1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Take it or leave it

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by daisy2015, Aug 6, 2015.

1. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

keep guessing guys..... i will post the final part tomorrow. after reading it don't forget to give your valuable feedback.

2. yukthasri

yukthasri Bronze IL'ite

3. Khushi78

Khushi78 Silver IL'ite

Waiting for it .....i now feel theres is a bumper part that is going to be played by Ravi!!!!

4. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

I think Ravi was acting that he is angry with neelima, to expose vandita. The envelope contains proofs against vandita.

5. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Ravi accepted Neelima's gift so I feel no sad ending then what is the inner meaning of Take it or leave it?thinkingsmiley.

6. daisy2015

Part 20 – THE END

After spending some more time with us uncle and aunt wished us good night and went home. We too thought it was getting late so returned home. After saying good night to everyone Ravi and I went to our room. After changing when I was preparing bed he came and asked me if I saw his gift. In my happiness I forgot all about it. I immediately took it out of my bag and was about to open when he said that this is the best gift I could think about for you. I was curious to know what it is. I thought before opening his gift I would tell me about my pregnancy.

‘Ravi, I have something important to tell you.’

No Neelima. You have said what you had to yesterday and I am not interested in hearing anything else.

Please Ravi. Don’t say like that. It is a very important matter. I am…

Stop it. Whatever it is you want to say I am not interested.

Please Ravi. Listen to what I have to say. I am….

I have heard enough Neelima. I don’t want to anymore. I gave you a chance to say whatever you wanted to say. That is all. Don’t expect anything else from me.

Please Ravi. Tell me what I should do so that you will hear me out. I will do anything you say.

Anything? Are you sure?

Yes Ravi. Anything you say. Please give me a chance. I don’t want this tension in our house. I want happiness back in our lives.

Ok. Then open the gift I have given you.

I quickly did as he said. I was shocked to see them.

You said you will do whatever I ask you to. So now you know what is it I want you to do. Don’t you? He took the watch from his hand and threw it on my face and said, “I don’t want anything given by you in my life.”

He left the room and I sat by the window all night. The next day morning I have noticed that he was nowhere to be seen. When I asked my MIL she said that he went out on some work and will come straight to the office. I got ready and went to the office. Whenever I got a chance I went to his cubicle and tried to talk to him but he didn’t say a word.

It’s been a week since this happened. One morning when I was getting ready Vandita came into my room and started speaking in a disgusting way about small things. I tried to control myself from the start and ignored her, even tried to get out of the room but she when she started talking wrongly about my parents, even about their demise I couldn’t hold back myself anymore. I wanted to slap her hard on face but I felt it disgusting even to touch her.

“You are the most heinous person I have ever seen.” I said and before she could retaliate I opened the door and left for office. When I came back home I have noticed that Ravi started ignoring me. I was worried about the changes that are taking place. For deviating my mind from all the tensions I went to my home (my parent’s house that is my true home now. No one at my in-laws house likes me except my BIL who treats me as his own sister even today) and spent some time in cleaning the dust and trimming the rose plants. I got a phone call from Srinath uncle. He said that a Parsi couple is looking for a house for rent for their son and daughter-in-law and when he mentioned about my parent’s house they said that it matches their picture of house. So they are coming to have a look at the house right now. I told him that I am here and will show them around myself he told me to take half day leave and do things peacefully. I thanked him and waited for the couple in the hall. After half an hour they arrived. I showed them around and immediately they said that they like it and are willing to take it. They assured me that they will take of the house and not to worry about a single thing. I was happy that I am giving to a nice couple. They said their kids will shift after one month as they have to clear a few things in their previous job location.

I relaxed for some time in my garden and then went to office. I saw that Ravi was in his cubicle and discussing about something with his group members. I went to see Srinath sir and told him that the Parsi couple liked the house and said that they will shift in a month time.

Thank you so much uncle. It is a huge help.

Don’t mention it child. You are like our own daughter. We can’t see you struggling. Neelima, I wanted to ask you a few things from a long time.

What is it uncle?

Is everything ok between you and Ravi? Have you cleared the misunderstandings you were talking about?

Yes uncle.

One more thing dear, I couldn’t help but notice that you have become very slim in the last few days. I even heard it from your group that you are not taking lunch and working non-stop from the moment you enter into the office till you leave. What is the matter? Please tell me. May be I could help you in some way.

No uncle everything is alright. You are the first person I would approach if I need any sort of help. I promise you that.

Good. Take care dear.

