Questions related to Mutual Funds

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by rachaputi, Aug 17, 2015.

1. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

@padmaja909

1. First of all, Thank you very much for Interest.

Different ways of finding it. Easy way is
    go to https://www.valueresearchonline.com/funds/

search for your fund name

The results should give you the "snapshot" and "category" of that fund is your fund type.

Never ever think about the POSITION OF MARKET because no one in the world knows it. The best way is, invest with SIP on "anyday" and go long more than 5 years. Any state of market should not affect you. Never look at the feelers. It is just Trash.

sir, We have few loans, personal and housing, which i want to disburse as soon as possible. can you please give some tips and guide me?

Thank you very much for Interest. No Sir please!!!! :)

Out of 2, personal loan should be cleared first as it have fixed high interest rate compared to Housing loan. Never try to look at the how source yet to be cleared but always look at what you can pay back of source along with EMI every month.
    Every penny you pay upfront will save interest for entire term and the results are outstanding.

I am not sure how to attach documents here. Can share some excels which should help you to plan your monthly expenses and plan properly the payback cycle for your loans.

Revert back if you have any questions
    Happy to help!!

Thanks
    Rachaputi & Thavva

2 people like this.
  2. rachaputi

@rohsiK

G-sec(Government securities) is a bond issued by the Government or Government organizations and the obligation on the Government is to pay back the original amount and accepted interest on the maturity. These will be sold only to organizations(Mutual Fund house) and not to individuals.

As they are backed by Government, the risk is very very less and obviously the returns are also less.
    Government usually uses this money to raise funds if it is short of like, building national highways, very big projects etc….

Let me know if u have further questions.

Thanks
    Rachaputi & Thavva

1 person likes this.
  3. rachaputi

@lavanyak1

What we can say, The followers like you driving me and Rachaputi. Readers motivated me to write, otherwise I was a pure speaker at different forums.

Fixed Maturity Plans are like fixed deposits in banks with Mutual Funds. But they have better tax efficiency compared to bank FD if the period is greater than 3 years. If the period is less than 3 years, both bank FD and FMPs are same.

How they work is, every FMP opens up with fixed maturity period and you need to invest with in the open period.
    After closing the investment cycle, it is not allowed to invest. On maturity you will get source + interest(usually 9 to 10%).

Coming to tax implications if the period is greater than 3 years, 3 years inflation rate(usually 6 to 9% --- means around 18 to 25%) deducted from interest earned(means if rate is 9%...then 27-27=0%). Meaning though we need to pay tax, after inflation deduction we end up paying nothing or very very less compared to bank FD.

Bank FD interest earned will be deducted straight away at your tax bracket irrespective of years of investment.

Summary: Invest in FMP if the time frame is greater than 3years and less than 3 years anything is same.

Hope it helps.

2 people like this.
  4. rachaputi

@yellowmango

Thanks for making your daughter going through this.

What she have should be in equity if that money do not requires in next 5 years and also teach her the risk involved with equity in short run.

Happy to help if you have any questions if I can.

Thank you very much.

Rachaputi & Thavva

2 people like this.
  5. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for the advice. Looking forward to the excel sheets for better understanding and planning.

6. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

@padmaja909 can you please share the excel sheet or PM me...i am not able to fine it

7. rohsiK

rohsiK Gold IL'ite

Thank you...how is SBI DFHI invest plus ?..... yes returns are low but i would like to know are there any special advantages one can enjoy by investing in such.....

1 person likes this.
  8. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

@adinil Its not yet shared by Mr.Thavva. I requested him to share it, so that we all can be benefited by them.

1 person likes this.
  9. lavanyak1

lavanyak1 New IL'ite

Thanks for the detailed info. If it suits more than 3 years, is not wise then put in equity? Just a thought.....

10. rachaputi

@padmaja909

Will attach the sheet sooner. Please wait..

1 person likes this.