1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My mother staying in our house

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by kshema, Aug 28, 2015.

1. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I am staying near to my mother's house, after delivery I didn't go to their house, because house is small and difficult to manage for them. So my mother came to my house for postpartum. Here only me and my husband, in-laws staying in native. Now my baby is one and half year, still my mother is staying with us. My mother is central government employee, father retired and younger sister is working.
    My problem is now I left the job,father and sister coming for breakfast, lunch dinner to my house, I love my parents, but I don't know what my husband is thinking about them, house expenses became almost double now. He is the only person earning, we have no property from both sides of parents. We can't save any money now. And other problem is my mother have some financial issues, she has given money to some body, they are not returning, and had given shoority for somebody like this. She have lots of tension, I do all d house work, she prepares dinner, she shoutes on me in front of my husband, she comes from office with anger, weekly twice or thrice we have some arguments always. I am fed up with these things. My mother helped me a lot and she loves my baby too much. I took love her, but this fighting arguments made me to write this. I am thinking of shifting to some other place near to my husband's office, he's traveling for one and half hour to office.
    Please give me suggestions can we shift to some other place just to stop this arguments and fighting. I love my Parents , I am feeling like crying to stay away from them.please help

2. anjish

anjish Silver IL'ite

Hello dear...
    You have already given answer to your problem. It is best to shift some other place because it always better to take a step before it gets worse.

2 people like this.
  3. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Yes, move close to his office, say ur mom that he doesn't want to travel that far.

5. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Kashmiriflower. Yes I will tell my mother that he can't travel that much daily.

6. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Better to move so that things will be better and you can avoid unwanted arguments.
    Explain this to your mother when she is in a good mood so that things are smoothly handled.

7. yukthasri

yukthasri Bronze IL'ite

Move to a place closeby to your H's work. Visit parents often.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Even flowers when crushed frequently do not smell the same, infact some of them start stinking. Same is the case with relationships. Talk to your husband, decide about moving closer to the office and ask him to convey the same when all of you are present instead of one of you doing the dirty job. Be a team and move away without hard feelings all around.

p.s. Is there are possibility that the financial crunch is too much for your parents .

1 person likes this.
  9. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Have an open discussion with your mother, thank her for her help but now the situation has changed and she cannot live with you any more.

10. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

Moving away from your parents does not in any way mean that you love them any less... so don't feel guilty and do what should be done.

your husband and child are your primary responsibility. Your mom having financial problems should be tackled seperately. Do assist if your own resources allow you. But that need not necessarily mean you all living under one roof.

1 person likes this.