1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Megha

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by harinideep, Jan 27, 2016.

1. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

Thanks Rihana. My daughter started disturbing me and I got only 10 mins to write :) ..So glad that you read my story

1 person likes this.
  2. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

I can understand and very well relate myself to it. I had to quit my job for my family just when i was about to receive my promotion. Nice narration Harini. Great going.

All the best.

3. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Good start Harini. The title captured the attention. Most of Ilites could relate themselves to this story.. :) .Good luck

4. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

As others have mentioned, your title made me to read your story!!:exactly:. Good start!! :) Also the orange & pink silk saree!!! ;-) All the best dear!! Keep writing!! Story seems to be interesting and can very well relate to many ladies!!

5. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Waiting for the next episode!! :)

6. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

PART 3

I feel little curious about where Madhav is taking me for dinner. So I ask him 'Madhav , are we going to some chettinad restaurant' .
    Madhav says ' No , something better than that'
    Me : oh , then , candle light dinner
    Madhav : something better than that
    Me : I guess you are taking to some restaurant in five star hotel
    Madhav : No dear , something better than that
    As the car goes through various routes , I keep wondering where he is taking me for dinner . I just close my eyes to relax. Madhav wakes me up in sometime ' Dear , We have reached the place . Open your eyes' . I look out in excitement . ' Oh my god , I cant believe you had plans to come here ' . I jump out of the car in excitement . This small restaurant named ' Friends Restaurant ' is the place where we met first and we used to go there regularly before marriage .
    As we enter the restaurant and find a seat , Sunil comes running to greet us . ' Welcome sir and madam , it has been many years since you both came here.So glad to see you', Sunil says with excitement . Sunil is a waiter in the restaurant.
    I feel surprised to see him remember us after many years. Looking at my surprised look Sunil says ' How can I forget you madam . When I needed money for my brother's exam fee , you helped me without thinking a bit .Madam , you look the same . Sir has got more of grey hair and looks little different ' . Madhav looks at me and whispers' See, I told you that I will do hair coloring . You did not listen to me ' . Sunil takes orders and says that food will be ready in few minutes.
    This restaurant is special to us as we used to come almost daily 10 years back . Both of us don't remember what we used to talk . But we used to talk for long hours and had very nice time . I turn to Madhav ' Madhav , thanks for bringing me here . It is bringing out our sweet memories. I am feeling very happy '. Madhav says ' Megha dear , I am also feeling happy. During those days , I had no worries. We had just joined our company as freshers . I used to have only one thought ' Which shirt to wear for the next day' . Now thousand thoughts run in my mind about kids school admission, their grades , my project status , attrition , parent's health , hike in salary etc . I guess that is why my hair has turned grey and being a project manager is adding more grey hair .
    I smile at him ' You are looking more attractive with these grey hair ' . He looks at me ' Are you serious ?. Do I look more attractive than those days' . Holding his hands , I say 'Our responsibilities has increased so much . So does our love and care for each other '.
    The food we ordered is kept in our tables. Though the restaurant prepares only few dishes , they are tasty and many college students come here as it is nearby a famous college. I get a call from my mother and knowing that our kids have already slept ,we decide to pick them up from parent's house the next day .
    After reaching home , I hug Madhav and say ' Thanks for the gift and pleasant evening ' . Madhav switches on the tv and says ' So , do you think , I have finished giving my gift '. I think for a while ' Oh , you got me one more saree ? ' . Madhav gives a cute look - ' No , something better than that '

7. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Nice episode. What's the other gift thinkingsmiley

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The onsite-offer letter, and an expensive pen for her to sign it with. :coffee

3 people like this.
  9. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Vow!! Very romantic episode.............Keep going

10. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

hi harini a different story ..... waiting for next one....