1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Most Unromantic Thing your Husband Did

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by DGcreative, Jul 19, 2012.

1. mamsharma

mamsharma Bronze IL'ite

OMG, this is actually very hilarious there is so much common in these threads. well my DH is a bit different as i have selected the best one among all and fought with my parents for him, yes mine is a love marriage. He maintains a list with him which has important dates b'day / Anniversary of everyone he knows in the world. He will arrange for cake for birthday of his Family ( mother, father, sister, brother), will wish his friend, his friend's wife, his friend's daughter... will wish his friend with whom he connected last time same time of the year and no communication for whole year... and yes he ensures that we celebrate birthday of my DS every year. On his own birthday he makes sure to celebrate with his family and me together. will also give some gift to his mother on his own birthday. i gift him items which i know he will like including wallet, sunglasses even apair of Jeans. his definition of gift includes items which can be used and not the USELESS gifts like flowers or cards or teddies.
    so everyone is covered except for the dear wife (me) whose b'day never celebrated in 6 yrs of married life. you all will love the reason for same. i have two Birthdates one in records and other one as actual ( my father wanted me to join school early but school said she can be admitted next year only, he changed the birthdate and said now she is the age you need and hence can join.. diff story nways). and my DH said me "i dont know which one to wish and so i never wish on either" whaatsmiley:bang.

no flowers / gifts on any day forget about special days. oh there is a reason for this also "you can get whatever you want, then what is need" :bonk and the v day is just to spoil the youth. youth today will spend so much on gifts, flowers for the GF but will not buy a single thing for parents and bla bla bla ..... at times i wonder how can such an unromantic person even think of love marriage. this is the biggest irony of my life.

but yes i have my way to handle this, i buy whatever i need on any day of the year and ensure to be special on my special day and keep up my ego by saying to the world : oh my dear husband gifted" with the biggest smile ;-). you all should try this to make your day special.

i have other incidents also which are already shared by many of you like no HM, no trips, even no movies, he is not interested in sports but there is discovery and animal planet to compensate. these men are......all same

1 person likes this.
  2. anumuralik

anumuralik Bronze IL'ite

Oh god you guys are making me guilty now!! All you guys were romantic and planned so many romantic things for your hubbys... And me!!! I have not planned a surprise birthday party for him on his first birthday after our marriage... Poor him... He was very upset... He told me that I have ruined his bday... True dat!! I Haven't planned anything for him... Am clueless as what to do to surprise him!! I was busy with relocating myself from India to Bahrain!! His bday came in a week after my relocating!! Have no idea of the places.. No new friends!! But all these are the reasons I give myself to get rid of the guilt... But if I think about it... All I was like... I should have brought something for him from India for his bday!! sorrysmiley He is the best when it comes to surprises!! And it makes me more guilty!! He surprised me with a cake bouquet flowers chocolates and greetings on my birthday just before our engagement!!:yes: And I haven't done anything for his first bday after our marriage!! He surprised with cake and jewellery on my first bday after our marriage!! Now that I have learnt from him... I surprised him on our 1st anniversary with a personalised journal of all our firsts!! And a gold chain... He loved the journal more than the chain!!:2thumbsup: He is no less... he surprised with a gold necklace!! He knows I love and adore gold LOL... And you know what happened for his second bday with me!! I went to a gold shop and purchased a ring for him to surprise him... That manager in the shop knows my husband's number as we were regular customers of the shop... He wants to talk about the new collection for Vday!! He called my hubby dearest to inform and my hubby guessed out that I have been to a gold shop to buy some surprise for him!!:bonk He asked me... And I can't hold on and started crying... He was like... "Aww baby itz okay.. I still dunno what u bought in gold for me... Am waiting to see what is it on my bday!!" I love him for that!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

woowwwwwwwwwww!!! i thought mine was the only one in this whole world... reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllyyyy men********************!!!!!!!!

dunnoo what to say????!!!!faintingsmiley

4. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

this is a hilarious thread... ppl dont let it die.. lets kep it running like DDLJ non stop!!!ideasmiley:goodidea:gigglingsmiley

5. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

You should have used the sexy numbers to make your dh drive your co-sister off your room . Imagine the result if you had dared to do it.......:shock: :eek.....

6. Jameela

Jameela Senior IL'ite

My husband does the same is look how i react to things and sayings, that is the most uncomfortable, i don´t like that my dad did the same to my mum.

7. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

this is a beautiful thread.. don let it die!

8. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

My husband is the most unromantic person on the planet. He has never done anything romantic. A very selfish man. I hope I find the courage to go away from him someday.

9. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

It was a week after marriage we planned to go to Ooty, You know what we went with this sister, sister's hubby and their daughter!!See how romantic, it would be????:eek:mg::wave:bangcomp::hide:notdonesmiley

10. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mine is not romantic if only giving cards, gifts are taken as being romantic.
    However when it comes for other aspects then he is romantic.
    But I would like to share one incident that happened long time ago.
    I was always asking my dh immediately after marriage to take me to a movie as I had been always at home with other issues going on at home.
    Yes he did take me to movies which is like you buy ticket and can watch movie non stop for 24 hours in that theatre. They have few movies being repeatedly shown.Because you don't have to reserve we started in the middle of a movie and then continued with the second one. So the first ever movie I saw with my dh happened to be based on trans-gender and whole story was revolving around that character. I did not understand head or tail about the movie since I went right in the middle and I do not recall the name of the movie now. The second movie was a kids kind of cartoon based movie. So that's our first movie adventure after marriage.