100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Happened to notice something like that with myself. Some thoughts go by just like that, a few get the 'hi' reserved for strangers, only some get more attention. Feels like I've got more of a handle on regret and anxiety - the two enemies of a present mindset. Nice state. Taking a few moments now and then to pause, like when out in the cold checking mail, sunset, sunrise, or after reading a thoughtful piece, seem to do the trick.

2 people like this.
  2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

These words almost always help me subdue those beasts every time they rear their ugly heads.

"Two elements must therefore be rooted out once for all - the fear of future suffering, and the recollection of past suffering; since the latter no longer concerns me, and the former concerns me not yet."
    - Letter 78, Letters from a Stoic, Seneca

It all boils down to mindfulness, living in the now. I like to think of it this way. The decisions that were made in my past, were made by a version of me that no longer exists. I am not that person. I think better, I want to be better. That alone separates me from who I was. Then why punish this me, the present me, for the choices that were made. Had this me existed then, I would have chosen differently. Regret is the most useless emotion. It adds nothing to our lives and steals both the present and the future. Refuse to entertain it like you would an unwelcome guest. Banish it. Kill it with fire. It is far better to live in foolish optimism than wallow in regret.

5 people like this.
  3. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

Day 41 : Started a new assignment.
    Day 42 : Left for home early from work :)..

1 person likes this.
  4. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

Glad to have known a person like you Gauri. 'Regret is indeed the most useless emotion'

1 person likes this.
  5. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Always see the positive qualities in others.Definitely each person will have some good qualities,habits in life.

" The woods are Lovely,Dark & Deep but I have promises to keep & miles to go before I sleep" venlax

1 person likes this.
  6. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Day 1 : Decided I would find time to read at least one book to my DD everyday ( doesn't matter if I am tired or stressed) . Following this for over a week
    Day 2: Rule of the house - Friday nights are kids movie night and no restriction to go to bed early
    Day 3: We made Saturdays are gadget free days. Which means to Face booking, Watsapp, Ipads, calls or messages. I am totally loving this rule and plan to extend it to Sunday starting this weekend
    Day 4: Decided to teach my DD one new word with meaning while driving back home. Going good so far.
    Day 5: Played Racket ball with Hubby after 6yrs. Truly loving it and this will be our thing every week now
    Day 6 : decided I would patiently let my DD do Roti with me. I am surprised I that and we did totally 12 Rotis yumsmiley
    Day 7: Finally told myself - enough of getting inspired with this thread and time to pen down what all I achieved hugsmiley

@Gauri03 Totally loving this thread. I just have one thing I want to achieve and the moment I do that you know it will be on this thread. I am so close but yet not there.

Thanks for such a lovely thread

4 people like this.
  7. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

Day 43: Spoke to a friend after a long time. Felt so refreshed. In an instant all my stress flew out of the window

1 person likes this.
  8. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Day 53: Had one last chore to complete that I remembered just before bedtime. Felt tempted to put it off but I didn't. Got it done before I slept.

Day 54: Little one is a source of constant joy. She used to keep butting into my kettlebell workouts so I bought her a little plastic kettlebell to workout with me. Today she tried to keep up with me, then said, "good job mommy!" Utterly adorable!

2 people like this.
  9. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

Day 26 :
    Had shirdi baba dharshan and blessings in dream. Extremely happy .
    Met 3 of my friends . all of us n kids had fun . had a long walk with Dd. She loves to explore

4 people like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Realized my two favorite pairs of jeans are beginning to feel loose. :)

Happened to get a big bag of white rice that didn't cook well. So ended up eating less of that past few weeks!

2 people like this.