1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Often do you Share your Stories with your Neighbors or Friends?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by twinklingstar, Oct 1, 2015.

1. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

even when some one asks.. just say things are good at home ...

U can discuss TV , movies , office gossips with office frnds..

we never know.. if what we say can boomerang to u .. so never ever disclose ur life as well as ur issues.

2 people like this.
  2. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Hi,

i never share any of my issues to my neighbours/relatives/friends..some way it goes into gossip mode.. people will be interested to know.. if some one is not happy..why they are not happy.. they show as if they are consoling us.. but some point of time.. our secret will be spread with some one else.. its human nature..

i hide all my issues in me itself.. either i go in silent mode for few days..(not talk to any one..) or sit in a calm place.. write all issues.. and keep in pooja almira. thinking..(he has given problem.. let himself solve it..) i know some days keeping every thing inside..burst out.. but in general i feel all family issues to be kept inside walls.. never to spread outside..

Would like to know more tips girls.. how u r managing anger?

3 people like this.
  3. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

I can understand.. we feel relaxed sharing everything with our closed one...but according to me more fuel added to existing fire when we are telling to our neighbours and relatives especially. we will never know who turns to which direction suddenly..finally we will be put up into more trouble..It happens twinkilingstar dear..practice it.. even though you have the tendency, control and try to divert the topic..

4. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

sure i will do that girls...but just topic is on and my tape goes on and on till it ends..
    yesterday same thing happened and later i regreted so much thinking what if she goes and tell everyone and what image my family will have then in society. and other neighbor will also know. she told me dont worry dear i wont tell anyone and u will never get to know that i told to someone.
    but then i thought that i cannot hold my own secret how can i expect other to keep it. i was feeling like an idiot...:hide:

1 person likes this.
  5. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

I never share my personal things with my colleagues or neighbours especially when it comes to family matters bcoz they are not my friends...., my suggestion is please do not share with colleagues / neighbours, they may definitely spread this with others if in case your relation with them is not good in future. It is always good to keep personal and professional life separate.

If you have a very good trust worthy friend, then share your feelings with them....or you can post in IL....

2 people like this.
  6. twinklingstar

@kcb - true.i also fear same thing.

1 person likes this.
  7. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Don't worry dear, just forget whatever happened till now....past is past....atleast from now on you try not to share with colleagues or neighbours about your personal matters...

1 person likes this.
  8. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

Twinkling star
    Usually we share or vent off when some unexpected happens wid us. N when we vent off we are not in our senses n may speak anything n everything. People can then take advantage of this n make more gossips n rumors out of it.
    Wat I suggest is write it down. Write whatever u r goin to vent off. Make sure dat none reads wat u wrote. I started practicing this after my marriage. Writing down helps u to calm down n also makes u understand itself. It also makes u feel dat u shared ur feelings wid someone.
    Once u calm down n in ur senses then only share limited things wid ur neighbors or relatives.
    If u have someone trustworthy n very close den only share everything wid dem.
    Also don't hide things completely from ur parents or siblings. Let den have idea regarding wats goin on in ur life.

9. twinklingstar

thanks sapana..ya i completely agree to it. but my weak point, on which i have to work really hard, is that i just vent and cant keep with self...this is such a looser feeling.
    i really dont want to do that but i do it and then regret later....

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

You know I share my experiences here but my family matters I share only with my close friend and not anyone else .