1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Do You ever regret getting married to a H1B holder?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by Parul27, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Parul27

Parul27 New IL'ite

Hi,
    This question arised in my mind when few friends of mine here in USA told me that some time they feel that they shouldn't get married to a H1B visa holder. I don't know they are right or wrong. Is it true...tell me your experiences.

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Yes, I do. Now after 5 yrs of being on H4 and later EAD,I feel I lost out on being motivated to get a job from start.Now although I want to get a job asap, I feel like 5 yrs of stagnation after finishing my degree.

3. Rajul

Rajul New IL'ite

No I don't
    Because I know I will get the job when I will get the EAD.
    But being as H4 the quality time I have been spending with my family I could never get as working . I 'm very happy at least I have no tension of work because I know as a H4 I can't work so freely sharing valuable time with family and enjoying everything without any pressure.

4. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi all,

no i don't.

i still enjoy my time with the family.going to a job and earning is not the only way to eangage yourself. there r others stuff too depending on each ones taste in which u can enjoy.... right now am doing that. so enjoy the time what ever u have now.

5. vs.jyotsna

vs.jyotsna New IL'ite

No. I did not regret. I had very good time with family and friends, while on H4.

6. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

hey come on yaar..the way you asked the question was quite indirectly pointing and asking as if ,,do you regret marrying your husband../spouse....come on....or are you asking do you regret marrying a H1B holder rather than a Masters graduate..?? :) just wanted to know..and I am kidding too so dont take it seriously...:)

anyways I dont regret marrying my husband....(whether he is H1B or not....)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  7. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

dear Parul,

Please don't mix the 2 ! We hate the H4 system, not the marriage !
    We need a good partner for life ! Whichever part of the world doesn't matter as long as you are at mental peace with your relationships.And not to mention, not everyone working is having a great time.

cheer up!

Ranganayaki

8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

absurd question. As if people around u forced you to get married to this man, who works mon-friday and takes care of you and this family.

Wake up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. asharvi67

asharvi67 New IL'ite

I whole heartedly agree with Ranganayaki..!Bow

She has exactly mentiond what i wanted to share...
    Why should we confuse our H4 status and the lovely marital life.

Even I had to quit my job before coming here... but I never regret coz I have got the best person in my life:)

Not all working women are happy... The grass always seems greener on the other side.....

We have plenty of time to enhance our knowledge, spend time with our loved ones and take special care in each and every work that we do... may it be cooking or cleaning...

I have seen people who feel bad coz though they are well educated and experienced, they are not able to work to increase the famliy income... ... but it is the bitter truth that H4 does not allow us to work...!

Cheers,
    Ashwini

10. radha04

radha04 New IL'ite

The answer is No. I left everything for him. All of us knew that we would be in a dependent visa when we got married. it's not something new.

But ofcourse i do get fustrated at the reality of not working.But it's got nothing to do with my husband.