I went back to my cubicle as Ravi was still busy.

Though I made myself busy with work my mind was revolving around what has happened between me and Ravi, the words Vandita spoke. I came to senses when I felt like I would collapse. I finished my work quickly and went to see the doctor. After checkup she warned me that if I don’t take care of myself and keep myself away from tensions then there is a huge chance that I will lose my child. I assured the doctor that I will be careful in future.

I went back home. When I rang the bell my BIL opened the door. The house was very peaceful. I asked him ‘where is everyone?’

He said that MIL and Vandita went for some shopping just now and Ravi called to inform that he will be late as he has a lot of work. This was my last chance. I thought I would take his help in setting things right. So I said, “That’s wonderful news bhaiya. It’s been a long time we sat peacefully and spoke to each other.”

Yes, you are right. Come on we will have some juice while chit chatting.

We both went to the dining room and started talking about his job while having juice. I asked him, “Why don’t you change to another department so that you wouldn’t have to go on trips frequently?” He laughed and said that even Vandita asked the same thing and that he has tried his level best to change the department but his transfer request was rejected. He said that he even tried to find another job but the allowances and salary was not satisfactory. So dropped the idea altogether. We spoke about some other topics and during our conversation he mentioned that he loves Vandita and can’t live without her. He also said that he can’t see tears in her eyes. I was shocked to hear that Vandita said that she would die if she has to live without him. I couldn’t tell the truth about her. I don’t have proof. After all is that not the reason why I am not able to prove to my husband and MIL that I am innocent. What will I say if my BIL asks for proof?

Still I couldn’t let him get cheated like this so I was in a dilemma if I should tell him and if yes, then how to tell him. I couldn’t decide anything. Meanwhile, both our phones rang and we went to attend them. The phone call was from Mr. Smith. He called to clarify some doubt related to the project I am handling. After giving him all the details when I was about to hung the phone he asked me if I have made any decision regarding the job offer as Mr. Daniel wanted to know about it. I wanted to ‘No’ as usual but I remembered my doctor’s warning and all that has happened till date then told him that I would love to work for their company. He felt happy and said that he will pass on the info to Mr. Daniel and would send a mail regarding the procedure. I asked him when I can start my work. He said that whenever I choose to.

Sir, I want to start my new job on 24[SUP]th[/SUP] December. Is it ok?

Yes Neelima. But you have only one month time. Can you finish your present project before that time?

Yes sir, I will work extra shift if I have to but I want to be in Sweden by 24[SUP]th[/SUP] December morning.

Ok then I will inform the same to Mr. Daniel and will call back tomorrow.

I went to bed after making a mental note of things that have to be done before my departure. The next day I went to office early had my breakfast in the canteen (yes, I wanted my health back. I can’t lose my child for any reason) and then went to Srinath uncle’s cabin and informed him about the decision I took regarding my job. He said that he has received a mail just now from Mr. Smith regarding your decision to join their company.

You didn’t mention it when we met yesterday?
    That’s because taking up this new job was not present in my mind at that time. Uncle you will forgive me. Won’t you?

What’s there to forgive? I wanted you to take this job from the moment I heard it from Mr. Daniel. But it was your life and your decision. So I didn’t say a word.

Thank you uncle for understanding me and standing by my side. Mr. Smith told me that he will send me a mail regarding formalities and procedures. Just then the phone rang and uncle handed over the phone to me and said that it is for me.

Hello.

Hello Neelima. Good morning. I have great news for you. Mr. Daniel was very happy to hear about your decision. Congratulations dear. You can start your new job from 24[SUP]th[/SUP] December. I couldn’t help but notice that 24[SUP]th[/SUP] December is your birthday. Don’t you want to spend it with your family and friends?

Sir, I would like to start a new life on that day. That’s all I can tell you now.

Ok dear. As you wish. You have to resign before you accept our offer. I have explained everything to Mr. Srinath. He will tell you about it. I am sending you the appointment letter through mail. Send me the confirmation as soon as you can so that I can finish the rest of the formalities here. Bye Neelima. Take care and have a nice day.

Bye sir. Thank you. Have a nice day.

After learning all that I have to do from Uncle I have given him my resignation as mentioned and asked him if he would do me a favor by collecting my house rent every month from the Mehta family (the parsi family who agreed to take my house for rent). He said he would.

