welcome.

Oh, and of course, thank you, trolls, for the entertainment. What would we do without you?!

Bubbles, bmaquarius, Lathasv and 26 others like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Amica, that is such a heart-warming read! You have echoed the sentiments of many who are online here. Looking forward to interacting with you on the various forums! :-D

4 people like this.
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Trolls who? 'Troll' Me? ;-) :p Joking! Welcome & Enjoy your stay! I like your avatar too! :)

3 people like this.
  4. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

@Amica u r snippet reflects feelings of many IL's including me. please do write more .:-D

3 people like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Amica,

We are very glad you found IL because you are such a welcome addition to this great family. The success of any forum is directly proportional to hownew members feel welcome. You reflect the feelings of many bof us who keep coming here everyday for the same reasons.

Have fun and I sincerely look forward to our interactions.

Viswa

5 people like this.
  6. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

@Amica,

Loved your snippet. You wrote beautifully. And loved the way your expressed your love towards IL.kneesmiley

IL is simply irresistable Computer Typing. You never know when you get addicted. For me, it has always been a source of information (like an encyclopaedia).

Bestest part of IL is you can given unsolicited advice (at least for me). You feel like you are worth virtually at least ideasmiley and you get likes from our senior-most ILites. And another is troll posts, where you can show your sarcasm.

Lately, there have been so much negativity in relationship corner that I felt like I am relating myself to every other new post so I limit myself coming to IL. Even though, I had been a silent spectator (can't really control, you know :thumbsup:bonk).

Enjoy yourself on IL.

4 people like this.
  7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Amica
    Welcome to IL! And welcome to Good to Read Forum. Addictive? That's the biggest under-statement of the day! I came here at the recommendation of a peer in 2007 and I can't find my way out. A little over 9 years now and my love for IL keeps increasing! And when someone like you gatecrashes and smothers us with feel good sentiments, I feel elated as if I own IL!

As Viswa says, I look forward to interacting with you in the days to come. New ideas and new perspectives are always something to look forward to. And by the way, I also feel highly entertained by trolls! And that's a healthy attitude to have!
    Sri

Induslady, omsrisai, joylokhi and 3 others like this.
  8. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Excellent post Amica
    Even I am new and also getting addicted to this super dynamic site.
    Lets hang around ; it is educational, social and fun.

2 people like this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Amica,

Welcome to indusladies and snippets. This is my second home, me being a gent, have no place in other sections of indus, so i stick around here.
    Yes this is a lovely place no doubt, and u will never get bored here.You write well, so write about ur live and experiences, which will add value to snippets.

i too have been here since 2007, almost the time that Cheeniya has been here, and i am loving it here.

welcome .

Regards

kamal

4 people like this.
  10. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame