1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where did I go wrong?

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rith, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Priya. Hope you like this story.

1 person likes this.
  2. LakshRam

LakshRam New IL'ite

3. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Part 2
    I slept nicely till my alarm tickled and rang near my left hand. I woke up immediately as I don’t want to be late on my first day to client site. Within half an hour I got ready and spoke to my parents. They blessed me & wished me best of luck. I noticed Rithanya was still clinging to bed.
    I started exploring the kitchen for the first time after I occupied this house. It was a typical spinster kitchen. Lot of packets left opened, gas stove was completely coated with spill overs and kitchen was like a war space. I managed to find milk in fridge and heated in the oven. I decided myself that my first activity after I come back from office is to clean the kitchen.
    I went to the balcony to admire the beauty of Sydney with the cup of milk. The cars were parked neat and row apartments were beautifully built. Each apartment has not more than 2 floors. The green trees added more beauty to the streets. The sun was shining bright as if smiling at me. I smiled back to the sun and said cheers with my cup. ‘B’ block was opposite to our block. I sensed I have been watched by someone. Since all balconies are covered with curtains I couldn’t deep dive inside the glass doors & curtains of each balcony. Then I remembered Soumit. I forgot to check with Rithanya in which floor he resides.
    Rithanya came to balcony with her night dress and sleepy eyes. “Good morning Nidhi! Oh! You got ready so soon”
    Me: Yes Rithu. I don’t want to be late on my first day. Chalo go brush your teeth. I will prepare coffee for you
    Rithu: that’s so sweet Nidhi! Thank you.
    Rithu hugged me and went to get ready. I started admiring the balcony view for some more time and came in to prepare coffee for Rithanya.
    Within half an hour she got ready. I asked her how we commute to office. She told if we walk it is 20 minutes. If she is late Soumit use to pick her up. I felt happy that office is in walkable distance from here. I love walking. After having coffee, we both started walking towards office.
    We spoke in more detail about ourselves. We wonder our bandwidth is same and we share same likes & dislikes. 20 minutes’ walk gave more energy to us. My new office with 30 floors looked gigantically. I viewed my office building as a village boy viewing the helicopter for first time.
    I liked my new office. The entrance had a beautiful garden with variety of flowers. I took a snap of the garden and few selfies with Rithanya. We enjoyed those childish moments. My heart was dancing for a peppy song. Pleasant nature gave me immense pleasure and produced positive rhythms throughout my body
    After reaching office, I completed the basic formalities and occupied my cabin in noon. Introduction to the clients & team mates, network set up ate the first half of the day.
    I didn’t feel time is running so fast. I and Rithanya occupied a table with veg salad and burger in the cafetartia. Soumit joined us for lunch with chicken pizza. We chit chat while having lunch. I just rotated my eyes observing the people in cafeteria. Suddenly my eyes got fixed on a strange scene in the corner table. My client manager Emily Cooper was pinching an Indian guy’s cheeks. It reminded my maternal uncle who use to pinch my chubby cheeks when I was too small. It made me smile.
    Seeing me smiling on my own, Rithanya and Soumit turned to see what made me smile like that and noticed that Indian guy. Soumit told “Huh! Kavin has started impressing Emily again. Let him come to room. I will pull his legs like anything today”
    I looked at that guy. He is super smart. Any girl would fall for him. Fair complexion, sharp eyes with cute matching specs. I am not sure that specs are for style or power glass. But it gave him more handsome look. Returning to the reality, I suddenly turned my face back to my friends. Thank god they didn’t notice that I am admiring him. We changed the topic and chat for few more minutes. We then dispersed and back to our respective seats.
    Once I set up my laptop to client network I noticed time is 5:00 PM. We shall start by 5:30 Pm. I was just browsing at the outlook contact list to get the names of the people. I noticed Kavin Gowtham’s name and his phone number. Why am I showing interest towards this guy?
    I smiled and gave a mild hit to myself not to think anything unnecessarily. I realized the morning energy level still didn’t go down. I pinged Rithanya to ask whether we shall leave.
    We started from office and went to nearby market to buy necessary things for cooking. We reached home. Rithanya promised to help me in cleaning the kitchen. We turned on the music and cleaned by dancing to the tune. We decided to go for bread and jam for dinner as we were so tired after cleaning.
    My heart was playing inky pinky ponkey to decide whether to ask Rithanya about Kavin or not
    Oh my God! NOshakehead!! Why should I ask? Baab ray, have I fallen for that guy? I started feeling keech keech at my stomach.

To be continued…

4 people like this.
  4. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

:thankyou2: @lakshram. Enjoy the next episode

5. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

hmm kk. how did u get that thought that to start it from flight.

n ya u r right all the girls r princess and boy's r prince to their parents

6. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Just like that Vani. Was it good or not?
    your feedbacks are the one to tune my further episodes and stories. so feel free to share your thoughts

7. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

oh my god kitchen cleaning is horrable if it is like that. ho.

how did u get the though cleaning the house n simultaniously about that felloow.

ho its nice yar good i liked it.

countinue ma

8. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Awesome Episode @Rith :)

9. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Vani. my heroine is smart in that

10. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @meerasrini. Glad to know you like the story

1 person likes this.