Then I went back to my cubicle and sent a confirmation letter to Mr. Smith and then told my team members that we have to finish the work before 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] December under any circumstances that too without any errors. They all agreed to this and we started our work. I asked uncle to give me permission to work extra shift so that I can finish the job on time. He was reluctant to this at first but agreed after some persuasion. In the evening after the packing the things I went to book my ticket but was getting a reply from everywhere that the flights are full. So I immediately called Mr. Smith and informed him the condition. He told me not to worry as they have a company broker who would definitely get it for me. I will call you back as soon as I hear from him. You just start your packing. Leave this to me.

I thanked him and went home and informed my family members while having dinner that I have to work extra shift as the project has to be completed early (I didn’t tell them about my Sweden journey as I understood by then that they don’t care about me). My BIL asked if it is necessary to work two shifts. When I answered in affirmative he told me to take proper care of health and not neglect it. I promised I will and after finishing my dinner I went to sleep. I have decided that my health is top priority now. I will take proper diet and will take a nap whenever I can so that I will feel fresh and my child will feel relaxed too.

Next few days went by quickly. I went to morning shift and after that came back home and after taking a few hours rest went back to office to attend night shift and the work was almost done. On 20[SUP]th[/SUP] December I got a phone call from Mr. Mehta that they are willing to shift on 26[SUP]th[/SUP] December and would give the advance on 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] for sure. I agreed and hung the phone. In the evening I went to my parent’s house and collected all my belongings like photographs, dresses, etc… and went home. I packed all these things neatly in one suitcase, locked it and kept it aside. I called uncle and informed him about the phone call from Mr. Mehta and told him what are the things that I have brought along with me and what are the things I left back in the house (because I was giving fully furnished house for rent). He told me not to worry and he will keep an eye on the house.

I went into kitchen took an apple and some milk and came and sat down in the hall while having it. Ravi passed by and stopped when he saw me drinking milk (I hate drinking milk. I would make a face if I have to. He saw me doing that when I was admitted in the hospital when I met with an accident before marriage). His surprised look made me think that he will ask some question. Atleast then I would be able to give a last shot at telling him about my pregnancy without any harsh words as he is the one who has started the conversation. You think I am becoming egoistic? No. I didn’t want to risk my child’s life for anyone or anything. That’s all. My child is all that is left in my life, my one and only reason to stay alive.

By 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] morning the project work was completed successfully and we did a double check for errors. After it is confirmed that there are no errors we have submitted the project. We all decided to celebrate the successful completion of work in the evening. I said I was busy but since my teammates insisted I agreed to go with them. After all I too need a break after such hectic work. So we all went out to celebrate and after that while we were returning home Kavya and Snigdha asked me about my birthday plans. I said I didn’t think about it yet and changed the topic.

When I reached home everyone was present at the dining table. It was my MIL who asked me if I have to go to office again. I was surprised because this is the first time she was talking to me like that after that incident. I said that my project work is over and I don’t have to go to office. Then while having dinner she informed me that my BIL, Ravi and Vandita are accompanying her to Tirupati to fulfill the vow she took for my BIL’s marriage. Since you were busy I didn’t get a chance to ask you so I haven’t booked a ticked for you. I asked when and how they are planning to go. She said that they will go by tomorrow’s train at 10.45 PM. (Which means they will have to start at 10 as it takes 30 to 35 minutes to reach the station if there is no heavy traffic) I wished them a safe journey and said that I would have accompanied them to the station but have some work so won’t be able to make it home by the time they leave. They said it’s ok. When I was about to leave my BIL asked me if we could go out for lunch the next day. I agreed and went to bed.

On 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] I was waiting eagerly for Mr. Smith’s phone call. He called me as promised and told me that my ticket is confirmed and that he will inform the time in a few minutes. My MIL and Vandita went for some last minute shopping; my BIL and Ravi went to office. I was all alone in the house I have finished my packing checked everything for one last time and sat near the window and started writing letter to Ravi.

Dear Ravi,
    When you asked me to promise that I won’t leave you I said that I will be there in your life as long as you want me. I never thought that you would want me to leave. When you actually said those words I couldn’t believe my ears. I thought you were angry that is why you were saying these things. I thought if I give you some time to cool down you will think about what you said and will say that you didn’t mean it. But nothing of that sort has happened. I told you the truth Ravi. I tried my level best to prove that I am innocent. It is my bad luck that I couldn’t. Time will definitely show you guys that I was saying the truth all the while. I am sure of it. You can’t hide the truth for long. I hope you will stop hating me then.

