1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bubbles

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knbg, Jan 12, 2016.

1. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Bubbles…
    The mention of the word would bring
    Images of gleeful girls blowing soap bubbles blissfully…or…
    the disturbing bubbles on water surface when someone is drowning...or
    the bubbling ( salangai kodhi) mysorepa ready to be poured out....
    geysers, volcanos....

But, the bubbles I am talking about aren’t those…

These are those, which form in the inner edge of a glass of water which was left untouched for a long while. Science says, the gases that are dissolved in water come out as bubbles and stick to the surface of the glass when sufficient time, right temperature and pressure conditions are there.
    glass-water-7280681.jpg

A glimpse of a glass of water with such bubbles that was left on the table for a while, triggered nostalgia and frame by frame, scenes started to play from the archives of my memory…some very precious, as it involved people who are no more with me now. As a child, have seen and marveled at the uniform bubbles lining the sides of a tumbler while elders were busy with other important things.

A glass of water being left…

At the bedside of an ailing kin…untouched.
    At a side table where animated discussions happen…untouched.
    On dining table where a couple is arguing…untouched.
    Beside someone who’s grieving the loss of a dear one…untouched.

A gesture with hope to bring some comfort and peace.
    A gesture to show some one is cared for or being ignored.

I grabbed the glass and sipped the water, slowly, seeing the bubbles disappear and felt that the bubbles are trying to say something silently…Something in the lines of,

Nothing lasts forever.
    Being quiet helps to prevent flaring up of differences, aids in ironing out differences.
    Time, patience and ‘leaving alone’ brings out the buried pains and eventually the pains would vanish.
    Do you agree?

12 people like this.

Similar Threads
    1. GeetaKashyap
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. periamma
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. Poetlatha
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Bhargavi welcome back to snippets. Was missing you and your thought provoking threads here. You are right, will come back with my feedback later

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hey Bhargs, good to see you writing here again. Beautiful imagery as usual. Bubbles bring to mind bubbles being blown by babies and the accompanying laughter like the peals of a bell or a belly laugh.

Bubbly baby.jpg
    No, I don't think I agree with that. Sometimes the pains get only too deeply buried causing ugly scars and explode quite unexpectedly causing more pain all around.

2 people like this.
  4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hey Bhargs,

quite intense for me :) as I always associated bubbles with fun.I hope you did not relive any sad memories.

Time, patience and ‘leaving alone’ brings out the buried pains and eventually the pains would vanish.

no dear, the pains never vanish. you only learn to accept it and cope with it with as much poise as you can muster.

2 people like this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Bhargavi happy to see you in snippets with a big question..i agree that Time and patience has effect to make us forget our pain.But when we are left alone the buried pains come back with a big bang.Totally Pains dwell in us till our end.

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Bhargavi dear like Satchi, Mindi and Periamma have mentioned pains remain and its difficult to forget though we can forgive the person whoever has given the pain. At present I am experiencing it, how much I try to forget the pain given by someone I am not able to forget. Might be if I was youngwould not have bothered much about that pain , at this age it is difficult , also when young I was busy now at times when I am alone feel the pain more

Sometimes saying sorry is the most difficult thing on earth .But its the cheapest thing to save the most expensive gift called relationship .
    Relation & medicine play the same role in our life
    Both care 4 us in pain
    Only difference is that relationship doesn’t have an
    expiry date & no side effects…..

3 people like this.
  7. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi Mam,

An excellent snippet on bubbles. I always associate bubbles with which my kid play. i love bubbles for tha fact, in a few seconds life, it gives immense pleasure especially to the kids. also it tries to absorb all colours and give a medley of it.
    I completely agree with "Being quiet helps to prevent flaring up of differences, aids in ironing out differences." Yes! Thats a great fact. But the pain just hide as hiding unwanted sheets in an MS Excel. but the size and its impact always vibrates in our heart and pain. even though we wanted to ignore, it never does.
    Remember, the bubble hasnt vanished when you sip the water from glass. it just dissolves with the existing liquid. Our pain remains the same. it may appear to be vanished but it bursts and blasts when our mind is idle or at similar situations.

thank you for such a wonderful snippet

2 people like this.
  8. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Hello KNBG! Welcome back!
    As usual, a thought provoking one, I should admit with a brilliant line conveying what you intended!

Standing there, seeing those small eyes
    Of fishes appear, grow and then vanish,
    I smiled first and let out a sigh,
    Switching the stove off, without a rush.

Those bubbles indeed reflected my
    Small desires, wishes and talents
    That wanted to come out, but now lie
    Deep below, their lives shortened!

You can take me as anyone who is
    Ridiculed, taken just for granted.
    A parent, wife or a kid orphaned,
    Boiling inside, but never ranted.

I know that my end will be
    As swift and unnoticed as them.
    What I did too, soon will be
    Forgotten, but I don't hate them.

1 person likes this.
  9. knbg

Dear Vitamin aunty,
    Thanks a lot for gracing the thread with sweet first FB...:)
    True aunty, but as time rolls, the incident, the bitterness, sourness gets toned down little by little...I have felt, initially while losing my mother, I was just shocked and blank....after few years, the real pain and loss was felt and it ached more...I tried to remember everything and kind of re-lived the tragedy, read that feeling the pain completely and re capping it in a calm state would bring out all the bits and pieces of the buried pain up and once we feel it completely, the burden lessens a lot. It did work for me, made me accept the unchangeable..

1 person likes this.
  10. knbg

Thank you dear SAtchi..:)
    Yes, unexpected explosions happen in many cases too.
    I tried to mention catharsis of buried pains in the course of nature , giving space to someone who is feeling intense emotions, just reassuring that we have their back ..

2 people like this.