1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

New to Edison-Need some Info

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by JGVR, Jul 22, 2015.

1. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Hi,

We recently moved to Park Gate community in edison.Iam looking for the below information

1.My kid is 4 yrs old.Iam looking to enroll her in carnatic music and bharatanatyam dance classes. Please let me know about good carnatic music and dance teachers in edison.Iam looking for in person classes and not skype.

2. I have heard that there are puja groups who does pujas like sai aarti/bhajans on thursdays,lalitha sahasranamams on fridays etc.I would like to be a part of such a group in edison area.Please let me know if you know one

Thanks

2. TomAndJerry

TomAndJerry Bronze IL'ite

Hi JGVR,

welcome to Edison.

Even I am new to Edison, good to know about puja groups here. I will let you know if I come across any, you too share the info if you come across first.

About Bharatanatyam classes I have heard about few teachers from my neighbors. The teacher will start classes in September and I am also waiting. I will share the contact number as soon as I get.

3. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Thankyou TomandJerry.Good to know that you are also new to edison.Welcome.

4. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Hi,Do you know if anyone teaches carnatic music and bharatnatyam along apts in Talmadge rd and surrounding areas.Please let me know

5. sowmyadasari

sowmyadasari New IL'ite

Hi,
    I know someone who teach bharatnatyam/kuchipudi not sure. They have classes taken in iselin.Both wife and husband teach. And also do Arangetram(Stage Performance).

6. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Thank you sowmya.can you please pm me their contact details

7. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

In Edison, there is Krishna Vrindavana /Udupi maTa, google for more info. ..there they have free classes for kids and adults in spirtuality, bhajans, shlokas etc.

Many local musicians, dancers perform there during festivals, you will get information in the temple.

Visit during weekends or in the evenings. You will also get served great food everyday :)

Kalagangothri foundation ( search on facebook) ..husband and wife ..great dancers teach in Edison. THey will give information about Music teachers too

8. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Hi TomAndJerry,

Have you got any info?Can you let me know.

Thanks