1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Best MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by kcb, Sep 18, 2015.

1. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Hi ILs,

We read so many negative experiences / stories about MILs, have you ever experienced / seen a best MIL ever?

Please share your experiences here, it can help the unmarried ladies in a positive way about their future MIL.

I am sorry if thread is already there.

1 person likes this.

2. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

By God's grace I have a very good and supportive MIL. I don't know if she is the best because there are times when I get irritated with some thing she does. But that's more about the difference of opinions and my perception. My MIL came to support me during my IVF. She took care of the house and took very good care of me. Giving me food every 2 hours etc.
    Even now when my IVF failed, it seems she told my husband that she will sponsor my next cycle. When my husband said we will manage, she said it was so difficult for her to see me suffer like that and then face failure. If her sponsoring money would bring some luck then so be it! Not just this, my PILs have never interfered in any of our decisions. Yes they do give suggestions at times but never enforce anything upon us.
    So good PILs do exist and I am lucky to have one :)

11 people like this.
  3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Hi hivid, I am happy for you.

My experience: I can say my mother is the best MIL I have seen. She is so good and supportive with her DIL. She never interferes in my brother's family. I still remember those days when my mom used to take care of her newly married DIL by buying sarees (as DIL doesn't have many sarees) and household items. God bless her!

1 person likes this.
  4. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

The above happens with our own parents or DH or children or friends also. So, nothing special that it happens with your MIL.

So, for you - yes she is the best MIL. hivid - Thanks for sharing a positive post, and thank you @kcb for a positive thread. IMO - I believe and accept - that my family (yes my family is both sides of family) are the best, I dont scrutinize and analyze that. Makes life happier rather than microscope each thing and say right-wrong judgements.

3 people like this.
  5. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Ragini :)

6. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Mine is the best best best MIL in the world. Its been 2.5 years since we married, and here is what I love about her and my FIL:

1. They do not interfere in any of our decisions. But always ready to support us if required

2. She loves and adores me as her own daughter. But that is her character. She can love any one as her own. She has lots of love to share with the world, I cant be like her and I love that character of hers.

I can just keep going on with the list, but these are 2 most important things I like about her. This does not mean I dont have any difference of opinion with her, we do have them, just like any other relation, but she always made me realize our love for each other is above all the differences.

I am very lucky indeed to get such amazing in-laws! :) Wish every MIL was like her. I always told her she needs to train other MILs on how to behave with their DILs :hide:

12 people like this.
  7. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

@OP...
    The best MIL is a myth like Yeti, Bigfoot, fire spewing dragons, Unicorns...

1 person likes this.
  8. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

I think best MILs are there indoc....see the above post by aishwaryadevi, she has a very good best MIL....so there are good and best MILs in the world....

9. Yathu

Yathu Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I'm feel very happy and proud to say here that I'm gifted with a wonderful MIL. She is really gem of a woman. As she lost her husband at very young age and my husband was only son for her. she lived her entire life for him alone. Initially i was bit afraid that every mom will not let her son move away from them in the name of marriage.. but it was not so.. she was very genuine.. she doesnt intefer in any of our things.. even when she knews we had fight bet us.. she ll never ask y..

In fact she was a govt employee.. it has been 3yrs since I got married,even now she wakes up early.. cooks food for us.. and the most happiest part is that she is friendly with my mom.. actually my mom stays with me in our house.. they both are good friends and take a good care of my little son :)

hats off to her.. I'm blessed to be her daughter (DIL) kneesmiley

5 people like this.
  10. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

@Yathu, I am happy for you dear for having such a wonderful MIL...

1 person likes this.