1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

mil returned back the gift

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by priynwada, Oct 7, 2015.

1. priynwada

priynwada Senior IL'ite

Today I. Was all started with Diwali saree selection. I have got many saree as gift. In 2013 mil gave me a very costly saree around 9000 rs. So I decided to stitch the blowse for it.

So I opened the saree today to see it. Unfortunately it is given by my mom dad to mil as a part tradition in marriage. The sticker is there.. I don't know why she did like this. I know iits not a big thing; but do I need to speak with her. She does not like my mother and they both does not talk with. Each other. Is it due to this.

Pls hel me.

2. Jas8085

Jas8085 Gold IL'ite

Dont bother. Enjoy the saree.

3. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

Up to u...donot make a deal out of it...just ignore unless it is really hurting you.

My MIL gifted me sari - brand new not opened saying "it is for ur bday" and then added her daughter (my SIL) gave it to her on her bday but MIL did not like it. Since it was expnesive she gave it to me. I would have gladly worn it if she just passed it on to me instead of giving as gift.

I put it in my closet and has not opened yet......if she asks, i plan to tell i have no blouse to go with it....

I felt little bit bad, but moved on now that I plan on not wearing it

4. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

See, people generally do these kind of nasty things just to intentionally hurt the other person. Guess, now she must be waiting to see that hurt expression on your face.

Give her the shock of her life. Don't ask her anything. Get the blouse done fashionably. Wear the saree on Diwali. Complement your looks with a new hairdo & jewellery. Look your best on that day and above all roam around super happy. Finally, find time to hint her that you know that it is the same saree gifted by your parents to her.

Enjoy the festival!

4 people like this.
  5. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Use it since it was actually bought by your parents. So don't bother if she is not using and giving back to you. Atleast she never gave to your SIL or others.

2 people like this.
  6. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Be glad she agav it back it you, your parents have spent their money on it so you wear and enjoy it, I have seen a friends mil who gave the salwar Kameez gifted by dil s parents to the maid and then was telling it to everyone , that how she did not like that dress so she gave it ti maid as her maids only wear such dress. ( and it was a good costly designer Salwar Kameez)

7. muthuswathi

muthuswathi Silver IL'ite

it looks, she doesn't deserve to get the saree.
    don't worry, you wear it happily.

1 person likes this.
  8. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

would like to add here ....also say "wow my mother choice is super"....and the pain she wants to give u will be hers....lol

2 people like this.
  9. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

dear op
    its ok there are two possibilities
    1) she dont wear that expensive saree and instead of keeping it with her she gave u. u will think she could have given someone else too, but i think she dint give as it is costly and she doesnt want anyone else other then u to wear so costly saree (positive thought)
    2) she want to show that her choice is much better and costlier than ur mothers gift. hence returned to show her dislike (negative thought)

now u decide which one u want to take to live peaceful life...

10. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

I have generally seen among family member and relatives..when they receive sarees as gifts, they use it if they like it else gift to others...Your MIL may not wear such kind of saree as it may not be of her taste..intentionally or unintentionally she passed on the saree gifted by your parents to you...
    I think you should be happy because: 1) The saree purchased by your parents came back to you and not gifted to someone else..2) your MIL gave u an expensive saree..not many DILs can say that they get nice gifts from their MILs as most MILs only demand gifts but do not spend single rupee from their own pocket.
    So go ahead and stitch a nice designer blouse & wear it...
    (I am replying on a positive note..if it bothers you so much, go ahead and mention casually that the saree was selected by ur parents and they have made such good selection etc..)

1 person likes this.