1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What Made you Want to Lose that Weight Once and for All?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Gauri03, Sep 26, 2015.

1. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the encoragement @Gauri03. We have decided to start around 150g and slowly lower it. The aim is around 75g.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear@Gauri03,

Congratulations!! You by now are well aware that this thread has been nominated by two who are following you here --the O O Oriana and Justanothergirl!

This is a new premise for me, I admit! When did I last run leave alone go for a walk! Yes, sorry state of affairs( I meant my body affairs!) indeed. Here you are, a bunch of smart and hard working girls running, gym'ing and doing everything to get that svelte figure. Hats off to you and perhaps sneakers on to me?!

But then, I keep thinking how should it matter at this age. I don't think any wolf whistles will come my way no matter how Deepika Padukone type I may look! See,I am on the wrong side of the fence, chronologically speaking! Oh, you said something? Yes, I do realize I owe it to myself not to become a burden (pun intended) on anyone. Fitness matters. It matters indeed!

Will see what I can do! :)

All the same, to go from size 12 to size 2? Wow, o wow!

L, Kamla

5 people like this.
  3. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Oh dear @Gauri03, I am definitely lost in the marathon I run every day in life trying to balance work and two kids. Not fun but I cant complain especially when I get that hug and kisses from kids.. Going with the flow. Wish you were here and we both can run together the 10K ( Saying that brings smile on my facehugsmiley ) I could use all those virtual cheers from you in Nov. Thanks !

Take care of your health first, you will be back to running soon once everything gets back to normal. I cant believe I motivated you in any way. I am glad if I did :) This post is so wonderful that I get to see so many stories of weight loss from all these gorgeous ladies. This thread by itself will motivate a lot of people to shed those extra pounds.

1 person likes this.
  4. Chitravivek

@Laks09 girl come to my part of town please. I want to train a marathon with you hugsmiley. You have motivated me in many way and not just fitness. (another time may be, don't want to hijack this thread :) ).

Oh my husband is aware of all this. He is very modest and never takes these to his head. (Touch wood) and you know he is rewarded for all this :exactly:

1 person likes this.
  5. Chitravivek

Oh JAG: I so hate the fact that I need to work my *** off to even enjoy a good dessert while my DH can eat all he wants and still burn it off by sitting. This is so not far. Every time I get closer to my DH weight he looses further :bonk. I want to be one those women who can look gorgeous and not gain an ounce irrespective of what they eat :rant

1 person likes this.
  6. Chitravivek

@Oriana: You crack me up.

Bhagvan same story here too. You don't want any more petitions from ILs :cheers

[bhagvan, when you refueled Laks, usi haath se yaha bhi toda bhar dena so that you don't have to look at another petition filed]

7. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Oh yes. What surprises me most is when people who have lived abroad say things like this. I was talking to one of my teachers from college who found me through some other classmates on Facebook. Anyway, this teacher of mine is a permanent resident of the USA (her son is a citizen and sponsored her). She asked me (in her words)- do these Americans have family like us? They don't care for their children, right? Have you met his family?
    She has been a permanent resident for 4 years, ready for citizenship :)

2 people like this.
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I so want to visit. My friend is back from an international assignment and I haven't seen her in years. With everything else on my plate, getting some me time to come for a weekend even is seeming like a far fetched idea.
    I'm glad I'm motivating people, I feel like a sack of potatoes recently because after my injury, I just went back to my doc and I've gained 8 massive pounds, YIKES!!!!

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@gauri03

what made me lose..at this juncture i was thinking of all the struggles, and the success and the reactions, the praises and everything, and i question myself again what really worked.. simple..

ME.. i am my priority, nobody else can do what i can do for myself learned it the hard way

the second one being there for my kids especially not falling sick during their important crucial years..did i succeed a little but it does not matter much today as a family have learned to tackle.

the third thing that is still motivating me, is my yearning to walk a marathon for autistic children and run in the terry fox run..at this point of my life, not sure if i can walk forget run, but i am not going to stop dreaming that goal, who knows one day, one day i would do it..(My family makes fun, of all the wishes that she wants, it is not diamonds nor world tour, these, but they do understand..)

1 person likes this.
  10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

And I don't doubt you will do both! :2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.