1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to discipline child for doing her chores

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by coolgal123, May 8, 2015.

1. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Shanvy

I agree - totally!
    We used to be a part of home cleaning system every weekend with our dad ! We never got rewards and we never thought of not obeying our parents :)

But now, most moms I know are supposed to do ALL their work and chores and cleaning when the kids are not there and when kids/DH are at home, we are supposed to enjoy with them!
    And then, they ask their moms - "What were YOU doing the whole day? You are allowed TV and not me ?? Why?"

Most kids I know in my circle are good kids, no doubt - but when it comes to chores or getting up early mornings or keeping their things in place or TV times - it became a major problem for the moms!
    The moms (my friends) were stressed and since the kids were already in 5th, 6th stds, desperate situations called for desperate measures :)

Well, they went about it for a month, and then stopped it once their picnic got over - so the moms are back to complaining about their kids !!

In my son's case, every time he did something for me, he said - "Amma, I didnt know you did so much work at home"
    "Do you do ALL this everyday?"
    "Amma, you didnt put this at the same place you told me to put yesterday, keep it at the same place, else you'll start searching"
    "Wait wait, dont bend, I'm here, I will pick it off the floor"

So, although I stopped monitoring the sheet, he is continuing to do whatever he promised to do!
    Only when he asks me if he should stop ticking the sheets, I tell him, no continue that, we can buy a kindle!!

SCA and hope2b like this.
  2. veenajmenon

veenajmenon Junior IL'ite

As kids grow they start getting a sense of independence and think they are grown up enough.I came across some amazing value education videos in you tube vsetlvm, which is ideal for growing children,which can instil good values.As it is videos they will be interested in watching.Try that might make some difference and they display importance of respect,correct attitude,motivation.