January 2016 Due Date Ladies...Join in :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by abs2911, May 13, 2015.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

sindhu,
    Baby will decide when he/she has decided to come. No other charts matter for the baby! As long as the baby has crossed 37W, expect anytime for the arrival.
    Scan edd keeps changing based on baby growth. Don't worry about it. Sticky with your LMP based.
    Good that your baby is upto the mark! Enjoy the last few days of pregnancy period!

2. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    My lil bundle has arrived today at 11.01am Australian time. Birth was normal. Will update the birth story when i go home.

2 people like this.
  3. skyinsc

skyinsc Silver IL'ite

Congrata abs2911 :)

4. richa85

richa85 Junior IL'ite

@abs2911 - Heartiest Congratulations to you....:) :clap
    Take care :)

5. Sindhu3006

Sindhu3006 Gold IL'ite

@abs2911

Congrats dear

6. ranj10

ranj10 Senior IL'ite

Congrats @skyinsc and @abs2911!

Waiting to hear from @Sindhu3006 @richa85 and others. Good luck with it. Take as much rest as possible before the delivery. You will need the energy to deliver and tf care for baby. I found the first 2 weeks really tiring. Great but exhausting as first time mom until baby learns to settle into our world slowly.

Birth story..well my water broke in the middle of the night. Had been very active the previous few days. Went to the hospital to be assessed. Bub had done a small poop inside (specks of meconium in waters) but was doing perfectly fine. Contractions started slowly. I was thinking it was early labour and didn't time the contractions well. Was thinking if the start is so painful how will I get through possibly many hours of this?! Was wondering if I would make it without pain relief as was my plan. Midwife kept reminding me to breathe during the pain. I had shivering fits sometimes and just forgot to breathe. Hubby asked for a fitball and floor mat as was our plan. He rubbed my back while I sat on the ball and did slow belly dance like movement during pain. I did make it without any pain relief. The midwives were AMAZING. A doc fid an internal exam - ouch. Turns out this was active labour as I was 9cm in less than 3 hrs!! Found it hard to believe. But it explained the intensity of the pain and the pressure on the rectum.
    Soon I was pushing. Tried different positions. Got tired as I couldn't eat ( as bub had done small poop it was considered to be safer to be prepared for intervention if his signs weren't good.so no food no energy). They gave IV. Baby was also not facing my back. He was sideways facing pubis more. Made it harder to.push. After 3 hours with much effort baby boy was born. How he screamed and cried! Came right on to my chest. head full of hair and eyes wide open. Hubby clamped the cord after it stopped pulsating. What a precious few moments. Life changing.

Been feeding and sleeping round the clock the last few weeks. My parents and husband have been super supportive. Bub is growing so quickly already.
    We should try to be in touch as our babies grow..the first few months atleast.

7. Sindhu3006

Sindhu3006 Gold IL'ite

@ranj10

Just waiting for my turn dear...had checkup this saturday again when i will be 39w5d no signs of pain or anything till now.

8. skyinsc

skyinsc Silver IL'ite

Congrats @ranj10. Going through labour without epidural :bowdown Just WOW !

9. ranj10

ranj10 Senior IL'ite

All the best. Relax and try to enjoy the quiet times.
    I never had any pain or felt any change in the last few days. Just some discharge but that is not an indication of when labour could be.

10. Sindhu3006

Sindhu3006 Gold IL'ite

@ranj10
    I am having that discharge from past one week but no progress...guess my baby is not yet ready feeling safe inside me only :)