I have realized it recently that you were feeling like a prisoner in jail by being married to me. I am setting you free forever from this relationship Ravi. I signed the papers you gave me as a wedding gift. If you need my signatures on any more papers just send them through mail. I will sign them and send them back to you. Take care of yourself and the family.
    Love you like always.
    Neelima.

After I finished writing the letter I carefully placed it in my bag. It was 2.30 already. I wore a turquoise colored chiffon gown with 3/4[SUP]th[/SUP] sleeves and wore a simple chain with my mother’s heart shaped locket. It was my last get together with my family so I wanted to wear a special dress. I got a phone call from Mr. Mehta.

I am ready with the advance money madam. Where can we meet?

I am going out with my family for lunch. I will give you the address. Can you bring it there? Sorry for the trouble I am causing you. I gave him the address of the hotel where we are going.

“No problem madam. I will meet you there.” Saying this he hung the phone.

I went into hall and when the bell rang I opened the door. My MIL, BIL, Vandita and Ravi were back at the same time. They went in, freshened up and we all went to the hotel together.

to be continued.....

3 people like this.
  7. daisy2015

continuation of part 20......

After finding a comfortable spot we all settled down. I was not at all feeling hungry. This is the last time I am seeing Ravi. I wanted to make this day to be the happiest day so that whenever I remember his face I want to see his smiling face. When the waiter came everyone has ordered their favorite items. It was my turn. I told him that I will order after some time. He went to bring our orders. Meanwhile Mr. Mehta reached the hotel and called me from outside. I told him where I was so he came in and handed me the money and took the house keys. After he was gone my BIL asked who he was and why he has given me money and took some keys in return. I told him that I have given my parent’s house to him on rent. He came here to give advance and to take the house keys.

I kept the money in my purse. The waiter has brought the items ordered by us and a glass of milk and vegetable sandwich for me. I told the waiter that I didn’t order anything and he must have brought it by mistake. “Madam has ordered this for you.” Saying this he turned to show me who it was. I saw that Srinath uncle and kamala aunty were having lunch just two tables away from us. I was both happy and afraid seeing them here. Happy because I am able to meet them before leaving India; afraid because they may mention my trip to Sweden infront of my family. I didn’t want anyone except uncle and aunty to know where I am going. So I waved them nervously. I guess they understood my fear and signaled me to smile. I was thankful to them for being so kind to me. I smiled and nodded and turned to my family. I finished the sandwich and took the glass of water to drink when I phone rang. I stopped my hand midway and attended the call as it was from Mr. Smith.

Hello Neelima.

Hello. (I was crossing my fingers. Please let it be good news.)

I have called to inform you that your ticket is confirmed. As requested by you the broker has sent it to Mr. Srinath’s house just now. All you have to do is go and collect it from there. I hope you have finished your packing.

Yes sir. I did and I will collect it. Thank you. When I lifted my head I realized that everyone was looking at me and there was pin drop silence at our table. I didn’t realize till then that my hand was shaking. I carefully placed the glass on the table and got lost in thoughts. So the time has come. This is it. It’s all over. I came out of my thoughts when my BIL was scolding me for being careless and was beckoning the waiter to bring first aid kit immediately. It was then when I saw what was happening. When I was giving reply to Mr. Smith and was lost in painful reality I unconsciously crushed the glass in my hand. All the broken glass pieces with my blood were infront of me. Ravi was viewing me with surprise on his face. He helped my BIL in the first aid and bandaged my hand. In the meanwhile both uncle and aunt came near me and were asking me what happened. The waiter came to clean the mess.

I am sorry I have caused you so much trouble. I told to everyone including the waiter. He smiled an understanding smile and said, “It’s ok madam. Such things happen all the time. Don’t worry.”

Uncle and aunt scolded me for being careless. I felt like my own parents were…….

After giving assurance that I will go to a doctor and will get it checked they said bye to me and my family and left. Once again I apologized to my family for spoiling their happy mood and finished my lunch. I bid goodbye to them all and left to the hospital as promised and got the cut checked. The doctor prescribed an injection and gave me some medicines. From there I went to uncle’s house to collect my ticket. After some casual chit-chat I asked them both to promise me that they would never let anyone know where I went. They got disturbed by my weird request and asked me what was wrong.

I will tell you some other time uncle and aunty. I promise you that. Please don’t force me now. I am not in a position to say anything now. Please, please, please promise me that you will not let anyone know where I am no matter what happens and who wants to know. Please. Promise me.

