IVF1 Failed- Need Advice on treatment and doctor

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ArtsSorts, Aug 25, 2015.

1. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

op
    sumalynux got her positive at advanced fertility clinic jayanagar bangalore.Winnie pooh got her positive at Dr madhuri Patil.I am also visiting Dr Madhuri.
    I would suggest you to visit them personally to find out which one suits you the most.For knowing details of my Dr ,you can always pm me.

2. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

I took treatment in Advanced Fertility clinic JP Nagar

1 person likes this.
  3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Artssorts,
    My first fresh IVF failed, frozen cycle to failed. Only the next fresh cycle after a long gap gave success. If first IVF, we don't know what to expect and how our body will behave to medications and such stress levels. Only later we will have some idea on it and it will give a stable mind. Don't quit with those negative results. Keep trying until you succeed.
    Baby dust to you.

1 person likes this.
  4. ArtsSorts

ArtsSorts Silver IL'ite

Hi All, Thanks for the reply. Today i finally had the courage to visit my doctor and understand what really went wrong.

According to her problem is with the quality of my eggs.. According to her even though the 3 eggs that did fertilize were of Grade 1 and Grade 2 but based on the overall cycle she thought the issue is with quality of eggs.

She mentioned that no medicines can be taken to improve them but also mentioned that every cycle is different and encouraged me to go for another cycle but after a break of a few months. According to her if cycle 2 also fails then i would need to consider egg donors.

1.Anyone ever hear this that -egg quality is bad but still managed to get Grade 1 and 2 eggs?
    2. Are there any ways to improve quality of eggs?
    3. I am around 10kgs overweight.. does that impact quality of eggs?

Things seem to be getting bleaker :(

5. ArtsSorts

ArtsSorts Silver IL'ite

Thanks Jaden. I am inbetween shifting .. i will PM you once i settle down in Bangalore. Thanks for connecting me with others. Really appreciate it! And good luck with your cycle:) Lots of baby dust!!

6. ArtsSorts

ArtsSorts Silver IL'ite

Thanks Vasumathy for the encouragement. With the new updates that i have received from my doctor do you have any thoughts? I am planning to take a break of 2-3 months and dedicate these in becoming healthier. Will decide post that whether i would want to go for any further treatment.

7. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

any idea on the IUI and IVF charges currently........any rough idea will give me a hope to proceed with these treatments.....

thank you

8. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

There are many supplements which can help improve the quality of eggs,if that is the problem here,however i doubt it.Getting 8 eggs is a normal response to ivf though it is on the lower end.And if there was a quality issue you wouldnt have got grade 1.Majorly ivf fails when there is an anomaly in the embryos and this cannot be found out unless you test the embryos ie pgs.So even if the quality of the embryos looks good there is no way to make sure that its a viable embryo unless you test the same.
    As per me you just require few trys to find that golden egg.Have faith and go through the same again.

There are few doctors who recommend dhea and few others who recomment coq10 however these medication should be taken only under docters supervision.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Arts Sorts,
    I took a tablets for 3 months to improve egg quality and quantity before the last IVF which found the golden egg. There are ways to improve quality, but it takes time for that, no fast forward step in these. Eating healthier and living in a better life style itself brings lot changes to our body and to those hormones.
    Being in right weight has its value in fertility treatments. If you could, spend sometime to bring down those excess weight. That will bring good change to your mind and body. I am slightly to overweight, trying to reduce that extra Kgs gives different spirit and making my life move on. It will keep your concentration away from fertility thoughts. I took close to 3 years break before last ivf. Ate home made and healthy food, did simple exercises in those period. Reduced some weight. It boosted my energy. Breaks are good in some aspect. It helps to reiterate our plans and allows us to see beyond limits.

You can take up another IVF after a break. That break has to be extended until your mind and body to ready to take the roller coaster ride. IVF needs a good preparation from our side. Its not an exam where you can go without preparing. Its like maths exam, you need to memorize all formulas and procedures to solve problems.

Meanwhile in the break time, try naturally. Never give up on natural trials whether it succeeds or not. It doesn't matter.

Hope you will stabilize more soon!
    Baby dust to you.

10. aniya

aniya Senior IL'ite

Try naturally in the break time..the stimulation from failed Ivf sometimes has effect in subsequent months also.