1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thooli for baby..

Discussion in 'Infants' started by SaranKrish, Feb 21, 2016.

1. SaranKrish

SaranKrish New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    My baby is 4 months old and I have not introduced her thooli based on doctor's advise. Though she was in cradle for 2 months during day time, we used to made her sleep and put in cradle. Now, my MIL wants to put her in thooli for so many reasons. I don't know what to do bcoz she sleeps properly in bed. Please guide me.

Also, my mom & grandma told me like thooli for one baby should not be used by other baby/others. If used, then baby will have headache. Can some one help me out in this also?

2. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi Op,
    The reason behind putting baby in thooli is.. the shape of the head becomes spherical and baby gets closed and comfort feel.The doctors suggest not to put them in thooli because the spine doesnt remain in flat position ,prevents baby from move around freely while sleeping and rocking thooli fastly actually makes them faint sometimes.

If your baby is comfortable in sleeping in bed,I think you can continue the same.If u practice tooli,then one fine day(may be after a year) MIL and mother will start telling its time to practice sleeping on bed which is not an easy task,the baby will cry for thooli.

If you still had no option other than thooli because of family pressure then keep thick blanket to back of the baby before putting in thooli which will prevent spine from shrinking .don't rock too fast.Use thooli only for daytime and make her sleep on the bed in night.

I think as long as its washed and clean ,we can use other kid's thooli.It pure hygienic basis,not because of reasons like headache .

3. SaranKrish

SaranKrish New IL'ite