Ok dear, if you insist. We know you pretty well. Unless there is a strong reason you don’t ask such promise. So, yes we promise we won’t tell about your whereabouts to anyone. No matter who the person is, whatever the reason might be. Be tension free. Here is your ticket Neelima.

Thank you uncle and aunty. I will contact you as soon as I reach there.

We are coming to the airport with you dear.

No, please I don’t like airport farewells. Don’t worry about me. I will be fine. I promise I will stay in touch. I have to go now I have a few tasks to complete.

Ok. Take care dear.

I will. Bye.

By the time I reached home my family members were about to leave. My BIL asked me why I was late. I told him that I went to the hospital and then to Srinath sir’s house on some work.

“I thought I won’t see you before leaving,” he said.

How can I let that happen? You are a wonderful brother any girl can ever have. Take care of yourself and the family always. I am glad I met you in this life. I am truly blessed to have you as my brother.

Why are you talking like that, as if you are going somewhere?

I was just wishing you luck and a happy journey. That’s all. Now, you should start for the station or else you will miss the train.

They all said bye and left. It was 10.05 PM. I went into my bed room and checked the travel list packed all the last minute things and placed the envelope along with the engagement and wedding ring on the reading table and the jewellery and others things gifted by Ravi in the wardrobe and had a last look at the room and the house, called a taxi and locked the house and gave the keys to Mrs. Iyer and asked her to give them to Ravi when he returns as I am going out on work.

I went downstairs before she could ask me any more questions and when the taxi arrived I left for the airport.

I called uncle and aunty before checking in and boarded the plane. After the flight landed in Sweden I took a deep breath and told myself that it’s a new life and a new start (me and my child). With a smile on my face I collected my luggage and met Mr. Smith. On our way he informed me that I was given shared accommodation for the time being and my roommate Ananya is also from India. She is working in our office for the last three years. You have met her during your first trip to Sweden. You will remember her when you see her. She is a nice girl, disciplined and friendly too. I am sure you two will get along well. If you need anything just tell me. Ok?

Yes sir, I will. Thank you.

Take some rest and freshen up. I will come and pick you up. We will go to my house. From the moment they came to know that you have joined our company and will stay here they were waiting eagerly to meet you. Sharon insisted that she will come to the airport but she had a last minute appointment to attend to and my wife is busy preparing the welcome feast. They both insisted that you should stay with us during your stay in Sweden. But it is against company rules. So, I had to go against my family wish and bring you here.

No problem sir. Besides I would be staying here for a long time. So I will come and meet them whenever possible. Thank you for all your help.

After a month when I called uncle and aunty to talk to them (as I have promised during my departure that I will stay in touch) I came to know that Ravi has asked uncle if he knows anything about where I am. When I heard this I couldn’t breathe or utter a single word until uncle told me that he denied by saying that he has no idea. I gave a sigh of relief and asked him when did this happen? He said that this incident took place just yesterday. Ravi said that you have left a letter in his name but haven’t mentioned anything where you are going in it. He has been searching for you for the last 15 days. He has become thin and is doing silly mistakes in his job and looks like he is lost in an ocean of pain. I thought you have mentioned about your new job to your family members. In normal condition I would have told him about your whereabouts but since I have promised you I kept my mouth shut. You have not done right Neelima. Please let me tell him about you.

No uncle, you promised you wouldn’t say no matter what happens and who asks. I am not ready yet to tell the reason behind this decision of mine. But one day I will. Please till then don’t let anyone know where I am. Once you know the reason you will understand why I did this. Trust me. Please.

Ok Neelima. I won’t break my promise under any circumstances. I assure you that.

After this phone call I went into depression no matter how hard I tried to keep it away by becoming workaholic. It’s been 2 months since I came to Sweden. I am 6 months pregnant and it was shock to Mr.Smith and his family and to Srinath uncle and Kamala aunty when they came to know that I was pregnant when I decided to move to Sweden. It was then that uncle and aunt were informed by Mr. Smith about my pregnancy and the condition in which I am. They came to Sweden to see me and talk to me. After checkup the doctor insisted on talking to uncle and aunt in private. So I went outside and waited for them.

Later they came and told me that my doctor has advised to take me to another doctor regarding some small problem. I didn’t ask them any questions and went with them and after checkup when I looked at her with worried eyes she said that my child is okay and there is nothing to worry about. She has then prescribed some medicines and told me to take them without forgetting. I assured her that I will do as she said and went back to my apartment along with uncle and aunty. From the moment I came out of the examination room I noticed that uncle and aunty were looking shocked and worried.

