1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny - part 4

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by daisy2015, Jul 31, 2015.

1. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

“You look beautiful” Grandmother was looking at my image in the mirror. I turned to face her and gave a happy smile which I was not at all feeling inside. She came near me and holding my hand guided me to the room where everyone was chitchatting. After all the formalities completed mom took me and the to-be groom into the garden in the front to have a chat with each other and left us there.

As this was the first time I was interacting with someone who isn’t a family member or a friend I felt very shy to even look at him.

WHY THE HELL AM I FEELING SHY? I DON’T EVEN WANT TO GET MARRIED. I was furious at my own unknown shyness.

Hi! My name is Pranav. May I know your name?

What???!! You don’t even know my name and are here with marriage proposal? I wanted to shout at him but realizing that it would be rude to say that to him I just said….. Deepika.

Oh! What a lovely name. Pointing to the chairs he said, “Shall we sit down?”

His voice was soft and attractive. I couldn’t resist myself any longer and lifted my head to look at his face. My eyes were arrested by his grey eyes. I blushed and turned my head to see the flowers swinging in the cool breeze. It was so embarrassing. Never in my life have I blushed this way and now…. Giving warning to myself I was still looking at the garden in front of us when I was forced to turn my head by his words.

“I told my parents that it would be uncomfortable for the girl to talk to a stranger like this but they didn’t listen to me.” He was saying with such care and concern on his face that I felt at ease immediately. From then we started talking like we have been friends for ages about various topics and everytime I found that our likes and dislikes, thoughts were alike. I felt very happy.

His mother came into the garden and told him that it was getting late so they better start moving now. Only then did we realize that we have been talking for hours. Leaving him to say bye she started moving towards the house.

So…. Deepu , is it ok if I send a mail or drop a message or call you sometime??

Hearing him call my name like that I blushed and nodded my head saying Yes.

We went inside and said bye to each other and they left for their house I was surrounded by my family and they were looking at me eagerly for my reply. GOD!!! I felt so uncomfortable and shy looking into their eyes.

So…what do you say? It was my grandfather who broke the ice. I simply nodded my head and went inside. Everyone was happy and were congratulating each other and talking merrily. Just then my phone rang and there was a message from an unknown number. I opened it and saw that it was from Pranav saying that today was a wonderful day in his life and he would never forget it. I was surprised and happy to see his message.

Since he was my grandfather’s friend’s son no enquiry was made regarding their family and marriage was fixed. Since I said yes for marriage my mother didn’t mind my job trails. Yes…I didn’t give upon my dreams. After the marriage was fixed we went back to our home happy and contended. Little did we know then that we were being cheated.

Mom and I came to an agreement that I can continue my job trails but should follow the health and beauty regime decided by her. I said ok to that and was busy with my job hunt.

One day I received a call letter for interview and my joy knew no bounds. I gave my parents good news and preparing everything for the interview was the only thing that was on my mind until one day when we received a call from Pranav’s house stating that the day of interview was decided as the day for marriage. I was so deeply hurt and upset. I worked day and night to get this interview and now all the hard work is wasted?? I couldn’t bear the thought and started trails to convince my parents to change the date. I even called Pranav and told him the matter but to no use. He said he would have postponed it if it was possible but the pandit said that only this muhurat was good for both of us. If for any reason the marriage is not conducted now it should have to be postponed for one year as there is no good muhurat till then. Feeling bad and depressed when I was about to disconnect the phone Pranav said that I can continue my job trails after the marriage and that he would support me in my trails.

I felt better to know that he cares for my dreams and happily agreed for the marriage. I even informed my parents all about my conversation with Pranav and everyone felt happy and became busy in marriage arrangements, shopping and stuff.

On that auspicious muhurat the marriage was performed in-midst of all the friends and family members and after completing all the rituals we both went to his home.

1 person likes this.

2. springsnb

springsnb Gold IL'ite

good start @daisy2015

looks like story is interesting..... dont take too much gaps in your post.....
    all the best :welcome

3. daisy2015

Thank you springsnb. I will do my best. :)

4. yukthasri

yukthasri Bronze IL'ite

The story is going well. Keeping posting.

5. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

good n keep posting ........... what about cheating you mention ------ i think u kept the title destiny becos of that..... good

6. daisy2015

:thankyou2: Pls have patience. you will know about it in the coming chapters.:)

7. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Interesting......