1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Family Values and Marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by justanothergirl, Sep 30, 2015.

1. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Honestly I feel I am a better person because of a my kids..they make me hold myself to a higher standard . Not sure if I am making sense.[/QUOTE]

You make complete sense.I could not agree more! I have become more conscious of my actions and speech since my sons birth and I see him noticing anf mimicking my words.I try to be more kind, and treat others with respect.what value will my words hold if my actions dont show it.:)

1 person likes this.
  2. Sandhyavinod

Sandhyavinod New IL'ite

Honest,always respect others,face the life with courage,be polite ,but held your head with pride not arrogance

1 person likes this.
  3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Pride but not arrogance..hard to walk that line...!:thumbsup

4. Sam8

Sam8 New IL'ite

Great thoughts evryone :)

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Not sure whether we have really discussed about these family value system at all... However, we are for sure carrying out certain value system, which either we may have inherited from parents, or adopted as per our exposures.

For me, the priority goes to Love, honesty, hygienic, being religious, respect, acceptance, understanding, respect to diversity and togetherness is utmost important

If I am to pick some 4 from this life, I would chose 1) Religious, 2) Love 3) Honesty 4) Hygienic

The rest can somehow fit into Love (such as understanding, acceptance, respect and respect to diversity.)

1 person likes this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Fantastic thread JAG!

Talk of funny stories. BH is not at all a social kind. He is a home bird and does not like going out for films (except once in a red or blue moon - whichever is rarer). It was very frustrating for me in the early years, being used to a very social life (meaning a lot of interaction with family, close friends, neighbours, going out etc.). I tried every possible way to get him to go out. Finally one day I told him, if he refused to come, I'd go with the neighbour's husband. The reply I got was enough to make anyone beat their head in frustration, which of course I did, but on looking at the same reply from the other side, I realized how much implicit trust there was. The confidence with which he said it meant he trusted me completely to know it was an empty threat and/or that he just took me too much for granted!!! He just said "I'll be watching with great interest"! Needless to say, the trust is fully reciprocated. :-D

2 people like this.
  7. justanothergirl

@SGBV:thumbsup
    True ...love is all encompassing!

8. justanothergirl

@satchitananda
    OMG girl....:2thumbsup:laugh1smiley

I know what DH would have said...
    "Poor guy..!!"
    :bonk:biglaugh
    Enna oru confidence pondati melai (what an implicit confidence in the wifey :))

1 person likes this.
  9. Sandhyavinod

Sandhyavinod New IL'ite

Along the way kids will learn about money before that if they don't learn above things mentioned by all this same money will fail them

2 people like this.
  10. itsmeonly

itsmeonly New IL'ite

Very much valuable opinions expressed here.