End of TTC?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by amicably, Oct 26, 2015.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You should also take Coq10 yourself. It is supposed to help egg quality improve. And get the actual numbers for your thyroid results. At lot of doctors will tell you it's normal even if it is 4-5. You need it be under 2.5, ideally at 1.0 during IVF.
    Is using a gestational carrier an option?

2. aniya

aniya Senior IL'ite

Pls do not stop trying, there is nothing specifically wrong here so you will surely conceive. This is not the end.
    Pls keep checking thyroid levels like every 3 months. Also is the doc doing ivf always trying to reach the embryos to blast stage, 3 day transfers also can be successful. Genetic testing is allowed in India for checking if the embryos are normal.
    Maybe a silly question but have you tried iui? Also in all this, pls continue to try naturally as well as stimulation from ivf always has effect even in the coming months.
    Have you had a diagnostic laproscopy done earlier? This is helpful in finding the issue if any and treating it then and there.
    Stay strong stay positive.

3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

I cannot imagine what you have gone through.However please dont lose hope.Be positive and try and look out for options like surrogate or donor egg.You are in my prayers and i do wish you all the happiness in the world.

4. KomalaValii

KomalaValii New IL'ite

HI Amicably,

Sorry for 8 IVF's dear.Why cant u try ponnan poosari fertility treatment in kerala..They got success who has failed IVF's.Follow the thread.
    Any one using aayurvedam for infertility treatment.

5. amicably

amicably Bronze IL'ite

Thanks @MalStrom, @aniya, @KomalaValii.

Diagnostic laparoscopy is not done. HSG came out normal, so I guess it isnt required?
    Only once the doctor has tried to do a blastocyst transfer but failed. The first one we opted to go for blastocyst as we had good quality 5 embryos at that time. Rest all due to less no. of embies, it was always a day3 transfer.

Doctors directly suggested us IVF because they say IUI won't be of much help due to low count and motility of DH.

Kerala will be too far for me, we do not even have anyone staying there. After first 5 tries, we opted for a doctor in our city to avoid frequent long distance travels as that too adds to stress and fatigue.

I am very sorry for the negative previous post I did yesterday. I can understand many ppl are going through the struggle I have been experiencing and it might be quite demotivating. Feeling a lot better today.. may be the hormones are tired playing now and wants to settle down :)

do you think I should talk about laparoscopy to doctor?

6. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

I thought of sharing this blog with you. Very inspiring real life example

http://myselfishgenes.blogspot.in/

She conceived after 9 IVF and lost a twin pregnancy in between.

So don't giveup.

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Amicably,
    I had Day 3 transfer for the last one. I saw in that hospital they go for day3 transfer mostly... Don't know why..

Give some break for the hormones to settle. Then ask the questions to your doc too.
    Take care.

8. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Dear op!
    I'd suggest,& its only from my side-Treatmnet for infertility is not a one size fits it all-its adapted to your body,environment,genes etc...so what one gets result another may not get or viceversa so please although others may suggest treatments follow your dr advice since if you have doubt little also it may not work-faith is the key-my own aunt conceived after 14+yrs of marriage at 44 age .She stays in Us & used to come to India every year for IVF for past 6-7yrs,this time they almost gave up & were keen to adopt next yr but fate had something else in store.She conceived with twin & delivered twin sons last week-premies but nothing short of miracle-Both heaby diabetics,she tube block & so many issues-she just kept taking it in her stride,continued her work.Kept herself fit ,dancing etc...& the result was awesome.I only mean that if you want get a second opinion since you have undergone so mnay ivf & the proceed further-Its irritating & also disheartening but keep the faith(vimportant)& hang on in there!!!!

9. aniya

aniya Senior IL'ite

yes pls talk to your doc for diagnostic lap, HSG only tells if your tubes are blocked, other issues can be found out in lap only. Also many people have conceived the month after lap as it in a way clears out everything. I did a lap and was diagnosed with a very narrow cervix, this is just an example of things we can find out after a lap. You can also find out about enodo and other abnormalities which can be treated asap. (check online also) I see no harm in doing a lap, please ask your doctor also what his view is.

10. manjuni

manjuni Junior IL'ite

Being a believer in astrology, we visited Rameswaram temple, garbharakshambigai temples just before my second IVF. Did Acupuncture too. It worked for me. In case if you feel any information around this would help, pls PM me.