1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Would you have the guts to do this to your child?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by anika987, Jul 2, 2015.

1. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

I am a KV product and I still feel proud saying that. Me and my siblings, we all went to convent school till 8th and beyond that studied in KV. In my city most of the entrants to IIT go from KVs (ofcourse they take external coaching for that). I am not sure how state syllabus running govt schools are but any day I would vouch for KVs/CBSC govt schools for high school and secondary education.
    When kids are small and need to learn discipline and manners govt school may be bad idea, but once they get the flow KV are far better than any private school. In fact one needs to get through very competitive entrance test to even secure a seat there.

1 person likes this.
  2. Lakshmipav

Lakshmipav Silver IL'ite

I studied in almost a govt school .. Learned abcd at 4 th standard .. Need to work hard when took medium of English at 10+ .. But still studied well compared to my relatives who went to convents ( used to feel sad when I see they used to talk English fluent ) .. Got job in it sector worked hard came to USA .. But this is due to the fact that my parents can't afford to send me to convent school at that time ..

now i can afford then why I need to send my baby to govt school to please society n get likes n comments on fb .. I wil never do it no matter what ..

as a child I started my life from ground ; (step 0 reached step 10 ) but as a parent I want my child start from where we end( step 10) ..

2 people like this.
  3. Lakshmipav

Lakshmipav Silver IL'ite

If u see political leaders n celebrities rich people are they sending their kids to govt schools .. They have money to live for generations without working n sitting at home but still they study in reputed schools ( they won't do any thing with what they study I mean no job)..for them education is knowledge but for us education is servival ..

as a middle class people our lives r depend just on jobs .. Again job is dependent on ur education .. Then why risking our children lives ..?

1 person likes this.
  4. mimmyme

mimmyme Gold IL'ite

Govt school are not bad....But parents prefer to give their child more facilities and comfy environment...I think this is what many of us are thinking when we select the school for our kids.
    I am no different...would never join my child in govt school.

anika987 likes this.