1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

DPS that clip i still have. it is all on internet, the girls is very pretty, the guys face is not seen, he was caught bcs the girl calls him by name in the end of the clip.
    Now this. These kind of kids need the rod, rightly said and i agree with u.

Regards

kamal

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

True that to kids we should be an authoritive figure and not a friend, they must be scared of their p arents, at the same time, we are friendly also to them.The kids must know there are limits they better not cross eh !

kids commiting sucide are idiots, who have never been yelled at, who have bullied everyone around, and when they are scolded, they do this idiotic thing of suicide. why are teachers to be blamed? They have to instill manners and discipline in school and in kids.
    yes most [parents dont give enough time, or see what their k ids are up to, they just pacify them with giving then money as and when they demand, expensive phomes, gadjets shoes and holidays, so that the kids aer spoilt rotten and have an attitude.

Regards

kamal

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    nowadays parenting has become a tough task. Couples are working and now they prefer to have only one child and so naturally they are pampered. Further joint family system has become almost nonexistent.Children are exposed to unwanted things.

We can't blame parents alone for the behaviour of the children. Over exposure to media and peer pressure is also contributes to the misadventure and boisterous behavior of children.

It is a collective responsibility of parents, teachers, society and media to tackle this issue.

PS

4. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

A very good post Kamalji . I remember when my brother and sil were going school shopping for my niece, My dad’s advice to them was that no matter which school you choose for her, both of you are going to be her first teachers. How easy it must have been be for those parents to put the blame for alcohol on school authorities. Being mother of a four year old myself I have learnt that you can’t take any shortcuts in parenting and if you do your child will have to pay a heavy price. Before my daughter me and my husband lived a crazy life. Since the time she is born we have changed ourselves completely. Both of us have given up alcohol completely because we don’t want her to think that drinking is acceptable. We don’t do anything in front of her which we feel she shouldn’t do. I was reading somewhere that children rarely do what you say, but they will definitely do what you do and another one Only if everyone parent in this world did their job correct, this world would be such a better place. I am not in favour of smacking but there are other ways to discipline a child. Long time back there was news on TV that it’s a common sight in parks to see 13 to 15 years old lying down drunk. Now where are the parents, I wonder how can parents be at peace when they have no idea of their child’s whereabouts? The easiest thing in the world is to blame others. I can go on and on for this topic. I don’t blame children but it’s the parents who take no responsibility for the actions of their children.

1 person likes this.
  5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

We dont even allow the soceity to set others children's straight. if ur child breaks something in my house, inspite of my telling him to keep away, and if i slap him, or scold him, he will come to u, and u will fire me in front of him, how dare u scol;d or hit my child. You wotn ask me what happened, or see the wrong in yr child.

this is the whole problem, we feel our children are a gods gift to our neighbourhood. Neither do we teach them, nor allow the school or neighbours to set them right, so this is where they tend to go out of line.
    See it was early morning, the booze shops are closed, so the boy must have brought the booze from his dad's bar at home. Now the dad must learn to keep his bar closed, pull up his childs ears, and give him one good whack.

Hence, few exceptions apart, i feel we parents are responsible for the shape our children are in.

Regards

kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rihaana,

We are not here topoint fingers at anyone. Maybe u are in the 20% of the parents whose kids are nice. We aer talking about the other 80 percent kids.Agred with u, times have changed, internet has come, and we dont have many joint families.

so just as we have changed our habits from the type writer to thekeyboard, same way we have to change our ways of parenting now.Since grandparents dont live with the parents, well, now itis more the responsibility of the parents to make sure they pay attention to their children.

Work is no excuse, if work is the priority, to rise to the top of the organization, then please dont have children, children are nota neccissity, but if u ahve them, then make them yr priority.You cannot have one leg in the work boat and one in the parenting.the upbrining of yr child is yr responsibility, and it tells on the parents character.

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanti,

Welcome after a long time. How is Veda, and how are u.

Just as how our career is shaping depends on us, same way how our kids turn out depends on us. it is theparents duty to brign them up well, Work is no excuse.

i understand yr point of view also, that u are not justifying, but angry at the hype created by the media, well they need some masala to talk about.

yes it is better to tell our kids to do better than us, and that we admuit oru mistakes to them.like i never completed my graduation, college dropout i am, but both myu daughters did their MBA's, thank god.HAHA

Good advise Shanti, wish there were more like u around.

Regards

kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa,

yes the pressures are there on the parents. but then it is the responsibility of the parents to see whom their child makes friends with, keeping a tab on his activities, and studies, and notpush them too hard, so that they try underhand means to get flying marks.

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Joy,

Welcome to my blogs. this is one serious blog that i wrote, and it has touched a lot fo people going by the comments to this one.But then going back to the humor blogs agan, till another such topic comes up that touches me .
    it is wonderful to know that u acknowledge what u did before yr child was born, that u put a stop to ry drinking, wonderful really,. the example u have set to yr child.God bless u, and may yr child grow up to be a loving, caring , wonderful human being, God bless u and yr family.

Regards

kamal

10. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

yes you r right sir,. in fact we do same thing, i celebrate her birthday with orphan children and she feels happy but cry seeing them (She is very senti) and whenever she leave food in plate i remind her of those children then she finishes soon.
    and yes i agree i dont give them all what she demands, will give her only when i feel now its time to give. eg. i brought her 3 cycles by now and she used them so roughly and badly that they are now in bad condition. now when all her other friends ride cycle and she doesnt have she is almost following up to buy new one since 2 months. but last week i repaired her old one and hten given to her...u wont believe that she was so happy with repaired one which she wasnt with new one also (c now she realised value of cycle)gigglingsmiley