Navaratri 2015 Contest - "Themed Golu"

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Yashikushi, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@dnormx01
    Minimum 5 post counts for making a reply with attachment.You have already into it.So Post your Golu Entry here.
    All the best.
    Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  2. riaviswa

riaviswa Silver IL'ite

Hi all ,
    This year apart from the traditonal 5 step golu i have kept a themed golu "numbers and its significance in our religion.
    1.Adishankara's philosophy of advaita one god one religion,one atma,one pranavamantram,vinayagar mudal kadavul 2.day and night,man and woman,mahabharata and ramayana,3.mukkanni,trimurti,mundru mudichu,three eyes in a coconut4.directions,vedas,caste system 5.panchabhootam,panchangam,pancha pandava,pancha kanya,pancha loham 6.arupadai veedu,arusuvai,shanmughar,7,rainbow,saptarishimandalam,saptaswaram,venkateshwara lord of seven hills,8.vastu bhagawan,asthalakshmi,asthavinayagar,astha aiswaryam,9.navarasa,navarathiri,navagraham,navadhanyam,navaratnam 10.ravanan,dasaavatharam,12 rasi,jyothirlingam,alwar 13 pradosham 15 pournami/amavasya 18.chapters in bhagawad gita,puranas steps in sabarimalai 20verses in tiruvampavai 24 asoka chakra,thirtankaras,letters in gayathri mantra 30 verses in tiruppavai,60 shastiabdapurti,63 nayanmar 64 ayakalaigal 108 divya desam,1008 vishnu sahasranamam.
    apart from this villaku alangaram and a village scene is also created.

regards,
    riaviswa

16 people like this.
  3. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

Pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic3.jpg pic4.jpg

This is my little golu. We have a space constraint and a LO so I had to make do with this small one in our store room.

My theme is my LO friendly - Alphabets. Since he is just started to attend nursery and learn alphabets I decided to keep each alphabet with a few words beginning with that alphabet. For example, A for Apple, Arab, Art and Aeroplane; L for Lion, Lorry, Lotus and Lamp; N for Nest and Net; O for Onion and Orange; P for Peacock, Pen, Petal and Pomegranate; X for Xylophone, Xmas; Z for Zebra and so on.

19 people like this.
  4. kbanumathy

kbanumathy New IL'ite

our golu at neelangarai chennai. a grand house full golu with more than 1000 dolls set and created for 20days by my daughter Mrs.Shruthi Ranjani. , in a duplex apartment in 3 bedrooms, 2 halls and a stair. with different themes which you can see in golu pics

5. kbanumathy

kbanumathy New IL'ite

how to send attachments. posting itself is very difficult. pl advise.

6. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Hi all. Welcome to my golu 2015. Mine is a mixed of traditional and latest dolls. I have a wide collection of Lords which occupy the steps and give a hgrand attraction to our golu. I have designed a simple temple setup where I have kept Narasimha, Veeraragavan and Lord Venkatesa in Muthangi seva. People are worshiping there. Down I have displayed some acts from krishna Leela. Elephants marching behind krishna is one more highlight of this year golu. This year we have formed village setup under the name dolakpur, which has temple, pond, school , cricket match , railway station and park. We play a small game with the kids who visit our golu. They have to find the characters who are scattered in the above places.( can u find the Chota Bheem and his friends) . I have designed a farm house with ragi.
    This year Chettiyar attracted every one as he is selling the tradional grinding equipments and other groceries and fruits and vegetables.
    I have added some for photos in my next post.

Attached Files:

15 people like this.
  7. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

hi.we play dolls hunt game with the kids(elders also actively participate). we tell stories of gajendra moksha dasavathar cap seller hare and tortoise and ask them to find dolls related to that. it is fun filled as well as knowledge based. After the hunt they were rewarded with small gifts.
    Every day sundal is distributed to all visitors after neivedham. It is healthy as well as nutritious.
    I thank my family members for arranging this golu and being supportive in all activities.
    I thank IL for giving opportunity to display this golu.
    May Lord Goddess shower us with good health, wealth and happiness

Attached Files:

13 people like this.
  8. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

@risviswa --- superb Golu. Wat a wonderful display of themes. So much efforts and detailing is seen. Kudos to you....

@dnormx01 ---- Celebrating festivals with children is always special and you have proved it. What a wonderful arrangement of letters and Golu. Different thinking keeping in mind your child s interest. I am sure your little one would have been very exited to explain the theme to all the people who visit your home.

@sudhakrishna --- I think you should post more photos. Such a pretty kolu. But I could not see some of the things you described and would lilke to view them please. Elephants marching and the village set up.... Kudos to your creativity and theme selection. Beautiful work....

3 people like this.
  9. Saranyavij

Saranyavij Silver IL'ite

Hi all,I am back...We are proud to participate in Navarathri Kolu Contest conducted by Indusladies.It gives us great motivation & urges us to do better year on year.This year ,we have a houseful Golu,in 5 rooms spread across our house & we started the arrangements from July 2015.

The Themes are:

• Padi Golu arranged in the form of a Temple Gopuram decorated with Kalasam & each step decorated with different color Cloth & Jerigai.
    • Annapoorani Kolam & Amman Alangaram Hand decorated in First Floor Room 1
    • Temple Festivals across 12 places in Tamilnadu-Thiruchendur Murugan Koil Soorasamharam,Trichy Ranganathar Vaikunda Ekadesi Thiruvizha, Chidambaram Natyanjali,Kumbakonam Maha Magam,Thiruvaiyaru Thyagarajar Utsavam,Chennai Kabaleeswarar Koil 63 Nayanmargal Thiruvizha,Chennai Thiruverkadu Amman Koil Vizha,Irode Bannari Amman Adi Thiruvizha,Madurai kallazhagar Attrtil Irangum Thiruvizha,Tiruvannamalai Karthigai Deepam,Palani Vaikasi Visagam Vizha,Kanchipuram Kamakshi Amman Navarathri Vizha with customized mud dolls
    • Sai Baba Mandapam & Sai Baba's Miracles-Barbie dolls hand decorated as devotees & Sai Baba in a separate room
    • Ayyappan Story-from Birth till Sabari Temple Varalaru with Audio Presentation,hand decorated dolls in a room
    • A Tribute to Abdul Kalam Sir-Customized dolls displayed,from his birth ,School days,Friends,College & Jobs/President of India /Awards,Missiles & ISRO days/contribution to our Nation
    • Krishna Leelai Dolls with background & customized display
    • Welcome Dolls in Veranda

Attached Files:

14 people like this.
  10. Saranyavij

Saranyavij Silver IL'ite

sharing few more photos,Abdul Kalam sir story from birth & Sai Baba Mandir ,Leelai

Attached Files:

15 people like this.