1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Music CDs / DVDs for baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Nila, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Nila

Nila New IL'ite

Hi,

I want to know in which online store I can buy good music cds/dvds for my 8 months old? I am looking for starter rhymes in the form of songs (like Are you sleeping, johny johny yes papa, baa baa black sheep, twinkle twinkle, etc.). Also songs like "old mc donald, when you are happy and you know it, etc.".

I searched for some cds / dvds in babycentre.com but the prices seem to be way too high.

What is this baby einstein, beethoven collections? Are they good songs for a 8months to 1 year old kid?

Nila

2. nirupama

nirupama New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am also looking for inputs from experienced moms here. I have some friends in the US and I can ask them to buy for my baby girl.

Niru.

3. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Hi Nirupama and Nila,

I used to play the Toddler favorites rhymes CD for my daughter from when she was around 8 months old and she absolutely loves listening to all those rhymes even now. Infact now she can reach the CD player herself and swtiches the player ON everday morning and evening and she has learnt around 4 tunes from those CD's...she keeps humming those tunes. I strongly suggest you guys try playing that CD. Its a set of 4 CD's with all the rhymes. I bought it at a local FYE music store in the mall closeby for around $9 and its well worth it.
    Its also available in Amazon Amazon.com: 101 Toddler Favorites: Music: Various Artists

Also try the Baby Einstein DVD's. You can rent them from the local library and see if your kid likes them before buying them. Initially my daughter never liked those DVD's but around 16 months she started to watch those DVD's and now everyday I play one DVD for her for 30mins and she is all excited to watch them. Its so much fun to see her enjoying those DVD's:) ..she will be screaming and shouting whenever she sees a ball, baloon, dog or some similar object.

Sihi

4. palak

palak New IL'ite

Hi Nila, Nirupama,

It's a good idea to introduce your child to music at this stage as experts say it helps in brain development also. I used to sing rhymes and songs to my toddler while giving a massage before bath and both of us really enjoyed that. The key is to speak clearly and a bit slowly so they can catch the words and rhythm. When I used to put the music cd, my toddler could watch the flow of rhythm on the system in the flourescent blue graphs that move to the beat of music and that was very interesting.

Baby einstein is a collection of cd's, dvd's and books by Walt Disney co. for toddlers starting 9 months of age that introduce them to music, arts etc. They are beautifully done and you may want to buy one or two for your toddler. I picked up baby Bach when my child was about one and a half and it was enjoyable. But then they also get bored and need to move on to new experiences.

Happy listening,

Palak

5. anushkrishna

anushkrishna New IL'ite

[haiii everybody
    from my point of view mommy and me play group cds are good.my daughter enjoys all the songs.in the same way bayney cds r also too good,it teaches basic manners to the children.we can buy these cds from amazon .com

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007