query regarding an offer from Doha

Discussion in 'Indians in Qatar' started by meerak122, Jan 21, 2016.

1. meerak122

meerak122 Junior IL'ite

One of my friends got an offer which requires him to be in Doha for next 3 years, and they are offering him around 2000 USD which I think would be around 7000 qatari riyal. he has almost 10 yrs of exp an dis earning around 60000 pm in india.

They will give him shared accomocation (without family). Is it a good offer? He has a wofe and a kid, he won't be able to take them since they wont provide family accomodation. But other wise, will he be able to save ?
    I feel salary is a bit low, ladies who stay there, please give your inputs.

2. meerak122

meerak122 Junior IL'ite

no replies?
    friends please give yout inputs.
    How much you are earning does it include aocmodation and do you have family/kids?
    any kind of information will be helpful in taking the decision.
    Also they kept his passport saying that they need it to get his permit etc done

3. prss

prss Gold IL'ite

What is his educational qualification? Pls elaborate on that.
    If he is earning 60k INR, then 7k QAR is definitely less. 7k is just a bit more than 1 Lakh INR.
    Good companies here do not keep the employee's passport with themselves. Visa is given in a paper printout first with which he can travel from India to Qatar and only after arriving here, it is printed on the passport. So there is no need for the company to keep his passport.

4. meerak122

meerak122 Junior IL'ite

Hi Prss,

thanks for your reply.
    He is an engineer with around 10 yrs of exp. they are giving free shared accomodation and free food. It is a reputed south korean company, but they kept the passport saying that they need it for medical checkup and for other formalities and they will return it. They havnt given the offer letter yet. Not sure whey they kept his passport although they said they will return it

5. meerak122

meerak122 Junior IL'ite

also cna you please give me an idea about resignation process? What about if he resignes and they dont accept? I think he will need exit permit form his employer to come back to india?