Indian Ladies in Sharjah - meet here!

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Sharjah' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. sim sim suma

sim sim suma New IL'ite

hi leela sreeram,
    im suma from sharjah. i stay near majaz park. i m also looking out for friends otherwise life becomes a hell here. nice to know you are from sharjah. i m 37yrs. with 2 kids studying in millennium school dubai. elder in 12th grade, younger in 10th grade. stay in touch. bye for now.

2. sim sim suma

sim sim suma New IL'ite

Hi Usha mam I m Suma from Sharjah, Jamal Abdul Nassar Strt. I not made any posts till now. I m happy 2 know that now i will have many friends with whom i can chat as i was feeling very lonely. My kids are in their teens and are buzy with their classes and friends. I m a houswife but was working in Mumbai as a pre-primary teacher in Chembur. Now its 3yrs. in sharjah but i have not made any friends of my own except for my husband's friends wives. Nice to know that now even i will have friends of my own that to in Sharjah. I wanted to know how to put up painting exhibitions in Sharjah as my daughter Smruti Nair is a very good artist and has won many awards in competitions, the latest one being the global village, House of talents, in which she won 3rd prize with a bronze trophy and 5000 dhs cash. I am always encouraging her and she is planning to go to US. Atlanta to study architecture, in Savannah college of art and design. She needs to prepare her portfolio of her work so I want to put up a small exhibition in any indian club or society so as to give her more exposure, please help me. thanx. please keep in touch

3. hemachidam

hemachidam New IL'ite

Hi

How are u all?Hope u are fine.
    Sorry for such a long delay.

Padma,

I am staying near abushagara park.What do u do in ur free time?boring right.

Kaneeze,
    I am not planning for any vacation.Almost 1yr gone.Yet to plan.

Bye for now
    meet u all soon

4. smitasrane

smitasrane New IL'ite

Re: Hi i am new hear

Hi Kaneeze,

Today my son go to Nursury.Today his first day .we take admission in AL KHAN nursery.

I tried bayt.com, naukrigulf, Gulf Talent all these also.
    I am looking job in sharjah because it very difficult to go dubai daily for me.
    you leave your home very early as your office near then also.
    of cource I like hindi movies and serial. Do you like?

5. sim sim suma

sim sim suma New IL'ite

Re: who am i

Hi Hema,
    This is suma from Sharjah. I m housewife with 2 kids. I stay opp. majaz park. Nice 2 no even u r from sharjah. keep in touch. I love to make friends.

6. laxmi_subhas

laxmi_subhas Senior IL'ite

Can anyone throw light on this?

hello ladies..

One of my colleagues staying in Sharjah is very much worried about the schooling in sharjah. Her son is 2yrs 3mnths old. According to her, schools in sharjah are worse. They do not teach students properly. It seems they are teaching twinke twinkle rhymes for first class students which they suppose to teach for nursery students. Is it true? For play group kids, there are no flexible timings unlike Abudhabi schools ( When my kid was in playgroup I used to send him around 10:00 Am though the school starts at 8:00am. There are flexible timings not necessary that kid should go exactly at 8:00. But in Sharjah I heard even for play group students also kid should reach exactly at 8:00. Is it like that? Fees are also tremendously high around 900 to 1000 dhms per month.

Can anyone please throw light on this?

cheers

laxmi

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  7. Bindu Thomas

Bindu Thomas Senior IL'ite

Dear Laxmi,
    Hi. Ur collegue does not need to worry. Schools in Sharjah are not bad at all. There are seperate timings for nursery kids. I have 3 boys- Pratik- 8yrs, Pranit- 4yrs and Pranay- 11 months. Pranit went to the Happy kids nursery in sharjah- ( opposite the Our Own English school) and now goes along with his brother to the Delhi Private school- sharjah. I feel both these institutions and several others in Sharjah do a great job as well- ( I studied in Sharjah myself- Sharjah Indian School before i went on to do my BDS in India).
    The school might start early but the day ends earlier than for the elder children.

I hope she finds the right one for her little one.

Regards,
    Bindu

8. laxmi_subhas

Hi Bindu,

Thanks for your information. Even Ive got the similar view regarding schools in sharjah. As Ive asked my other frs who are staying in sharjah. But my colleague is not agreeing to this. Thats why I posted here to get the views from IL frs..so that she will get confidence if majority says the same. Your post gave my colleague somehat relief but still I'm looking from other IL frs..their views. I would like to know what majority of people thinking.

cheers

laxmi

9. Bindu Thomas

Bindu Thomas Senior IL'ite

Laxmi,
    U can't actually blame ur collegue... change is a very big thing especially when it concerns ur little one... My elder son had to change 3 schools during his first few years of school life before we finally put him in DPS- sharjah. He started his schooling with Our Own English- Shj (K.G-1 &2), then moved to DPS (1st grade) - very happy at both the schools- but we had to move to RAK - since my hubby changed jobs to that emirate- and last year we moved back to Sharjah as he was unhappy with schooling there and joined the DPS again. He is very happy now. My hubby drives daily to work in RAK.. like I said anything for our kids... So ur collegue is doing the right thing... She needs to be happy before she decides..:)

Best regards,
    Bindu.

10. laxmi_subhas

Bindu,

There is no question of blaming dear. I feel she is taking so much of tension regarding this. Im trying to help her from that.

laxmi