Diet recommendation during TTC

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Manishada, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Manishada

Manishada New IL'ite

I live in middle east and we are TTC for last few months. I recently had a check up and found normal. Doctor suggested to have IC during the fertile period as much as we can. My DH goes for work early in the morning and come back late in the evening. He is very tired and not taking any effort for TTC. We have added lot of fruits and vegetables in our diet. But it didn't help so far. He can't take day off from company as the job market in middle is not good. I am disappointed.

2. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi

Do not worry.... You have many ovulation predictor kit available in market. buy one of them and use as per instruction so that u can have IC when the day is near. DO not put the word TTC in mind and try, it will make ur situation worse. enjoy making love, once ur hus is after work , give him time to relax, make him comfortable then have a walk together or so and bring in a romantic feel. so that it will be easy when u come to ur bed room.

3. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

Op,

If your DH is too tired,try atleast during ovulation.Buy ovulation prediction kits. you can buy cheaper local brands which have 5-6 test strips . good brands like clear blue will be expensive.Use them to pin point ovulation and have IC around that time.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Manishada,
    Find ways to cover up the fertile days. Or try to be active in IC two days once or alternate days after CD10 based on your cycle length. Talk to your hubby when he is in good mood on planning kids.

Hope your BMI is in normal range and your cycle is regular.
    All the best.

5. waiting4rmlong

waiting4rmlong Gold IL'ite

Hi Teejay

Can you suggest which is good ovulation kits apart from clear blue?

6. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

Hi Manishada

Sorry about that. My hubby is also like that. He will go early in the morning and come home late night (around 11 pm).

Both of you can/Do take ladies finger daily (half cooked, just saute it with small onion and add required salt (crystal salt is best for all TTC. if you want powdered salt, you can grind the crystal salt) because powdered salt will increase thyroid levels as well as sodium levels) this will help increasing egg and sperm quality as well as quantity and also small onion will help in blood circulation and eat green leafy at least once in two days and do drink lots of water. also you can take sleek veggies like ladies finger. A BIG NO TO OUTSIDE AND SPICY FOOD (which will decrease egg or sperm quality and quantity). do try to grind home style masalas (not packed masalas). No non-veg items except egg and avoid heat producing items.

If you have time early in the morning, you can also do surya namaskar in yoga for at least 5 minutes first and gradually you can increase. after six months check your semen count, if no improvement please PM me.

7. Manishada

Manishada New IL'ite

Thank you for the suggestions, Especially the ovulation kit and diet. We will try,

We both are healthy and have no issues. Only obstacle is that he can't make love on demand ( during ovulation period ), especially if it is on weekdays. He says he is too tired. Few times I took him to Haji ali for faloodas. As sugugiri2010 suggested, such outing in the evening was refreshing. But his hectic schedule kills all the spirit.

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

How about the morning try, before starting to work or little before to the regular wake up time? Plan something if your ovulation tends to fall on week days.

9. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Dear do not let him know that u r near ovulation, mostly gents tend to take too much stress when they are aware. For eg. In my case i was on treatment so every time i used to update him about the follicular study ,size of the follicle and rupturing of follicle and i found out that my hus was too much stressed to make love. then we decided that i will go hospital alone and we will not discuss on reports. initially few days he had a tendency to know but then later he stopped asking and i could see the change.

So do not let him know, even if he ask just say, y r u so bothered that is not important.. we just need to be happy. always create some kind of mood when u know ur ovulation is near. and try to make the moves casually. it will help. ya as vasu said men really love the morning time, as they will be stress free and mind will be so clear. try that, there are some research survey saying that it really works. I f ur not able to take him out, plan to make some delicious food for him, any of his fav, take a shower together, or make some changes in bedroom, use mild room sprays.

2 people like this.
  10. Manishada

Manishada New IL'ite

You are right. It seems to be true. Whenever I tell him about the ovulation period, it creates more stress on both of us. I will avoid that in future.