1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

little praise can do wonders on kids

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by succhi, Nov 24, 2015.

1. succhi

succhi Silver IL'ite

hi
    i have a five year old daughter who is very much active,like any other kid of her age...likes to play many games but gets bored of the stuffs too early and spills all the toys throughout the house....tried a lot to keep the toys in respective place,along with her by playing some games and setting up the toys,telliing her stories about keeping things neatly,but nothing helped..i didnot want her to grow up just like that so much untidy the house would be,that our house looked like a toy house....i agree she is not to old to learn tidiness...but certain manners have to developed right from childhood...
    i would be tired the whole day looking up for the tiny toy parts on the ground,which are choking hazards as well as if stepped on it by mistake...a fall is guaranteed...as my aged in laws are with us too..they must not step on it and injure themselves.i would be exhausted at the end of the day keeping things neatly.
    now i tried out this technique....i tidied up the whole house and her toys and set them up nicely..like story books separately..board games separately.
    barbies separately etc...and showed her how i had arranged them..and asked her to follow the same..and praised her every time she placed the object in the particular place..which was enjoyed by her..and at this age they want attention and praise...so i continued to praise her for every little thing she did.
    now it has become a habit for her to keep the things in its place.and she can't see things misplaced...so a little praise can make wonders on little kids....

SCA and sindmani like this.

2. meena texas

meena texas New IL'ite

Your kid is lucky to have you trained on good habits. I know kids at this age have too much energy. No matter what games toys you give, they get bored after a while. Organizing is a project that last for life time however it benefits the most if being trained early. You make the best use of her time in this age!