1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Hobson's Choice!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 11, 2015.

1. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Cheeniya Sir..
    DOLO 650 & Crocin are harmless paracetamols.. and I pop them every now and then whenever I get a head ache.. and believe me till date I've not suffered from any of the exotic names of the diseases you have mentioned.. so next time when you have fever do pop a dolo650 remembering that I'm a living example of not yet DEAD!!!
    kerman

2. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

My dear Sri Uncle,

I don't know how I missed this the last time I logged in. I am so very glad I came here today. Just read the entire post with a big grin on my face. :biggrin2:

Having had the privilege of growing up watching my mom and a couple of her friends from the neighborhood get together on a routine basis to list their ailments, both real and imaginary, hoping to outwit one another in the daily contest of 'Who suffers more?', I do feel aunty's pain. :wink: After all that 'polambifying' (excuse my thanglish), to her at home, you went to the doctor's office and turned to her for help? :rotfl

My younger one does the same. During every car trip to her doctor's office, she will bare her heart to me and pour out her troubles/symptoms and then will relax and go in to 'mouna vradam'. From then on, her lips are sealed and it is up to me to remember everything and tell the doctor. :) On top of all this, aunty gets treated for a non-existent problem? Oh, how I feel her pain! :biggrin2:

2 people like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Kerman
    While I admire your guts in popping a dolo 650 or crocin the moment the mercury starts moving away from your mouth to the other side of the glass tube, I prefer the non-mercuric thermometers that gets pasted on the forehead. I once chewed the glass thermometer and was worried sick for nearly a year wondering if I might have swallowed the mercury. I was looking for all the symptoms for mercuric poisoning for a long time!
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

My dear Meena
    No wonder I look you upon as a dear niece! If your mother loved discussing her physical ailments with her chosen friends, then I would love to be called her brother! Music may be the food of love but illness is most certainly the food of excellent bonding.

Your younger daughter certainly knows the rules of the game. Even I follow a similar strategy. In fact, I hate to get chatty with a doctor about my health problems. When I sit in front of him with assorted problems, mum is the word. He is paid to diagnose my problems on his own. I don't like him to prescribe medicines on the basis of what I tell him. My wife holds a different view and consequently gets treated for hypertension!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  5. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

DEAR CHEENIYA SIR ,

:bangcomp: IS DEFINITELY BETTER THAN :bang - WHICH MADE ME GO INTO A PROLONGED COMA

JUST JOKING I HAD TO TRAVEL TO INDIA IN EMERGENCY JUST CAME BACK LAST WEEK AFTER ALMOST 10 WEEKS
    MY FATHER HAD A HEART ATTACK
    STARTED GOING THROUGH THE POSTS WHEN I SAW YOURS
    ANTICIPATING A GOOD TIME GOING THROUGH THE SNIPPETS AND ESP YOUR RAMBLINGS
    I CAN SEE THAT THERE IS A LOT TO ENJOY AND LOOKING FORWARD TO IT

6. Cheeniya

My dear sw
    I was wondering about your long absence. Sorry to hear about your dad's ailment. Hope he is OK now. Tell him to put it out of his mind. I had one almost 30 years back! The best message that I received then said 'No one can say Cheeniya doesn't have a heart any more!'

Nice to have you back! Hope you will resume your writing soon. I haven't posted anything for a while now. Maybe it is time. The old brain needs a bit of coaxing and cajoling!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  7. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

Hi sir , it is the best message anyone can receive.
    He is stable now .
    Looking forward to your threads.

8. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Cox.jpg

Aria what will I do with Brian Cox?

Kajol.jpg

Aria, you chump, what will I do with Kajol?

Chenzy: I need pierian spring , go figure!
    (Ah! some radioactive fallout from Pierre Curie)
    (on my way to Paris to fetch your muse, stay put)

9. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

So, you would be out of hibernation Cheeniya sir.
    Thank you SW for cajoling and coaxing Cheeniya sir.
    Waiting for the next snippet (I don't call ramblings)
    Syamala

10. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Can I opt or recommend a topic for your ramble? Please ..
    You made a passing note of your early retirement.
    Could you write something reminiscing what prompted, what happened.

The why's, but's and if's that you had to face on retiring from corporate sector early in life.