Moving from North East to TX

Discussion in 'Indians in Dallas' started by shobanaj, Oct 9, 2015.

1. shobanaj

shobanaj Senior IL'ite

Hi,

We are planning to move mid Dec 2015 to DFW TX due to job relocation. We are looking for a good apartment community. The following are the factors:

1. We have school going kids, we want a good school district community
    2. It need not be an indian community as long as the school is great, we are OK
    3. Community can be in 30 - 40 miles radius in DFW area and it does not have to be in Plano as my husband can commute (or he can do WFH also)
    4. We are planning to buy home eventually in the next 6 months
    5. Rent seems to be higher in city, I prefer moderate in the range of 1100 - 1200 USD

I hear there are lot of Indians there in TX and IndusLadies has been serving very well to the community.

I really appreciate honest suggestions & directions from our fellow members of Indusladies on this. Please post your responses.

Thank you in advance.

2. shobanaj

shobanaj Senior IL'ite

Ladies, I am surprised that there are no replies. please pour in your thoughts.

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP, 1100 -1200 is not possible for 2 bed room in Plano.(guessing with kids). Keep in mind 250 -300 is extra for sewage trash other things which apartment office collects.(compulsory).Your best bet wud be go look for houses before moving to Dallas.We are in same process and will look at houses and move to Dallas once job situation is taken care of. Also one more hint wud be look for jobs with 90k + pay if hubby is only earning. If both of you work , then that wont be an issue. Good Luck.

4. shobanaj

shobanaj Senior IL'ite

Thank you Chocolate for your response. Your inputs are helpful. Do you have any place in mind to look for the houses for your search?

We have the following cities in mind:

• Allen
    • Flower Mound
    • Frisco
    • Plano

We are thinking to find an apartment initially in Plano as my husbands job is going to be in Plano and then start looking for homes in any of the above cities.

Anyone has any idea about the following apartments?

• Summers crossing
    • Lakeshore @ Preston
    • Prestonwood hills apt
    • mission gates apts
    • old sheppard place

I am surprised about the extra charges for trash & sewage. Would you recommend any apartments in Frisco, Allen, Flower Mound?