1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

She is not my type

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by jayashreer513, Sep 17, 2015.

1. jayashreer513

jayashreer513 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am with a new story. This is also a love story. And This happens in 2 time durations. One in 2009 and another in 2015, with series of flashbacks. Hope I don't confuse with my attempt.

Thanks,
    Jayashree

2. jayashreer513

SHE IS NOT MY TYPE: CHAPTER 1

2015 May 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]:

Today was the first day for Lakshmi to office. She is a married, 28 year old lady.
    “Hi Dad! Had coffee?” Lakshmi asked coming fully dressed from her bedroom.
    Her mom seemed busy in kitchen with breakfast work. Her dad was so engrossed in coffee that he didn’t reply to her at all. She sat on the dining chair and called to her mom, “Mom, coffee?” Her father looked up to her and asked “Have you called Vishnu? How is he?” Lakshmi smiled at him “Dad I have called him. He is doing well. His mom is there. She is taking good care of him. He wished me for first day of office.”
    His father looked worried “Don’t know if it is good idea for you to leave your hubby in Los Angeles and work here for few thousands.”
    By then her mom came with coffee cup in her hand and was waiting to see what Lakshmi answers. No doubt both of them missed her these 6 years into her marriage, she has never once come to India. But they were happy for her. She has married to the most loveable bestest guy. So, they didn’t want her to be separate from him now.
    Lakshmi replied “Dad! I have decided it along with Vishnu only. He would be joining me in another year. We are planning to settle down in India. So don’t worry. Let me concentrate on my career now at least.” Soon Lakshmi had her breakfast and left for job. . Lakshmi’s family actually didn’t want her to work at all. They wanted her to raise the family. She has got a government job in Income tax department. All these years when she was employed in abroad, she used to regret for not being able to work for her own country. She wanted to be an officer in government or public sector, and give the amount of effort she is giving in for the multinational corporates. Right now she has got an opportunity. For this job she spent around a year of vigorous preparations for the UPSC exams.
    She started her i10 and started driving to office

5 people like this.
  3. nivsrini

nivsrini Silver IL'ite

4. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Welcome jayashree ..

Nice beginning.. Looking forward for bigger posts pls

5. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

good start dear..but as sangeeta said pls post lengthy post dear..
    welcome to story section

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good start Jayashree.....

7. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

Good start dear..bit lengthy please

8. jayashreer513

CHAPTER2

Few months into her new job, Lakshmi was very good in her work. She made comfortable, professional acquaintances with all the superiors, peers and junior working under her. She was head of the branch she was handling. There was party held for the corporate basketball champions at national level? She was invited to give a speech appreciating their performance. The team has been out of city for couple of months. The team has won all the competitions they attended so far and have won the tournament.

After the speech, she was distributing the awards to the players, just then, the captain of the team was called and she didn’t expect, Shashaank to be there. She suddenly shifted her expression blank and pretended not to have recognized him at all. He was confused to see her plain look and left with the certificate she gave. She never expected to meet Shashaank so many years after. And she was worried since working in same office they may have to meet often. She did most of the things with proper pre planning in her life. She already devised the plan to go about with him. She didn’t want to disturb her happy life.

Couple of days into the work, there was a paper work with lot of mistakes in filing the information and details were very inappropriate. She found it when approving and called the concerned inspector who registered the documents. Shashaank came into her cubicle, grinning widely. "Hi Lakshmi!"

For some reason Lakshmi was very adamant not to recognize him and pulling her act again. "Yes sir! I see lots of mistake in your work. Why so careless? Would you correct it and send it to me again" She kept it short. Shashaank, has gone too handsome from what he was few years before. He stood there more than 6 feet tall, with a huge frame and dusky complexion. His expression looked grim. This time Lakshmi was scared to look at him. Then again he let out his boyish grin "Don’t you really recognize me?" Lakshmi nodded confusedly. Shashaank filtering rest of the information just stated "We were in same college." Lakshmi now gave a nod "Yeah now I remember you slightly. Ok carry on your work" With that she closed the conversation. Shashaank was insistent "I will finish it. How about coffee? "Lakshmi was angry this time "Does he get my message not to disturb me or not?" She thought. She told him "Some other time Shashaank. I am busy now"

Shashaank left the place. He wanted to know so many things about her. How is her husband? If she has got a baby? Is it a boy or a girl? Does it look like her? Is her baby as cute as her? Has her love/ devotion for Vishnu has reduced even a bit? Is she the same love stricken girl? Shashaank smiled to himself. He was immensely happy just to look at her and talk to her. He knew she was rude to him. But that was fine with him, she has always been like that only to him. He finished of his work correctly this time and went to his home.

7 people like this.
  9. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

@jayashreer51 Nice flow in the story..:2thumbsup:

10. angeldreams

angeldreams Gold IL'ite

Good One Jaya...u have good writing skills, excellent language ....and that too simple...keep writingfriendssmiley