1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One more middle of mine friends..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ambika ananth, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Ambika,
    my eyes are brimmed and making it difficult for me to see the monitor. I think the old lady had done some punya also, to get the love and care of a good soul like you and also your family. She would be thanking and blessing you, wherever she is. God bless you and let me be inspired by you.

2. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Sudha for your appreciation. It gives me great impetus to write more and better when I read response like that of yours...thanks again. I am sure that 'Ajji's soul is blessing all of us..

Radha, its not the question of 'feeding' somebody ..its the circumstances of some lives which should touch us. And I didn't get your idea of 'as they sow so they reap'....are you talking about the 'karma cycle' or 'fate'? If we start analyzing that way, we will surely stop empathyzing with anybody, because, we equate 'suffering' to some past 'sin'....
    I would like to hear from you on this...
    Thanks and regards
    ambika

3. ambika ananth

Dear Varloo,

In each one of us, there is an unexplored capacity to love others and react to their pains....when one comes across a life situation to pour it out, definitely one would..!! Anybody coming to know the plight of that 'ripe old woman', would have done exactly the way I did....give unconditional love. I feel good that I had that chance...Deep love for others can crash all boundaries..

Thanks Varloo for calling me a 'good soul'...truly I strive to be that. As I said in Sudha's post, that Ajji's soul is blessing all of us, for shedding painful tears for her and for sending deep empathy ...
    Regards
    ambika

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ambika,

Your experience with Ajji brought tears to my eyes. It is very hard to carry on with one's own life when one comes into contact with such hopeless misery. Like Vidya said, the angel in you did not keep quiet. Please do not hesitate to share such experiences here. I think it will wake many a sleeping conscience and who knows how many more ajjis and other downtrodden may profit, besides our own selves.

L, Kamla

5. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ambika,
    I was moved reading your middle and do keep them coming.Sometimes we miss even noticing these fragile people, so caught up in our own day to day activities.
    Love,

6. ambika ananth

Thank you Kamla for your appreciation. I hear the tone of a 'sibling' in your posts, so I wait to see your response. Will surely post some more of my middles...after all, writers need the 'tonic' of recognistion and appreciation often, to sustain themselves, which is available abundantly in our site. Yes, the main idea behind writing middles like this one is to bring into focus the lopsidedness of our world. Writers have a social function and duty to perform, any inhumanity wrought on people should be highlighted in their work- even if one reader is touched and transformed, it makes a sure difference to the world.
    regards
    ambika

7. ambika ananth

Thanks Anjana, for liking my post. When members encourage me like this whole-heartedly, I feel loved and appreciated, seems the very purpose of writing is served.
    ambika

8. Bhugan

Bhugan New IL'ite

Dear Ambika Ananth

My heart is heavy after readin yr story and my eyes have become dry after shedding all the tears. Old age is a curse and that too if we dont have people to take care of us.
    It was indeed heart wrenching.
    luv
    bhugan

9. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

dear ambika
    i meant to say today they dont care their parents dont their off springs see wot they r doing they wud give the same treatment to their parentst too
    whn i meant feeding
    see almost all of us see so many ppl hungry in desperate states but never does it occur to us tht they need fud and not a one rupee coin which u toss off
    sometimes we do think bcz in india beggars r making a profession the one rupee coin is also not worth for them
    honestly
    whn u see at cross roads, carparkings, road crossings many times we feel and the credit of potraying india is well knwn to us how many of the documentaries show the rural india and esply wot we see daily
    hence i felt how many of us wud sit and tlk to them asking wot their problems are and atleast give them fud to fill their stomachs?
    hope i am clear now

10. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ambika Ma'am,

I almost visualised the Aji, her place in the market, your visit to her and almost every word written by you. I have nothing more to comment but I think when we could visualise the words written, that shows the power of writting. That's all.
    Thank you for such heart-touching write-ups.
    Meeta

1 person likes this.