1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A question

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Blissfulworld, Jan 3, 2016.

1. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

It's quite normal for people to develop gray hair before or around the age of 30..due to high stress levels etc..I think you should tell your fiance...even before the engagement..Tell her that you have premature gray hair and send her a selfie with your "salt and pepper" look..Tell her that you follow healthy style of living and do not have any bad habits and no previous relationships, she would be the only girl in your life and that you would colour your hair to hide the grays if she wishes..After that let her decide..For all you know she may appreciate your honesty and not make a big deal about it. If she breaks the relationship, be glad that you escaped.

1 person likes this.
  2. Tamilango

Tamilango Bronze IL'ite

Dear OP/Blissfulworld,

I have been in your shoes before. I faced a similar situation during my marriage.
    I told my girl what i was going through and was honest with her.
    She accepted me as such and we have a happy life together.
    "Thanks to Indusladies for the right piece of advice. I cannot thank you folks enough."

OP, Do not lose hope. We don't have to be ashamed of our physical appearance.

In a marriage/love, it doesn't matter at all as long as you love each other.

Read my story below
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/258191-should-i-marry-situation-like.html

Tell your girl, what you are going through and be honest 100%.
    Girls just expect love, attention, care from their husband more than anything else.

Good luck!!!

If she rejects you, then she is not THE ONE for you, probably your "better half" is still circling temples and praying hard to get you. :)

Wish you Good luck once again.

I hope she won't reject and miss a nice person in her life.

4 people like this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I am a woman. I faced almost similar situation during my marriage time too.

I had a love marriage, and we were together for many years before we got married. But never once I could notice the fact that my H had some grey hairs at that age. He was only 28 when we got married.
    My dad who was in his late 50 at that time did not have a single grey hair. My mom had only a few, yet she colored it comfortably. So, having a grey hair at that young age was something unimaginable for me then.

I am sure my husband (then boy friend) would have been initiated some conversations in this regard at that time. But the tube light in me took a very long time to understand what it was.

On our first night, I could notice light brown shades in his while pillow covers of the hotel where we stayed then. I immediately asked the room boy to change it.
    But it happened again on the 2nd day and I felt really irritated about it. Even at that time, I failed to understand the fact. I was too naive, may be.

After an argument with me, the room boy said it could be your husband's hair dye, not our mistake.
    The shattered me went back to my husband who was at the wash room then. But he coolly explained the fact.

He said, "yes... I have this condition "pre mature graying" Same as my dad (his dad).
    That's why I dye my hair. Earlier I used brown and other fancy colours as fashion. Now I am grown mature, so I can't apply fancy colours. I don't want to leave it grey either. It makes me look older. So, I've started applying usual hair dye.

This is what I was trying to tell you before, but you never heard me.

As long as he was ready to apply hair dye, all I had to tell him was to select some good product, so that he won't have health issues later on.

He is still using it. He looks young and healthy otherwise.

4. Blissfulworld

Blissfulworld New IL'ite

swt.charu,vani098,dimhere, aamrapali,soulful,MLP1,venlax,generic,Tamilango,SGBV.

Thank you all for your replies. Much appreciated. I am going to be honest with my girl . Cheers !

1 person likes this.
  5. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Hello Op,

Dont wait or hide your weakness to your partner.Sharing your weakness and negative to your partner is the true love and ability to understand the others weakness and strenght is the true respect and care.. So before going forward ur relation always better to share your weakness and thoughts rather than knowing it late or from other person...

6. riya123

riya123 Gold IL'ite

I think they issue here is not you having grey hair the issue here is you choosing to hide things from you partner. The later is more serious concern than the former.

for the fear of rejection, you chose to hide from her and what if she did something similar to you. Would you like it? time to introspect your behavior bro.

Be be honest and upfront about who you are and what you are?

7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

A lot of people these days tend to get a few grey hair as they enter the thirties.
    Who knows,she might be using hair color too.

Just send her the true selfie and let her ask if he wants to.

It is fine if she is upset.People do have different things they are into.
    If this is something she doesn't like so early in marriage,then it is fine too.Why judge? She may be willing to over look other stuff if this is her thing.Most likely,she will notice but say nothing and accept...but be prepared if she is not amused.

Good luck.

8. Blissfulworld

Blissfulworld New IL'ite

I have an update. Finally told her. She just brushed it off as if she didnt care about it. Phew !! I worried unneccesarily.

And thank you all once again.

1 person likes this.