I asked them why they are looking shocked and worried they said that it is because they have come to know about my pregnancy all of a sudden and that they are staying so far away from me that they can’t be there for me immediately if I need someone’s help. My eyes were filled with tears and I told them to stop worrying about me as Mr. Smith and his family is keeping an eye on me from the moment they came to know that I am pregnant. They even insisted that I should come and stay with them. It was I who wanted to stay in this apartment. Besides I am not alone. Ananya is there. You spoke to her twice remember?

Yes, we do. Such a nice, caring and friendly girl. Why don’t you come back with us and live with us in our house?

No aunty. I am happy here. I don’t want to come back to India. Please don’t ask me why. I can’t tell you. They didn’t insist and after spending a few days with me they went back to India.

It has been 15 days since uncle and aunty went back to India. I felt like talking to someone close to my heart and called them at home. While talking to them I felt dizzy and fainted. When I came back to consciousness I saw that I was in some new place and Ravi was seated in the sofa near the window and drowsing. I thought I must be dreaming because there is no way he can find out that I am living here.

“I must be going mad,” I said.

Hearing me talk the nurse who came to check my vitals ran to inform the doctor. As soon as he heard the doctor’s voice Ravi came near me and stood beside me while the doctor was examining me.

Your husband loves you a lot Mrs. Neelima. He didn’t agree to leave the room even for a second. He fought with the management to stay here with you.

What!!! He is really here? It is not possible. Who told him about me? After the doctor went outside Ravi came near me and took hold of my hands and apologized for not believing me.

I know I don’t deserve it still I beg of you please forgive me Neelu. It was huge mistake to not trust you and stand by your side when you were facing problems. Please give me one last chance to make it up to you. Come with me to India. Please Neelu. Come back. I will never hurt you. I will never give you a chance to repent your decision of returning to India. Please come back.

No Ravi. I am not coming back neither now nor in the future. I have decided to stay here in Sweden forever. Go back to your home Ravi.

No. I won’t go without you. If you won’t come then I will come to Sweden, find a job and settle down along with you and my kid.

No Ravi I don’t want to separate you from your mother and other family members. Go back. You can’t leave BIL and MIL alone. Go back to your family.

Mom is no more Neelima.

What? When did this happen? Why ….? How…..?

Tarun got some work in Vizag and went there from Tirupati. He said that he will come after completing the work so we gave him the house keys. Mom, vandita and I returned home after staying for one more day. After we returned from our trip we saw that the house was locked. When I went to take keys from Mrs. Iyer she told me that you have gone somewhere on work. I thought maybe you went to your parent’s house from there. I have noticed that mom was looking upset. When I asked her what the matter was she didn’t give a reply and went straight to her room. She was acting strange even when we were in Tirupati. I went into kitchen and took a glass of orange juice for her and went to her room. As I was opening the door I saw that she was looking at family photo and crying. When I entered she quickly wiped her tears and gave me a weak smile. When I insisted she said that she has done a huge mistake. When I asked her what it was she kept silent for some time and asked, “Where I Neelima?”

I was surprised that she was enquiring about you. I said that you went out on work. After that I went into our room and saw that all the things I have gifted you were present in the wardrobe and I saw the engagement ring and wedding ring were on the table. When I went to pick it up I noticed the envelope. I saw that you have signed the papers and left a letter for me. I started reading your letter when Vandita came into my room and locked the door. I was shocked to see this. I quickly got up and asked her what she was doing in my room at this time of hour and why has she closed the door. She came near me and saw the divorce papers with your sign on them and tried to seduce me. I pushed her away and went for the door and opened it. She quickly covered the tracks and took hold of my hand and said….

I love you Ravi. Why are you running away from me?

I pushed her away and said, “Have you gone mad Vandita? You are my brother’s wife. How can you say such nasty things to me?”

No Ravi. I have always been in love with you. It was you whom I wanted to marry. Please don’t go away from me.

Stop it.

She again took hold of my hand and said, “Why? What is the problem? Now that Neelima has signed the divorce papers we are free to get married. I will give divorce to your brother and we will settle down together someplace else.”

How can you even say that? I tried to get away from her but she was nearer and nearer to me. So I dragged her into the hall and shouted on her to stay away from me. Hearing my voice mom came into the hall quickly. As my back was towards her room I didn’t notice her coming. So I continued saying, “Sister-in-law occupies the same position as mother. How can you act like this?”

Why don’t you like me now? You were all sweet with me all these days. you even went against your wife to support me. Now what happened? Why are you acting as if you don’t love me?

