1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shrugging off the hug

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Nov 23, 2015.

1. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@balajee,
    That was a laugh riot and a lot of it very true. I laughed aloud on reading your post Inspite of severe toothache. On having my wisdom tooth removed yesterday. Thanks:)

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji hugging can be quite dangerous when wives are around. They can't brook potential rivals, male or female.

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

True Satchi, the poor guy got into an almost sticky situation. But the incident also revealed the shallowness of the media. Yesterday Arnab Goswami wasted one hour of Times Now and sorely tested the viewer's patience by debating whether Arvind should have been hugged by laloo or not. Getting hugged said the wise man showed Arvind's hypocrisy. Well folks for unintended humor and tonnes of headache, do not miss News Tonight.

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Scorpio, after that hug blocks the senses the devotees are ready to swallow any drivel coming from Mata A's mouth. The hug is a great strategy to keep the flock together.

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

In this case the hug was really dangerous because Laloo carries the contagion of corruption.

1 person likes this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa in Chennai, a man and woman hugging in public will ensure that the police comes calling. They are very good at playing moral police and catching huggers and kissers instead of criminals. As for political leader facing consequences because of hugging, well, yesterday's Newshour on Times Now demonstrated how hugging is not that simple at all by debating the Laloo-Arvind hug for over an hour. Have these guys run out of issues or something.

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Joylokhi I suspect you have a bad dentist. Nowadays dental surgical technology has advanced so much that the patients feel only a mild discomfort but no pain.Glad you recognized that log of this thread is very true. That shows you still retain your wisdom despite having lost your wisdom tooth.(Why do they call it wisdom tooth? I know a lot of toothless people who are quite wise.)

1 person likes this.
  8. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Balajee,

It was fun reading "Shrugging off the hug". A lovely snippet!

After living in north for a long time, my DH forgot that in Tamil Nadu normally people don't hug on meeting whatever be the relationships or occasion. In a way I appreciate our culture. On a couple of occasions when he instinctively moved to hug, the other person (male or female) looked at him with such an embarrassed expression that he got surprised. He became very cautious thereafter. We ended up arguing whether hugging (whatever be the intention) is good or bad. I think in south hugging is rightly reserved only for the closest of closest relationships.

As I see in Western countries males do not hug and among close friends not hugging a female on meeting is rude. And in Middle East, it is necessary among males to hug to show the brotherhood. In north the 'Bharaathis' are received with garlands and hugs!

Hugging, in my opinion, is a beautiful way of showing respect, affection, friendship, sympathy and support. It reassures a child, brings people closer as long as politics is not involved in hugging!

And I am sure, Kejri will surely survive the Lalloo's bear hug!

9. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Hilarious... Some godmen/woman propose hugging as a healing of the soul ???!!

The reason why Silk Smitha committed suicide is the ultimate ha ha ha ...

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Suryakala let us hope Kejriwal survives thee Laloo hug. As for the hug shy sou8th Indians, I don't know what would they do if they meet Russians. Russians to greet someone regardless of the gender, not only hug them but plant kisses as well!!