1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is baby a solution for broken marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by frustratedwife, Nov 24, 2015.

1. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

i personally dont think that it is the solution. as many members said that it iwll be unfair for hte child to get born in this strained situation. be fair with him and first try to get ur issues sorted out. as u said u were apart for long time which seems root cause for so much differences,
    can try councelling or give try u need to do lot of homework for that in order to see how can u gain the lost love and trust.
    if u reallly have hopes and want to keep this relation u need to be patience and learn to attract his love and affection . do all activities which he wants and make food or do outing whatever which will help u to get close. also i would suggest that work on ur inlaws part also. if they are really not unreasonable and fair enough u can try to get their attension too.
    i have just given all the posiblities. u have to see where and which one suits you. all the best dear..dont forget world runs on hope so never lose ur hope..

2. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

What are the problems you have? Can you please spell them out? (sorry if you have mentioned ...will read full thread) ..

We can give some feedback depending on the intensity of what you are facing...

3. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

Out of 4 years marriage, you were away for 2 years. It is only natural that he is dependent emotionally on his parents still. You can't detach anyone from their parents (includes you also). You can't all of a sudden come after a 2 year separation and expect your DH to get attached to you. I don't think a baby will help in your case. What is your DHs take on starting a family ?

I guess you have to accept the reality and work on getting his love and confidence and then plan to start a family . Remember out of sight is out of mind.
    Wish you good luck !

4. AshMenon

AshMenon Gold IL'ite

A big NO. notdonesmiley

It is completely UNFAIR. You should first try to mend the relationship that has gone for a toss. From what I read, it will take some time for things to change. Doesn't mean never. You have been away for 2 years and you expect things to be normal in 3 months?
    Take your time, get things straightened out, rekindle/build your relationship with your husband and THEN bring the baby into the picture.

2 years is indeed a long time. Work on your marriage first. If still things don't go as hoped, and is not mendable, leave.

It is not advisable and it is purely mean to bring a baby into such a situation without any fault of his/her. You want the baby to have love of both mother and father.