What do the kids learn in LKG & UKG in schools

Discussion in 'Andhra Pradesh' started by kavyamadhav, Nov 20, 2008.

1. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi mom247,

Welcome to Indusladies.

As your daughter already joined the school,let her learn what ever they teach at school,just follow what they are teaching and please try not to force her learn instead you can make her do colouring,painting,joining dots(with numbers),finding the picture differences etc which might be more interesting for her.

Yes kids learn/pick up fast but at his/her own pace not to be compared with other kids.

Go around Indusladies there are many similar topics discussed already.

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  2. rafath24

rafath24 New IL'ite

while surfing thru the net I cam upon this site on discussion about Pre-School and its curriculum. Most of us are very ignorant regarding what is being done in the pre-school years vis a vis what should be done.

Did you know just the way teething, walking and talking happens at a particular age for every child similarly writing and reading also has a pre decided time... it will come out naturally if the child is indirectly prepared for these activities.. and definitely that time is not at 3 years of age. Logically how difficult is it for a child with an absorbent mind to mug up letters and numbers if thats all that is being done.

Have you ever come across Montessori Pre-School ?? If you have not checked out a montessori classroom you have missed something very special for your child. Take care you go only an AMI montessori environment.

Thanks

3. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am trying to find the printable RULED workbooks for my 6 years old handwriting improvement. We used to use these work books(or copy books) in India when I was a kid. Essentially the top row line would be written a sentence (or a set of words) in the lines. The kid needs to copy them in the lines below in the same fashion. Any help?
    Thanks
    SreeSri

4. anandram9

anandram9 New IL'ite

just they will learn how to sit

5. vrada

vrada New IL'ite

if we join them in montessori, will they be able to meet the expectations later in higher classes in today's competitive world?