That’s because I don’t.

You think I am a fool? I know you love me. it is for our love I made Neelima leave you.

What did you say just now? What did you do to her?

Hahaha…. The moment I entered the house I started creating gap between you two, even between her and the rest of the family. Ofcourse I agree I couldn’t spoil the brother sister relation between your stupid brother and Neelima. But I succeeded in making you people hate her.

Remember the first time she complained that she has called you but I didn’t tell you. Yes, she was saying the truth. I did it intentionally.

But when I asked you said that you forgot and apologized for that.

Why wouldn’t I? I came into this house for you. Why would I lose you for a small mistake in my plan? So I apologized to gain your confidence. Then that day when she came into the kitchen to cook a special dish for you…. She didn’t say any of those things which I accused her of. I made that up and told you people in such a way that you would believe me completely. So when she came back she didn’t even get a chance to defend herself. Poor little thing she got the first shock of her life. But I must admit she had courage.

When she came back from office and we were alone she asked me why I have lied and I told her that I fell in love with your photo. I was supposed to be your wife not her. She is the one who came in the middle. So to achieve you I have married your elder brother Tarun. I even told her that she can’t prove any of this. I even told her that you people won’t believe a single word she will say because you trust me blindly. She challenged me that she will prove me wrong and will expose me. Before she says or does anything her bad luck and my good luck that her parents met with the accident. So she rushed to Chennai without saying another word.

But you were hurt and were lying in the kitchen bleeding. When we asked who did this to you, you saud that it is Neelima.

Yes, that was part of my plan. She didn’t lay a finger on me. I took advantage of the situation and hurt myself and blamed her for that. As usual you fools believed every word I said.

So whatever she said was true?

Not bad. She is not as dumb as I thought her to be. So she did defend herself.

It was all part of my plan. I lied to you when I said that I can’t see you and your brother’s relationship spoiled. I wanted to have a grip on all of you that is why I asked you to keep your brother away from this matter.

It was such fun seeing her apologizing to me. When she saw me grinning I thought she would say your brother everything that has happened. But my luck was on my side. When I saw that she didn’t mention anything that has happened I knew that that idiot would do all that is in her hands to protect your brother from getting hurt. But when I heard the phone conversation and after that heard that her parents died. I felt a little pity on her. I didn’t disturb her for few days.

But this didn’t mean I would give you up. No way. I was planning carefully how to turn you against her one more time but she turned out to be an intelligent fellow. She changed her shift to yours so that you both will spend more time together.

But my good luck came to my aid and she had to go to Sweden on office work. I made good use of this opportunity and told you that Neelima is planning to say things about me blah, blah, blah. Like always you believed me and turned against her. Is that then when you asked her for divorce?

Divorce? What is she talking about Ravi?

Mom, it’s nothing I will tell you later.

Oh no Ravi! You want to keep your mother in the dark? My dear MIL let me tell you…..yes Ravi has asked Neelima for divorce and she has signed the papers also. If I am not wrong she left this house forever. Just like I wanted.

You evil witch you think you won? No, I will tell Tarun about you. I heard you talking to your parents on phone when we were in Tirupati. I knew it then and there what games you have played against Neelima. I blame myself for not giving her a chance to say a word in her defence. She was the one who took care of husband when he was sick and she was the one who took care of me and brought me out of the depression. How could I forget that and blame her for doing such preposterous things? I can never forgive myself for what I have done.

No mom it is not your fault it was my fault.

“No, actually it is my fault that she left.” Said Tarun.

Tarun when did you come?

I came long back. I tried your phone it was ringing but didn’t answer it so it went to voice mail. I thought of leaving a message and opened the door and entered inside. When I was about say something I heard your voices. I heard everything she said and the rest. I never thought that Neelima was thinking of taking my help. It was I who said that I can’t live without this woman. She was about to ask me something but then she left it unsaid. It was my mistake that she left the house.

I couldn’t understand it when she said all those things during farewell. She has decided to go away from this house and us. That is why she told me to take care of the family. as for you Vandita I am filling for divorce first thing in the morning.

Huh… like I said before to Neelima. You can’t prove anything. I don’t want to stay with you anyway. I would have given a divorce happily but now I want big alimony.

“No. you are wrong. I do have proof. Want to see. Here listen… he then dialed the voice mail center and we heard that everything she said was recorded. I am going to produce this as a proof and you can’t prove it wrong.” Said Tarun. After this we called the police station and filed case against vandita and her family. The police came and arrested her and took her away. When we turned to console mom we saw that she lying on the floor dead. We took her to hospital but they said that it was a massive heart attack and she died immediately.

