Very odd question about maid during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by imhappy, Dec 11, 2015.

1. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

Hi all!

Feeling really very silly to even write this. I am ttc concieve. Many people have advised me to appoint maid. I am doing all housework on my own. Is it really that hard to do housework during pregnancy? I know I will need maid for post partum, but that's really far as we are just ttc.

My mother managed housework till 7 month and then was at nani's house for delivery and post care. But mom still did many things before my birth.

I am concerned in this advance as I am not good with managing maid. I just don't have that skill. What to do? Any suggestions?

If this post is very silly, please moderators delete this immediately.

2. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

the initial 3 months are to be handle deliberately... its not the same now as it was with ur mom, things have changed and u would be aware of today's generation facing too many hurdles in conception. u may not require now but once u see a 2 line in hpt prefer it atleast for the first 5 months..

3. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

You can live completely normally during the pregnancy. You may be tired/having nausea during the first trimester and during the last weeks you will be a clumsy elephant :D. You may need to do things in a slower pace, take rest in between and avoid really heavy stuff like carrying heavy items. In some cases there may be some medical issues and then the situation is different. In most of the cases pregnancy is not an issue, life as usual.

3 people like this.
  4. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

Op,
    Its not necessary to appoint a maid if you dont want to. I managed household work like cooking ,cleaning etc all by myself until 3 weeks before my delivery. The first trimester can be challenging because of nausea and morning sickness.But if your husband is willing to help out a bit, you can manage.

1 person likes this.
  5. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much @sugugiri2010, @CrayoNess, and @teejay for prompt replies. crayonness and teejay that's what I was thinking. Taking slowly will help me. Here my mind is so much roaming around maid things as everyone thinks that we are not capable enough to have maid to do household chores. But I find happiness in doing this work.

Yes some of them are positively concerned about my health for future possible pregnancy, but I don't want to get afraid and have some maid and increase my bloodpressure on day to day basis.

1 person likes this.
  6. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

It is actually good to stay physically active during the pregnancy and after the delivery but of course also reserve time for rest. I also noticed an urge to redecorate and do projects in my home, kind of building the nest for the newcomer :). Have a funny pic of myself from the night my second daughter was born, I started to clean the walls with a sponge in the middle of the night and my DH thought I am crazy. One hour later we were on our way to the hospital laugh1smiley

4 people like this.
  7. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

@CrayoNess, wow I didn't knew about that, talk about first timer! ;-) I am OK if my walls are not that clean now but can't tell when I get that kind of clean thoughts in my mind. I am cranky when AF is due.

Jokes apart you are one strong woman @CrayoNess. I really appreciate you foreign women in general, as you are quite calm on outside, inside you all are strong in general.

Also my grandma says not to be so caring about yourself. I can understand her anger towards younger generation who thinks only bed rest is option in normal pregnancies. Grandma had five deliveries at home, one of them were twins so I should trust her in this regard.

1 person likes this.
  8. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

It depends on whether you have a complicated pregnancy.

I cooked and cleaned until the day of delivery.
    I was also luckily well enough to go on walks, do yoga, squats, etc (which were all okayed by my OBGYN)

I was back to cooking a week after delivery.

But I have a few friends who were advised to take bed rest by their ob-gyn due to complicated pregnancies, so they did not have the choice of being physically active.

imhappy likes this.
  9. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Is this true? for normal pregnancies? Never heard of it.

imhappy likes this.
  10. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

@deepslikes I didn't mean to hurt anyone. Why be so picky? Around me I have seen women who get too much care which becomes obstacle(can't think of any word). I have seen perfectly healthy woman at bed rest in pregnancy so yes its true. But it was not generally generalised statement.

Also I have seen families to appoint a maid dedicated for babies even after their toddler age and also mother's are sahm. So you can imagine these families to make their daughters or daughter in law have full rest during pregnancy.

And I really don't want to make this a debate. I asked this question only for my confusion, I was amazed as many people directly and indirectly suggested me to have maid as I will "need" them in "future".