1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happy New year!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

[justify]I look out the window, yes you know I am always doing that! I make a note that I need to change the curtains. I do change you know, the curtains to suit the season. The curtains should be red right now but are still green and then I notice the plant outside the curtain. The plant should be in hibernation getting ready to bloom in another 3 months but it seems to be on a fast track in full bloom. I know it is confused. Who wouldn't be with the weather we have had? The warmer temperatures, the incessant rain and add to that my green curtains that the plant sees when it peeks in - no wonder it thinks it is already spring! But it is not going to do any good to the plant. Every thing has a reason and a season. We all know that. Anyways, I did my job of changing my curtains and so did the universe though a tad bit late (well both of us actually) with its flurries. Now I worry about the plant and only hope it comes out well and happy in spring!

I log on to Facebook and I have a friend bemoaning that he has just about learnt to write 2015 in all his correspondence and it is already 2016. Thank fully another friend pops in and teaches how easy it is to change the 5 to a 6. I smile. Nevertheless, I agree with my friend. Everything seems to be happening at a faster pace. Ask that plant outside my window about it. Or perhaps it is just telling us, people pause smell the roses. Look I am blooming when I am not supposed to. Pause! I pause and feel may be it is not me, it is the technology. You know honestly even if only rarely, I still pause and look around every now and then but what about technology? Just the other day I was reading an article about the gadgets, the fastest growing for 2016 and it mentioned drones and here I am sitting and thinking drones? What drones? What do they do? Am I that medieval? Hey! I do after all know a thing or two about wireless technology, the chargers and the earphones you know. Oh well!

My phone hasn't stopped buzzing, sending me reminders of birthdays of my friends. Incredible how many of them are born on Jan 1st! I am all smiles because for once I know that I may not be as quick as technology but I am right. Little does my phone know the real birth dates of 'my' friends. I swipe away the information literally and figuratively in my mind and shift the conversation to kids with my friends. As the kids play late into night, us parents wonder about the time and where it seems to be going so fast. But then even as the babies are growing up to be fine young men and women, with us incessantly wondering about them growing up, yet assuming we are remaining the same, I know a day will be here when the babies will have babies and we realize we are after all old now (finally!) but then wonder even then "Where did the time go?" Beautiful if you ask my opinion.

They say that everything is good or bad only in retrospect. Don't get me wrong we go through the motions and the emotions and we must but it is almost always later that we get a clearer perspective. Perhaps that is the reason we pause at the end of the year as we step in to a New year - make a quick reflection, then make an even quicker resolution and move on! And as we go through the process, like the air hostess mentioned to us on the plane, if we see something that we are not comfortable with or are not happy about, don't hesitate to reach out to the higher authorities. What a wonderful message it was, put in a different context. There are things that happen our way and make us feel joyful and then there are things well you know. But then it is good to know that there is a place where we can petition whether we believe or not and that alone can give us the confidence to move ahead. So move on ahead is all I can say as we usher in the New Year. Happy New year to each and everyone of you![/justify]

11 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Happy New Year to you and your family Sabita dear, thought provoking post as always. Will come back later

2 people like this.
  3. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

hai rama
    how are you its been a while since I logged in .correctly put got caught in things I enjoyed and cried over as well.the last few days was something I could wish away but alas the truth is need to face reality and life goes on as time keeps ticking .both of us have put our thought on time today .a very happy new year to you my dear I did miss logging in and enjoying the comradrie of all Ilites I am back !! though a little older little shaken wish a little wiser !!

2 people like this.
  4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabs,

Yes there is a reason for everything to happen, and i agree with u, that when we look in hindsight, we see the reason was for our own good, even if we did not like it then.

Time does go, babies do grown, the old die, the babies born, that is the way of life.

So for the temprory time we are here, let us make the most of it, have a happy life, and spread happiness all around, that is within us, Sabs.

Agree ?

Have a great new year Sabs, my daughter's first NY eve there, and she called to say she is fine and enjoying.what more can a parent ask for eh !

Take care.

Regards

kamal

4 people like this.
  5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabitha,
    Yes, we do some introspection at the end of every year which is the beginning of a New Year also. Some gains, some losses, some mistakes we did and some which others did for us...it is all a Kaliedioscope. We make resolutions to do some things and some not to do and on and on. But do we really stick to our resolutions? Not always. Yes, years go on passing like this, children grow, parents go away from this world and lose some near and dear ones and dream a lot about our children's well being, their aspirations etc. Life goes on like this. We do hesitate many times to ask for help and sometimes pay for not asking in time. Life is strange. Isn't it?
    Hope the New Year would be better than the previous one......this hope keeps us alive and try to do something. That is a positive view and quite sometimes we are successful. We are on cloud nine then. If not gather strength again. I tell my kids to study well, encourage them and I always tell them effort is more important than the result and in heart of heart I believe effort always pays.
    Enough of my rambling.
    I wish you and your family a happY 2016.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty,

Thank you for your wishes. Hope you had a wonderful start to the New year. Happy New Year.

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Gita,

It is so nice to see you and right on time too. Looks like you had some excitement just before the end of the year. Hope all is well. Thank you for your response.

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Completely agree with you Kamalji....have a happy life and spread happiness around. Nice to know that your daughter is all settled here. Wonderful.

I have no doubt you had a wonderful start to the New years. Happy New year.

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

No rambling at all Syamala! Quite introspective indeed. Amazing how years go by and we wonder about it all. Yesterday in the party my DH was asking everyone to speak about the one positive thing that happened and surprisingly most people had to think about it. Negatives, I am sure everyone had on top of their minds and acknowledged as much. But like you say, life must go on.

Hope you had a wonderful start to the New years.

1 person likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sabitha,

I wish you and family a wonderful new year as well. Isn't it so different this year when we feel the outside weather? The other day, my colleague called me from New Jersey and told that she was enjoying 70 degrees in December. Sounds weird and different. I hope the human beings are not confusing the plants, insects and animals with our carelessness on climate changes that are man made.

Everyone gets older? I thought there is only one gender that gets older. :rotfl My feelings on time changed from time to time. Sometimes, I felt when could I see my son settle down on his own with his family and other times, I missed his time as a child. The emotions apart, the life is futile and it is the emotions that even helps us to go to the higher authority with a believe that someone is there to listen.

You are doing a great job by changing the color of your curtains by telling the dear plants that someone is out there to help them recognize the season.

Viswa

4 people like this.