Let us pray together.

Discussion in 'Pray for me' started by Shanvy, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear mrinals,

Thanks for joining us here....

I really understand the value of joint prayers, and i believe in it, that is why it was started. yes definitely it is the positive energy. if you know me personally, like my physician, who always wonders, where do i get the energy to carry on after all my health problems...

I understand what you are talking about.. it is a healing box, and has been used when i was in muscat by my friends..and it does wonders..and the idea is good. I don't think most of the ilites will have the patience to do that. That is why even as they read a request, if they pray for a second, that will add to the ocean of prayers and reach him.

The positive waves also reach the sender through some way as you say, and I can only say from my experiences..

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Subha,

Did i miss something here. what songs are you looking. can you tell me, let me check if i have, i will definitely upload it for you.

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Subha,
    Wish you good luck for your delivery.Let Garbharakshambigai and thayumanavar swami bless you in abundance for a safe delivery.Will pray for you.

Waiting for the good news from you soon.

4. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi shanvy ma'm

Actually I was looking for the slokas by Sri Tatwamasi Dixit for Expectant mother. It has some 9 parts and I downloaded all except the 5th part. But now am unable to download the 5th part...I dont remember the website or the forum from where I downloaded those slokas. Sriniketan ma'm helped me with the website but am unable to download the slokas from that website.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  5. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much Aishu.... Bow

6. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

Thank you so much for your prayers.....I delivered a baby girl on 14th July @ 5.45pm. & was a normal delivery.

7. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Congratulations on your baby girl.

May God be with you and have the best of times with the bundle of joy.

Take Care
    Poornima.

8. arlette

arlette New IL'ite

Yes, Dears, prayers do work wonders and when we are down in life for one reason or the other, we got to cling to prayers.
    Prayers for all those who need them........
    Arlette

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Subha,
    Congrats....enjoy and take care....BTW what is the name for that little bundle of joy?

sriniketan

10. sshantha

sshantha New IL'ite

I was reading this thread today, thought of sharing some of my views.
    Praying is you talking to God, & Meditation is God talking to you. So when you pray, youcan ask what ever you want, you can convey all your complaints or good things that are happening to you. Anything you do with faith and devotion will have its outcome. But as per the vedas, it is said that you pray and do your duty and leave the rest to God, he will take care of you. When you pray for others wellbeing, it has the highest value. Also I read that
    We always chant god’s name and praise him in our prayers. As per the shastra chanting lord’s name continuously has the highest value in worship. There are many ways of worship.
    If you are following a ritual worship—then one has to follow the rules- such as waking up early, taking bath and observing a fast and going to temple, performing Pooja to get the blessing of the ritualistic worship.
    but for those performing mental worship (upasanakand) that is chanting, one doesn’t have to follow all the rules of ritualistic worship and yet get the same benefit, which is lasting.
    Any name of God will shower Grace, if repeated with sincerity and devotion. This is not restricted to one religion or to one name of God. We can choose any name which stirs joy and love within us. It can be that of Lord Ganesha, Lord Krishna or even Lord Shiva.

When a baby cries for its mother, she does not insist on the correct pronunciation of her name; she immediately goes to the aid the baby in distress. Thus, when we repeat the name of God, we should say it with devotion and longing. The Lord sees the heart of the devotee and gauges the love and sincerity of the call.

May God Bless you all.
    Shantha