Tarun is fighting divorce case and we are positive that we will get the decree soon.

I went to your parent’s house to apologize to you but you were not there. It was then that I remembered that you have given your house for rent. I tried to find out where you were. I asked all your friends. I even asked Srinath sir if he had any idea about where you were. He said that he has no idea. I didn’t know where to search you. One day when I went to Srinath sir’s house I accidentally heard him and his wife mentioning your name. I couldn’t move a step. I stood where I was and kept listening. Kamala madam was blaming herself for not recognizing that you were pregnant when she met you on anniversary celebration. I was shocked hear this. Then I realized that this was what you wanted to tell me that day and I have behaved like an animal. You kept requesting me to give you one last chance and hear you out but I didn’t.

From their conversation I came to know that you went into depression and to save you and your kid they had to take you to a doctor to hypnotize you so that you will let go of all your pain. They both were shocked after hearing to what you said in that state. They blamed themselves for not finding out that something was bothering you. During their conversation they mentioned Mr. Smith’s name. I thought where does he fit into all this? Just then the phone rang and on Kamala madam’s request sir put the phone on speaker. I heard that you have fainted and are admitted in the hospital. He also said that your life is at risk. I didn’t waste a single second after that I took the immediate flight and came here. As I already know the hospital name I came straight to this place. They didn’t allow me in to see you. But put up a big fight after which they in. I have been here all the time and waiting and praying for you to gain consciousness.

We heard someone asking about me and we both turned to see who it was. When I saw uncle and aunt I felt happy. They saw that Ravi was there and Srinath sir asked how he found out where I was. I told him that it doesn’t matter now and that it is ok.

How are my dear?

I am absolutely fine uncle. Thanks to Ravi, I am free from pain now. Don’t worry I am going to be alright.

Uncle and aunt exchanged glances and left us alone tactfully.

So will you please come with me?

No Ravi. It is my final decision. When life gave me an ultimatum of ‘take it or leave it’ when I went to a state where my child’s life was at stake because of my heart ache I have opted for ‘take it’ this time instead of ‘leave it’. That is the reason why I took this job and am here. My child’s life is top priority for me. I don’t want to risk it at any cost for anyone. Not even for you. I am sorry Ravi.

He didn’t anything but I could see the pain in his eyes. Next day when I was discharged he signed all the discharge papers, settled the bill and took me to Mr. Smith’s house. I tried to persuade them that I would stay in the apartment but they didn’t agree. So I have shifted to their house. After dropping me there Ravi said bye to us all and left.

It’s been five and half months since this incident happened. Sharon and I were playing with my two month old cute little angel Anirudh in my room. Mrs. Smith came to inform that a surprise is waiting for me in the hall. Holding Anirudh close to my heart I went into the hall to see what the surprise was.

It is truly a surprise. There on the sofa was Tarun and Ravi. I was happy to bhaiyya after a long time. They both came near me and looking at me and Anirudh bhaiyya asked….

Hello Neelima. How are you and what is this cute little angel’s name?

I am fine bhaiyya. His name is Anirudh. I gave Anirudh to my BIL. While watching the cute smile my angel was giving us all he told me that he has come to take me home. I said that I don’t want to go back to that place where I faced so much pain. He said that Ravi has informed him about it and that I don’t have to go back to India as they have moved to Sweden and have bought a house here so that we can all live together like before. He said that he has applied for a job in Sweden and he got it with good salary with a condition that i should be willing to do night shift. i agreed and got the job. Ravi also got a job here in Sweden same shift as yours.

Please come with us Neelima. Won’t you listen to your brother’s request?

Even Ravi pleaded me to give him one last chance. I saw that he was genuinely feeling guilt for what he did. So I gave in. I thanked Mr. Smith and his family for being there for me all the way and took Anirudh and went happily along with my husband and BIL to our new home.

4 people like this.
  8. lovely1988

lovely1988 Silver IL'ite

Wow. Super ending.. I loved it. Enjoyed reading the entire story. Please keep writing more..:2thumbsup:

9. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

hai daisy h r u ? i was busy in work so could not read the post, today i read all your post it was super, but in ending post u describe her condition in such a way by reading the post i was in tears ...... good work..... expecting more stories from u.

10. daisy2015

hello srilaxmi. i am fine. thank you. how r u?

i am happy to know that you liked it.