1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The older I get,themore I realize that thethings that costnothing,hold the most value

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by iyerviji, Dec 15, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I dont know whether the tittle suits this thread. I feel we should get married at the right age then only the children will be born at the right time if we are lucky and by the time we are fifty or fifty five we can become grandparents. Then we will be able to enjoy with our grandchildren, make them happy by being with them , play with them, teach them good things and make their future bright

I got married only at the 30th year , my elder daughter was born only after 3 years, ie when I was 33 yrs and within 3 and half years 3 children were born. As I was a working woman it was difficult bringing them up but I gave them all the love I can, taught them, helped them in their studies , even I used to go late to office during their exams. But if I had got married at the age of 25 yrs I would have had more strength in bringing them up. Everything went off well but when my elder daughter was going to Xth std, the day the school opened I had hip bone fracture, because of which I did not have much energy. But with God's grace I became ok though I had to struggle a lot.

I was feeling sad that even my daughters could not conceive though they got married in time. But glad they adopted a daughter but by the time they adopted I was 65 years old, if I did not have had hip bone fracture I would have been more healthy. I somehow managed to look after my grand daughter till she was eight months old as she was waiting for her passport. I felt if I was a little more younger I would have managed very well . Till the children are 3 years old they make you run after them and we need energy to run which I felt I did not have being old and also because of the fracture.

My brother's wife got married before she was 20 yrs and at the age of 57 yrs she is grandmother of 4 grand children. She is expert in everything, cooking, embroidery, telling the stories to the children, having lot of patience to bring them up. She brought up her two daughters well and also the grandchildren and they are very much attached to her. But now recently she is having health problems but still she was managing and two months back she had fracture in her leg and still it is swollen and she is having frozen shoulder too because of this she is not able to walk properly and also shoulder pain is there. She was so active, cooking whatever the grandchildren like and now she feels helpless. Her grandson is completing 1 year in few days. She was saying I wont be able to do much work on that day during the ceremony. I told her it is dhrishti .

While we try to teach our children all about Life… Our Children teach us what Life is all about….. On this occasion.. give your precious one’s the priceless gift of Time…

4 people like this.

2. Phalguni

Phalguni Bronze IL'ite

Re: The older I get,themore I realize that thethings that costnothing,hold the most v

"we should get married at the right age then only the children will be born at the right time if we are lucky and by the time we are fifty or fifty five we can become grandparents. Then we will be able to enjoy with our grandchildren, make them happy by being with them , play with them, teach them good things ...."
    My views exactly

1 person likes this.
  3. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

Re: The older I get,themore I realize that thethings that costnothing,hold the most v

sorry maam but i do not agree completely to what u said.
    now a days women wnat to be independent and work equally like boys. hence it gets late to get married. also now a days when i see all my friends who married late are more emotionally and economically strong to handle ILs properly and carefully.
    have seen my mom and all who got married early and how much they regret now that they feel there wre born only to look after family. they never enjoyed life and given everything to their ILs. now my mom and all her friend circle enjoy have kitty parites and try to cover up the missed stuff in their life.

3 people like this.
  4. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

dont agree.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad toknow @Phalguni dear its your view too, thanks for the first feedback

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I know @twinklingstar true that now a days want to be independent and work equally like boys. Now a days women want the best education, a hi fi job and many dont want to get married also , one of my relative's daughter who is a CA has come to the top in her carrier but not married . She is 43 years old and now she does not want to get married . It all depends on each one's like

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I know many women of present age wont agree, I only wrote my wish

8. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

I guess it differs from individual to individual.

I read an article which mentioned how younger kids of older parents were always scared of loosing their ageing parents . On the contrary, I have also read articles where ladies marrying late and having kids after 30 stay young than their counterparts and are also matured in handling their martial life and are better at parenting. :)

Personally, I feel it is ideal to get married between 26-28 and have the first child before 30.

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to my thread and true dear each one have their own views. Thanks for sharing your views dear

1 person likes this.
  10. Phalguni

Phalguni Bronze IL'ite

op's views reflect the grand parents perspective....It is understandable that the younger generation view the entire thing differently.

1 person likes this.